Sign in to follow this  
regulator088

Season 40 draft/previews

Would like to hear how people think they did, the logic behind their draft, and teams you are looking to make noise.

Preliminarily, there is 1 team I see while BRIEFLY scanning the draft that I would deem the best. TecmoBo's team is nasty with fast QB/RB and LB 4 help with Johnson trolling the field. Yikes.

I feel my draft went as expected with a few errors here and there (like drafting butts/harmon when Neal was available). I'm satisfied and have my typical threat of fast QB/RB and fast decent speed WR's with HP (RB's hilliard/hayes). My defense isn't anything to necessarily fear, but has just enough parts to bend and not break. INT's in the secondary to help with the long ball and Byrd/Clifton to snuff the run.

Should be a successful year in Philly. GL HSTL.

I went back and looked at how my team would've turned out if Barry fell one more pick to me, and I vastly preferred that team (Barry, Gault/Brown, Darrell or Oliver at DB, Elway, then basically the same picks), so I guess the grass is always greener! I like my team overall, but a few others will be tough - gats with a great passing team, Reg with a fast RB, QB, and Clifton/Byrd, Arn with some HP in Ottis and outtapping everyone, etc.

Hock's team is far and away the best IMO, of course it helped that QB Eagles fell into his lap.  I'm not crazy about TecmoBo's team simply because I suck with Peete (and based on history of the league most people do).  It takes a highly skilled owner to be successful with Peete, due to the limitations of his passing.

Its a mixed bag... some people have gotten pretty close to a title with him. I remember I got close in S17 but canes beat me in a back and forth game where my one lost fumble by my RB to his zero was the difference.

Grabbing defense and a regular 44 pc qb is sometimes  more worthwhile than what you pay for that 31MS at QB.  But it seems he has been falling farther as of late allowing people to add a solid defensive piece in the 2nd round. 

Your team needed a field stretcher at WR to make it work. You had a slow as dirt richard johnson and a dcent speed but low rec beebe.