rmm1976

Possible to buy a new CRT TV?

Just wondering if they sell them anywhere anymore, to get the retro feel with the old consoles...  I looked online and found nothing.  Was hoping a big box store like Best Buy or Walmart might still sell something.  I know I can find something cheap off craigslist, but wanted to buy NEW if possible.

russia or china - maybe you could import a new tube tv?

these two countries (unlike USA, thanks to strangulatory EPA and other so-called "ecological" standards/taxes) still manufacture "tubes" or "valves" for guitar amplifiers.  so, maybe they still manufacture TV tubes as well as radio and etc?  thus, there is a chance that there might be some kick ass modern new tube TV being produced.  

if you are able to import a new kick ass tube TV, be sure to check the AC voltage requirements, because you might need a step up transformer.

Edited by buck

Most people are willing to pay money to have someone recycle their TV. You should be able to specify exactly what you want in a craiglist ad and get it for free.

Now, to clean up the coffee from the spit-take I just completed while reading this thread...

CRTs are most definitely still manufactured, primarily in Asia and are still heavily in circulation in India.

If you are willing to wait and are coastal (I know you are, Rob.), you can order them off Alibaba for relatively cheap - sub-$30 for sure when using seaport shipments.

Check them out here --> http://bit.ly/2epoaBJ . If serious, you'll have to sort by Minimum Order Quantity 1 and go through the listings. Be advised most posts are written in Engrish, therefore, requiring some concentration/translation. 😂