allamerican1569

Berwyn, IL - 10/14/17 - The Equalizer - Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

10 hours ago, Green Majik said:

I agree! What's most intriguing to me is the whole stick-with-one-team throughout concept. Just playing with numbers. Let's say Mort goes 3-0 and takes the Bears. Regulator goes 2-1 and takes the Lions. Gats goes 1-2 and takes the Saints. Who doesn't want to see Gats try to run the table with the Saints? CAUSE I DO. 

Things will get especially interesting if few or none of the groups provide players that go either 3-0 or 0-3. Then where you fall in the lottery becomes SUPER significant -- if you go 2-1 there's a roll of the dice distance from getting your first pick to getting your 10th. 

I'm trying to get there but can't. The RNG of this format is quite significant and I am not sure I would want to watch Gats 1-2 with NO as a static team. I definitely would not want to watch a Mort CHI vs Gats NO game. It would be a total slaughter while then also relying on RNG to make the matchup mildly interesting. So, the tournament outcome is RNG x RNG = ?. I am all for change and innovation but this format has far too many changes in one go for me.

Ya I can't say I'm a fan of this format at least with 20 entrants. The 1st best team vs the 20th best team is a sizeable handicap. It might make the middle of the tourney compelling but the final few games will likely not be. 

This is going to be a fun format.  I knew it wasn't to going to be for everyone hence the 20 player max.  I'm glad some of the elite players are taking the challenge.  In a year when Tecmo tournaments and enthusiasm is at a all time high, I figured it was worth a shot to do something completely different.

My thinking in creating this format was the inclusion of things I like from different sports and leagues:  Superior vs Inferior 4 team divisions in the NFL, the NBA Draft Lottery, the NFL / NBA / Fantasy Drafts, and Cinderella teams in the basketball NCAA Tournament (whether it ends up being elite player with mid-lower tier team or good player with high tier team or neither).   Also, by keeping it small, all players will have a chance to get on the stream during the live team draft.  I'm looking forward to running this tournament and I'm pleased to see the enthusiasm and buy in from the players attending.

36 minutes ago, regulator088 said:

If you pour it, they will come.

Sober Regulator not making an appearance in Illinois? 

@bruddog and I will need to adjust our obvious twitter commentary during the tournament.

22 hours ago, ImFlo said:

This will be the best group play ever.

I'm bringing the broom, cause I plan on sweeping.

There really ought to be a special prize if someone does sweep the most elite group of Tecmo players the world has ever seen. 

Like, a Nimbus 2000 with your name monogrammed on it along with documentation of said group play victories. 

Or maybe an aircraft carrier. If Flo beats three Madison champs consecutively in group play, that's about the only thing that would be large enough to hold his bragging rights. 

44 minutes ago, Green Majik said:

There really ought to be a special prize if someone does sweep the most elite group of Tecmo players the world has ever seen. 

The Kid - Tecmo XII:

Gripsmoke ✔️

Regulator ✔️

Orenga ✔️

Mort ✔️

MattyD ✔️

Kyle Nelson ✔️

Rikster ✔️

Flo - Tecmo Dallas I:

Big Hock ❌

Neerrm ❌

9 minutes ago, ImFlo said:

Dave, remember your first tecmo title?

It was called tribe Flo for a reason.

6 minutes ago, ImFlo said:

Also, I'm asking because I don't remember.

I remember why it is in my office and not yours.

My landlord/Roomate is Being an Asshole It's likely myself and Gats won't be at this Tournament Joey has yet to move in.  Is it possible to be refunded for our entries sorry for the late back out.

9 hours ago, hankthetank said:

My landlord/Roomate is Being an Asshole It's likely myself and Gats won't be at this Tournament Joey has yet to move in.  Is it possible to be refunded for our entries sorry for the late back out.

That wouldn't be a problem Hank.  Are you guys 100% not able to come?  Or do you want until the end of the week to see if you guys can figure it out?

2 hours ago, regulator088 said:

The very thought of me sober has already scared some away!

I, for one, am not afraid of sober Regulator.* 

*I've also never played sober or drunk Regulator competitively, so my opinion is fairly worthless. 

24 minutes ago, qb_browns said:

I, for one, am not afraid of sober Regulator.* 

*I've also never played sober or drunk Regulator competitively, so my opinion is fairly worthless. 

Everyone should be afraid of sober @regulator088, especially @joeygats & @Coconuts .

On 9/26/2017 at 9:14 AM, tecmobo said:

The group play should be really competitive! My guess is the top two would look something like this:

GROUP OF DEATH:

Gats

Reg

Mort

Flo

GROUP OF COMA:

Lou

TecmoBo

Hank

Tom/Joe/Shark/Immortal (haven't played some of these guys so not sure)

If Hank and Gats are out due to issues, then its probably:

Reg, Mort, Flo, TecmoBo

Lou, Tom, and two other guys

Should be entertaining I suppose. 

14 hours ago, allamerican1569 said:

That wouldn't be a problem Hank.  Are you guys 100% not able to come?  Or do you want until the end of the week to see if you guys can figure it out?

Good Call it's looking like we are back in.