(NES) Goji's NFL Tecmo Super Bowl LII (2.4) +

gojiphen malor

Goji's NFL Tecmo Super Bowl LII (2.4) +

- All 32 NFL Teams!

- 2017-2018 NFL Schedule!

- Chargers and Rams Now Play in LA!

- Rams New Uniforms!

- Launch Edition Rosters 2/4/18

- Some playbooks / depth chart re-adjusted for 3 WR sets.

- Team AI & stats based upon success in the 2017-2018 season.

- 2018 AFC & NFC Pro Bowl Rosters.

- Halftime Stats!

- Scrambling QB's (Russel Wilson, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winson, and more!)

- Press Start instead of B to throw a lobb pass.

- (NEW) Hybrid Defenses. (Extra defensive backs!)

- (NEW) 2018+ Rosters 4/6/18

3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS AVAILABLE! (STANDARD / JUICED / JUICED PLUS)

SET Commands Applied :

STANDARD VERSION

*No Sprite Flicker

*Add stats after quarters (Halftime Only)

*More NFL like QB rating value

*PA/PC hack - PC is INT and PA is target

*Player-controlled QB rollouts for playaction passes

*Increase CPU kickoff length

*Better COM punt timing

*Press Start instead of B to throw a lob pass

*Bruddog's Moving Grapple / Push-Pull Hack

*Directional Punts ~ hold UP or DOWN to angle your punt

*Decrease Fumbles
*Decrease Injuries in SKP Mode
*Decrease Injuries in MAN Mode

JUICED VERSION

*Faster handoffs, pitches, snaps & player control

*CPU find open receiver

*Passing game probability table hack

*Ball carrier can break up drone grapples

*PR speed change from SS to actual PR player

*Buck's TSB COM Juice Setter - juice to start at week 8 juice and climb to max

*QB throws ball instead of taking sack and runs less 

JUICED PLUS VERSION

*Better INT returns

*COM dive tackling like SNES TSB I

*COM defensive coverage late in season (28 and 32 team codes)

*Jstout 'Logic' Modifier

SET COMMANDS GUIDE by SBlueman :

Recommended Emulator : 

FCEUX : http://www.fceux.com/web/home.html

Recommended Setup :

1. Config \ Video \ Check 'allow more than 8 sprites per scanline.'

2. Config \ Timing \ Check Overclocking (old PPU only) and enter '240' into both scan line boxes.

*If you aren't using an emulator that supports these functions, don't care about flickering sprites,

and just want to play, download the NES Classic Edition

Many thanks to other user submitted roms for player stats and editing.

Rosters may not be 100% perfect and any comments are appreciated.

Enjoy!

- Special thanks to Maverick209 for his insight on player ratings.

**Please note this is a WIP rom, so check back often for revisions!**

**ALL NEW**

Check out this thread for custom covers for all 32 teams!*

1 hour ago, buffalo_tox said:

THANK YOU!!!!

I'm going to run a full COM vs COM for the season, and let you know my experience from that end (I'm probably the only one on this site that doesn't actually play the games on MAN lol)

I love putting the whole season on SKP and just seeing who ends up in the playoffs. Ran this one several times and was pleased with the outcomes.

Almost every team is in it (other than the off chance miracle that Cleveland plays well)

Do you believe in magic?

How does a 19-point comeback bode for you?

Well, Week 14... trailing 0-19 at halftime, we {Jets, MAN} cameback to throttle the Broncos, 28-26 on a 71-yard walkoff bomb to wideout Charone Peake!

595007716b885_TecmoSuperBowlNFL2018(6-24-17)HAJK.thumb.png.df433e936863c5cd8f8beac840752db5.png

Edited by Bolt

18 hours ago, Bolt said:

Do you believe in magic?

How does a 19-point comeback bode for you?

Well, Week 14... trailing 0-19 at halftime, we {Jets, MAN} cameback to throttle the Broncos, 28-26 on a 71-yard walkoff bomb to wideout Charone Peake!

595007716b885_TecmoSuperBowlNFL2018(6-24-17)HAJK.thumb.png.df433e936863c5cd8f8beac840752db5.png

I see you accomplished it with Hackenberg against the game's best defense. Impressive!

Glad people are enjoying the new rosters.

28 minutes ago, Hawg326 said:

One thing I do not know if you can change but Tevin Coleman for the Atlanta Falcons is white in the game however he is supposed to be colored. Anyways this is a great rom I am glad that someone finally made. Thank you!

Thank you!

I'm sure there are a few things I missed here and there. Will fix that up for the next revision.

Glad you are enjoying it!

Just now, gojiphen malor said:

Thank you!

I'm sure there are a few things I missed here and there. Will fix that up for the next revision.

Glad you are enjoying it!

Yeah it didn't really bother me after all I just love playing the game but I know you want to try to make this the best game you can and I'm down for giving any help I can.

Also how is the 4-3 defenses going I can't wait for the next revision. Good Luck and keep making this rom great.  

25 minutes ago, Hawg326 said:

Yeah it didn't really bother me after all I just love playing the game but I know you want to try to make this the best game you can and I'm down for giving any help I can.

Also how is the 4-3 defenses going I can't wait for the next revision. Good Luck and keep making this rom great.  

Still pretty stumped on the 4-3 defenses, and now I've read posts where people feel that particular hack can make the game unstable. I am very new at hacking / hex editing, so I still have some learning to do.

What's next up is fine tuning the individual player AI. For example, Deshaun Watson kept completely killing it every season I simulated, so he got a bit of the "nerf bat" in the last revision. Not that I don't think he will become a good player, I don't see him outshining QB's like Brady and Rogers.

Anything you come across please share!

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the updates!!

Yeah, so I downloaded your newest and thought DEN vs. ATL would be a good rematch :wink:;  so I SKP vs. SKP simmed it and ATL came back to claim things, 27-24.  Then, I reset it, and watched on my TecmoVision, as DEN easily defended their "series" crown, 28-10, in COM vs. COM mode:

Albethey 1-off sims, does anybody know if there's a way to ensure more consistency, between SKPvs.SKP and COMvs.COM simming-results (other than doing multiple simulations)?  Or is that just an across-the-ROM-board (potential) discrepancy?

15 hours ago, Bilt said:

Thanks for all the updates!!

Yeah, so I downloaded your newest and thought DEN vs. ATL would be a good rematch :wink:;  so I SKP vs. SKP simmed it and ATL came back to claim things, 27-24.  Then, I reset it, and watched on my TecmoVision, as DEN easily defended their "series" crown, 28-10, in COM vs. COM mode:

Albethey 1-off sims, does anybody know if there's a way to ensure more consistency, between SKPvs.SKP and COMvs.COM simming-results (other than doing multiple simulations)?  Or is that just an across-the-ROM-board (potential) discrepancy?

I might not have the best knowledge to answer your question, but outside of actually changing the players stats, there is no way I'de know of to guarantee similar outcomes in SKP vs COM.

For example, I felt the Packers should win the NFC North more often in my season simulations, so I upped Aaron Rogers's accuracy a notch.

I'de like to think John Madden is somewhere saying "the football is a funny shaped thing, and takes some funny bounces sometimes.. sometimes it bounces your way, sometimes it doesn't" so games with the type of parody in the NFL there is today could have completely different outcomes due to the ebb and flow of the game.

Anyways, glad you are enjoying the ROM!

Edited by gojiphen malor

16 hours ago, gojiphen malor said:

John Madden is somewhere saying "the football is a funny shaped thing, and takes some funny bounces sometimes.. sometimes it bounces your way, sometimes it doesn't"

Your verbiage is right, your verbiage is raw, your verbiage is real.

I don't know, Daniel-san:  I seem to remember talk of similar outcomes in SKP vs COM, many Moons past...

But I don't remember where (some other thread around here), nor what the outcome ???

By the way, I've moved on from seasons of 15-1 Cardinals and 12-4 Jets {of which I won 44-10, over PIT; and 28-21, over ARZ}, respectively, and am now onto seasons with Saints and Raiders

7 hours ago, Bilt said:

Your verbiage is right, your verbiage is raw, your verbiage is real.

I don't know, Daniel-san:  I seem to remember talk of similar outcomes in SKP vs COM, many Moons past...

But I don't remember where (some other thread around here), nor what the outcome ???

By the way, I've moved on from seasons of 15-1 Cardinals and 12-4 Jets {of which I won 44-10, over PIT; and 28-21, over ARZ}, respectively, and am now onto seasons with Saints and Raiders

Awesome!  The Raiders should be alot of fun to play especially.

Have fun!