8 posts in this topic
Free to Play Cash Prize Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament
When - Tuesday August 22, 2017
Where - Michael Anthony's Pizzeria - 6434 W. Ogden Ave. Berwyn, IL 60402
Time - Registration 6:30pm to 7:15pm, Kickoff Time 7:30pm
Buy In - Free to Enter
-Single Elimination Tournament
-Size depends on attendance
-Tom, Flo, and Mort will be the 1,2, and 3 seeds as we are putting up the prize money. Everyone else will be seeded accordingly based on our knowledge of the attendees.
We are gearing this tournament towards the local Chicago players to introduce them to the Tecmo Tournament scene at no risk, but anyone is welcome to come play, including Tecmo veterans.
1st - $100
2nd - $50
1. Tier list for all games. Winner of coin toss is player 1 and chooses tier. Loser of coin toss is player 2 and chooses team from tier player 1 selected or a lower tier. Winner of coin toss chooses team second from tier originally chosen or lower tier.
2. 49ers are allowed in group play with limitation. Either Joe Montana or Jerry Rice has to be on the bench. They cannot be on the field at the same time on offense. You can switch them in and out once per quarter and an additional time at the end of half / game.
3. We will not keep track of teams used. Choose the team that best suites you under the tier list guidelines.
4. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes. You are allowed to change your selected team's playbook before each game. Checking the change / substitution screen is allowed during gameplay. Once per quarter for each player is the recommendation.
5. WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
6. No ties for single elimination playoff. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. All OT’s will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If no one scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.
7. Defensive Lineman Lurching is prohibited. In this tournament, lurching is defined by user controlling a defensive lineman, not engaging a blocker, then diving at the quarterback or running back. If you go around the offensive line, you are allowed to dive at the quarterback. Going through the offensive line is permitted with a defensive lineman, but diving at quarterback or running back would be considered lurching.
8. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
9. Tournament Disputes: Tom Stahnke and Francis Mort Buennagel are the tournament referees. They will decide all disputes unless one of them is a player in the game. If one or both is a player in the disputed game, Kyle Floetl will resolve the dispute.
10. Competitors are allowed to bring their own controller, but it has to be an official Nintendo rectangle controller.
Live Stream: The Retro Sports Gamer Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the tournament. Thanks!
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.