SammieSmith33

Bloomington, MN - 08/12/17 - Millard's Mayhem 2: Tecmo Super Bowl Tourney

37 posts in this topic

For Millards Mayhem 2: Hotel accommodations 

Double Tree Bloomington Minneapolis South: $119 952-835-7800. This where tourney will be held

Prime Rate Hotel Burnsville MN $67.00 952-894-8554

America's Best Value Burnsville MN $80.00 952-894-3400

LivInn Hotel Burnsville MN $68.00 952-390-7994

Quality Inn Burnsville, MN $76.00 952-394-6124

Country Inn Suites Bloomington MN right next to the Double Tree $91.00 952-831-9595

The Burnsville Hotels are cheaper and are about 15 minutes away.

14 hours ago, thegamer1185 said:

I'll be there. Might be able to talk my brother into it also.

Your brother would be me... Noonan... and yes I'm strongly considering a trip to the MSP metro area for a good time.

Good to hear!! The more the merrier.  Where are you guys from?

Yes there is beer at this thing!

Minnesota fellas should all split one room an out a keg in it

5 hours ago, segathonsov said:

Not to sound like a lush, but is there beer at this thing?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

You guys are from Iowa too!  Andre Tippet

Hey Everyone,

we we are good on all equipment except Tecmo Super Bowl Cartridges.

Tecmo Super Bowl Cartridges:

Scib(2), Kris (3), George, Tom (2), Nick (2)=10

if if we could get 6 more that would be great.

we have enough equipment for 64+ players.

also if you aren't to far away we are going to have a practice session in my garage (3 stalls) from 12-4 this Saturday July 22. Will be Brats, Burgers, Beers. 

Direct message me on Discord for address

Practice session went well today.  Thanks for coming out.  Have some up and comers. Nostradamus vs. Fair Weather.  An interesting matchup too is Bears vs. Oilers. Tey it out it will make you smile.52243962639__83BA0CDA-2A9C-4FC1-BBB8-A45B316A3F7D.thumb.JPG.b83175273c52fa5847531406ddde0c59.JPG

Edited by SammieSmith33

11 minutes ago, SammieSmith33 said:

Practice session went well today.  Thanks for coming out.  Have some up and comers. Nostradamus vs. Fair Weather.  An interesting matchup too is Bears vs. Oilers. Tey it out it will make you smile.52243962639__83BA0CDA-2A9C-4FC1-BBB8-A45B316A3F7D.thumb.JPG.b83175273c52fa5847531406ddde0c59.JPG

Great session!  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By red98sethuthut
        What: The Buffalo NES/SEga Olympic All Around Event
      When: Tentatively September 16th 2017 9/16/2017
      Where: AJ's Lounge 1028 Walden Avenue Buffalo NY 14211
      Time: 11am
      Entry Fee: $10 ( Pay in Person)
      Format: We play about ten different games from Nes and Sega. TSB a DEf. Others to voted on Like Nes ice Hockey, Megaman, Tecmo World Wrestling, Nba Jam ( I don't have this game), Nhl 94 or 95 ( which 1 is the better 1?), Tetris, Paper Boy, Rbi Baseball, TSB III, Tecmo Bowl, Eternal Champions, Contra, Mortal Kombat, Sports Talk Baseball. You will get a Medal (Gold, Silver, Bronze) for being 1st thru 3rd in any events. The person with most points wins the competition. Gold medal=3pts Silver=2pts Bronze=1pts
      Prize pool for Gold (55%), Silver 2nd(30%) and bronze 3rd(15%) +

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      REGISTERED PLAYERS:
      1. Louis B. (Red98sethuthut) Buffalo NY 1 nes System 2 Tv's
      2. Francis B. ( Mort1237) Lakewood IL 1 nes system
      3.  Jason P. (laztlain) LockPort NY. 1 Princess Tv 1 Lcd tv 1 Nes System w/o Cords                                                             
      4. Paul B. Townwanda Ny 1 Nes System 1 Tv 1 Cord 
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st step: email Ss4sonkun@yahoo.com with

NAME:
      NICKNAME:
      EQUIPMENT: Were in need of more N.E.S systems and tube tv's to handle the format. A
      HOMETOWN:
      PHONE #:
      Let us know what games you can bring and what date work for you best?

The below video link shows what is illegal.

1st step: email Ss4sonkun@yahoo.com with

NAME:
      NICKNAME:
      EQUIPMENT: We are in need of more N.E.S systems and tube tv's to handle the format. What Nintendo/Sega Games can you bring?
      HOMETOWN:
      PHONE #:
      What Games can you bring??? What date works for you best?

• By DetoxScission
      So I know i'm not the only one and I know Midwest Tecmo, Northeast Tecmo and Madison Tecmo all stream their tournaments (which are awesome to watch!), but i'm throwing my hat in the ring, too, because... why not? I'm doing it, I might as well briefly advertise that I do. For a while I was doing Let's Plays on Youtube with newer roster edits of the original game (There's a thread for it buried somewhere), but editing is obnoxious and I grew tired of doing it. Plus I have a real 40 hour-a-week job, so I don't have the time. But I do have time to stream a few nights a week for an hour or two. So... long-winded and all, if you're interested in watching another person stream Tecmo Super Bowl, follow me on Twitch. If not, ignore my post. It will mostly be season-runs, as every instance i've had of playing in the TPC online arena has ended with me getting throttled. However, maybe a possibility down the road if the stars align. Anyways, link below. If enough people start showing up, i'll set up my microphone. Otherwise, i'm just playing various created music playlists in the background and talking in chat. Thanks for reading!

https://www.twitch.tv/joncarrnage
    • By SpaceJammer#5

View File Tecmo Super Bowl 1960
      The 1960 NFL season 

I didn't create it I just posted it 

Enjoy.
      Submitter SpaceJammer#5 Submitted 10/15/2013 Category Misc ROMs  
    • By trojan1979
      Green Bay WI, 8-3-2017 6:30PM - GBLAN Presents, 3rd Beebe, a Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

My wife is due with our 3rd child at the end of August.  This is the first available Thursday night after baseball season ends for those in our area.  Thursday night tournaments have been a great way to get that accelerated tournament experience.  Our last two tournaments got us 49 total participants.

Here is the official FB page for signup http://tinyurl.com/3rdbeebe  Sign up at 6:30, games start by 7PM.

Games are played on official NES hardware, or hardware clones with real cartridges, no rom dumps or emulation.  Controllers are NES OEM, and games are played on CRT tvs.  We can do up to 18 stations, but will likely have 10-12 setup.  To this point we haven't had any waiting due to unavailable systems since moving to our Thursday format.

Standard Madison matchmaking and game play rules are in effect.

If we exceed 16 players we will use a group play format, followed by a single elim bracket.  If we are at 16 or under, we will use a standard challonge double elim bracket.

The entire event goes on for about 4 hours typically, with the majority of the field done by 10 or so..  The last two times we had pizza provided by a sponsor, and we are working to see if we can get them onboard again.  Drinks are $1 off for participating.

Entry fee is $10 per person.  Payout is 50% to 1st place, gift certs to 2nd and 3rd place, remaining proceeds go to pay for equipment.

Please RSVP on the FB page if you are coming.  If you are interested in coming, and not use Facebook, you may message me on the boards, or email trojan1979@gmail.com with your intentions.

Hope to see you there!

Trojan

• By trojan1979
      Our April online tournament has come to a close and we will be starting a new one almost immediately. I'm looking for players of all abilities. If interested please send me a PM, or post on this thread, and I'll get you the deets. The tournament is with the TPC_tapmeter rom if anyone is curious. We had about 36 players compete in the last one, and I'd like to see that number go up. We'd like to have the roster and groups finalized by this Friday 6/9/2017, so message me ASAP if interested. Thanks!  If we don't have enough players we will extend this.

More details will emerge, but the general gist of things is that you will be placed in a group where you play everyone in said group back to back, taking turns hosting and playing as player 1.

Overall records and point differential seeds a double elimination bracket.  Nearly ever game's NSV file is commentated on and uploaded to youtube by myself, along with guest color commentators such as @Ryan11p Retro Sports Gamer, Old Dirty Tecmo, Odell, Ptitteri, Toolie, Darthrockman and potentially more this season.  It's a great way for new and old players to improve, and simulate a local tournament feel.

As of right now we have about 16 signed up.  We'd like to get as many as before, so please let me know ASAP if you want in.

I'll need you to fill out this form to apply to the tournament.  Due to scheduling and hosting challenges for some, not all will be accepted into this event.  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3mqXGThQ7aLcXkq5Z_sNmesJHbsGooVhbLLiwVXW0v2Njfg/viewform?c=0&w=1