11. Hank The Tank

12. Joey Venchus

13. Louis Buennagel (red98sethuthut)

14. Daniel Slattery

15. Dave Watski (The Shark)

16. Phil N. (Dmen Tap)

17. James Kuhn (player121xk)

18.  Black (Shallahbey)

I don't envy Tom's task in making groups out of the current registration list. Reg and Gats are obvious choices for the top group - their resumes speak for themselves. 

Mort is definitely in that next tier of players given his recent run of form in the past few live tournaments. 

But then you have this:

Flo - #1 seed Madison

Lou - #1 Seed Madison

TecmoBo - #1 Seed Madison

Todd (immortal) - #1 Seed Madison

James (player121xk) - #1 Seed Madison

Green Majik - #2 Seed Madison

Dan Slattery - #2 Seed Madison

Hank the Tank - #2 Seed Madison

Tom (allamerican1569) - #2 Seed Madison

James, Flo, Lou, and TecmoBo could all be that fourth player in that top group. Lou may not like being in the same group as his brother, but maybe he might relish the challenge. 

And if you want details on the seed within the entire tournament that each of those guys was given in Madison this year to assist in this difficult process I can always send information your way Tom. 

Edited by qb_browns
forgot the actual organizer - oops

21 minutes ago, qb_browns said:

I don't envy Tom's task in making groups out of the current registration list. Reg and Gats are obvious choices for the top group - their resumes speak for themselves. 

Mort is definitely in that next tier of players given his recent run of form in the past few live tournaments. 

But then you have this:

Flo - #1 seed Madison

Lou - #1 Seed Madison

James, Flo, Lou, and TecmoBo could all be that fourth player in that top group. Lou may not like being in the same group as his brother, but maybe he might relish the challenge. 

And if you want details on the seed within the entire tournament that each of those guys was given in Madison this year to assist in this difficult process I can always send information your way Tom. 

Yeah, it's going to be a fun task.  I have pretty good data on all the players except Dave (The Shark) Watski.  I didn't see anything on him from the most recent Madison player profile update.  If you have some extra data on him, I'll take it along with any other player data you are willing to share.  I would like to do a live seeding show, just waiting on filling these last two spots.

Also, what is Flo's longest run at Tecmo Madison?  Even though I'm high on Flo as a local legend, The Burning Mort crowd didn't seem to respect him as much.

Edited by allamerican1569

2 hours ago, allamerican1569 said:

Also, what is Flo's longest run at Tecmo Madison?  Even though I'm high on Flo as a local legend, The Burning Mort crowd didn't seem to respect him as much.

Elite 8 (8th place) at Tecmo XII.

Flo gets the most shit from everyone because he talks the most shit out of everyone.

Flo is one of my best Tecmo friends and has the respect of everyone to the nth degree. He was my date to meet Bo after all.

As a player, sober Flo is great. Drunk Flo is even saucier.

3 hours ago, qb_browns said:

But then you have this:

Flo - #1 seed Madison

Lou - #1 Seed Madison

Nice some more talent added in the last few days! Now even group 2 is looking like all Madison #1 seeds, I love it! Bonus points if I get to play James since I'm still looking for some revenge from when he eliminated me in the Round of 64 at my first Madison!

13 hours ago, Dave.THE.SHARK.Watski said:

Hank, do you and Gats have bunk beds or what?   

Well the plan was that he was going to move into this place I'm staying at in Green Bay from Philly but the owner is selling the place so there are a lot of changing parts.  As it sits right now Gats is staying in Philly until November and that keeps us out of the tournament as he would be too far away and I would have to stay sober or stay somewhere the night of so it looks like we are both out right now.  That isn't final yet though.

13 hours ago, davefmurray said:

Flo is one of my best Tecmo friends

awwwwww :wink:

13 hours ago, davefmurray said:

and has the respect of everyone to the nth degree.

Now this, I'm not so sure of.

Also, winning the two* Chicago meet-ups so far, I feel like should probably give me the bump up to that first group.

*And by winning the first meet-up, I just mean that I beat Mort in the 'Mort $50 Challenge™'.

14 hours ago, ImFlo said:

Also, winning the two* Chicago meet-ups so far, I feel like should probably give me the bump up to that first group.

*And by winning the first meet-up, I just mean that I beat Mort in the 'Mort $50 Challenge™'.

So much for my master plan to get Flo bumped to group 2, have him go 3-0, grab a top 4 seed, *and* get a choice of top tier team. 

Damn @ImFlo, you ruined a good thing. 

Edited by qb_browns

6 hours ago, qb_browns said:

So much for my master plan to get Flo bumped to group 2, have him go 3-0, grab a top 4 seed, *and* get a choice of top tier team. 

Damn @ImFlo, you ruined a good thing. 

I appreciate the effort, but homie don't play that. I'd rather play the best and see what happens.

Damn it we're out it's official now I hope this becomes a regular occurrence so we can come back later.

Well I still think i'll place higher than Flo.

Edited by hankthetank

On 10/3/2017 at 10:37 AM, qb_browns said:

But then you have this:

Flo - #1 seed Madison

Lou - #1 Seed Madison

I've curiously drawed @mort1237 in every tournament ive played in this summer. i'm 1-3 vs him. I haven't played in while as ive been very busy lately . I might hit up some online pickup games shake the rust off. I'd like my group to be Mort, Reg , Flo or Ones11 OR tecmobo if he comes. 

1 hour ago, red98sethuthut said:

I've curiously drawed @mort1237 in every tournament ive played in this summer. i'm 1-3 vs him. I haven't played in while as ive been very busy lately . I might hit up some online pickup games shake the rust off. I'd like my group to be Mort, Reg , Flo or Ones11 OR tecmobo if he comes. 

Groups are only 4 people I think. Is Ones coming? That'd add some nice talent.

Interesting that you want to be in your bro's group - I think that's cool. Personally I want to be in James' group since I'm 0-1 in tourney's against him. But I'm sure Tom will work it all out.

1 hour ago, tecmobo said:

Personally I want to be in James' group since I'm 0-1 in tourney's against him. But I'm sure Tom will work it all out.

Prettttttyyyyyy sure you are shooting low as to not be in the group of death. lol

1 hour ago, davefmurray said:

Prettttttyyyyyy sure you are shooting low as to not be in the group of death. lol

Nah you can ask James how much that loss has been bothering me - I tracked him down at the last Madison and made him play me with the same teams and p1/p2 as when he eliminated me two years earlier. He was like "Really?" haha. We didn't get to finish the game unfortunately.

I'm still convinced I was at my best at my first Madison, since I stopped playing online for awhile after that. To lose to James when I was up by 7, with the ball at his 10, with 3 minutes left in the game was crushing (fumble, OT, lose with some cc's mixed in). I had the 1000-yard stare for awhile after that.

So my only point was that if I'm not in James' group then I may not get to play him in the tourney, depending on how the bracket shakes out.

Also if that was the case I wouldn't want ODT, Ones, or other guys that would make for a stronger group 2 to come, but I've been actively recruiting ODT on discord and here even before Gats dropped out. All I want is an awesome annual Chicago tourney to catch on!!!

Edited by tecmobo

5 minutes ago, tecmobo said:

Nah you can ask James how much that loss has been bothering me - I tracked him down at the last Madison and made him play me with the same teams and p1/p2 as when he eliminated me two years earlier. He was like "Really?" haha. We didn't get to finish the game unfortunately.

I'm still convinced I was at my best at my first Madison, since I stopped playing online for awhile after that. To lose to James when I was up by 7, with the ball at his 10, with 3 minutes left in the game was crushing (fumble, OT, lose with some cc's mixed in). I had the 1000-yard stare for awhile after that.

So my only point was that if I'm not in James' group then I may not get to play him in the tourney, depending on how the bracket shakes out.

??

Great story.

On 10/7/2017 at 9:39 AM, allamerican1569 said:

Join us at Dmen Tap (located in Chicago, IL on Belmont and California Ave.) on Monday October 9th from 6:30pm - 10:30pm for a tournament warm up session.  We will be streaming live.  Dmen Tap has half price off beers from 8pm - 10pm.

I keep having to work Monday nights. Fucking shit.

On 10/7/2017 at 9:39 AM, allamerican1569 said:

Join us at Dmen Tap (located in Chicago, IL on Belmont and California Ave.) on Monday October 9th from 6:30pm - 10:30pm for a tournament warm up session.  We will be streaming live.  Dmen Tap has half price off beers from 8pm - 10pm.

I'll there! I'm ready to get warmed up.