Bloomington, MN - 08/12/17 - Millard's Mayhem 2: Tecmo Super Bowl Tourney

Awesome!  Noonan and RetroNathan in the house things are coming together.  I just met with the one of the heads of the 2D Con today.  We are the first tourney happening on Saturday at 11:00.  I would really like to get going at 11:00 so please come around 10:00-10:30.  I will be there at 8:30 getting TV's, Systems, and games ready for action. You can show up early too if you want too. If you want to get in some practice feel free.  There will be no pre-tournament stuff on Friday but 2D con will be running full force from 2pm until the late hours.  They will have plenty to do check out the flyer I have attached. If you want to practice maybe try coordinating with each other hotel style.  I would be interested but I have the brothers and parents coming in for the tourney.  You know George has to get his game face ready.  

On the flyer it says we have a Sunday time too.  That is an error we are only running Saturday.  There will be plenty to do when you are not playing as well.  There are stand up arcades and pinball games and other tourneys going on.  I will be doing the Injustice 2 tourney on Sunday. If you have any questions please feel free to message on here, email, or discord.  I will be on all three frequently now that it getting close.

If you want to bring your own equipment that is fine.  I know Nick and Tom had originally four systems each but they are down to two systems a piece.  I know Justin Peters, Nate, and Noonan are bring a system.  If anyone else would like to that would be great.  We are 13 systems of as now.  16 would be perfect. 

Thank you all for making this happen.  It means a lot and I am hoping this will be a great experience for you all as well.  

It's going to be a blast.

program.pdf

As a part of our yearly qualifying tournaments, the winner of certain events gains a FREE entry to Tundra Bowl in Green Bay the following year. I'm proud to announce that the winner of this weekend's tourney, Millard's Mayhem 2, will receive FREE entry to Tundra Bowl V in Green Bay on January 27th, 2018! A complete list of qualifying tournaments is available on Tundra Bowl's website.

TBV.thumb.jpg.70779cbde6b8a6282dc614031ee5c8fc.jpg

I really enjoyed my time at this tournament, and @SammieSmith33 did a great job with the tourney itself, as well as having a plethora of excellent door prizes. Thankful to be a part of it and see a lot of the brotherhood. 

Congrats to @mort1237 on another spectacular run, and congrats to @thegamer1185 for winning not only Millard's Mayhem today, but also free entry to Tundra Bowl V in January!

Disclaimer: The cash prize for winning Millard's Mayhem significantly outweighs the free TBV entry, but it's a nice bonus. 

Great job @SammieSmith33 

Tourney had it all

- Great Venue - lots of other stuff to do with free arcade, indie games and magic card players that make a nerdy looking guy like myself resemble a prom king.

- Tons of people with 2dcon going on - (I saw Chris Kluwe, Batman, chicks in spandex and portly guys wrapped in hotel pillows)

- Great group of guys between Sammies 38 brothers, the rest of the Wisconsin Dells crew, the large Iowa contingent with @noonan energy (I think 5 hour energy drinks are just Noonans sweat)

- all the tecmo swag for raffels.  wish I was first out and got this shirt

And some great finishes.

This one was right after the Pass block Saftey Glitch Happened

And of course the Championship game mele at the end.  Glad @RetroNathan caught it on camera.  I was trying to as well.  (that's my elbow that keeps getting in the way) but I didn't press record.

Mark Carrier is Unstoppable. 

Top 10 Moments From Millard's Mayhem 2:

#10: Everybody coming!  This tourney couldn't of happened with all of you coming.  You all really brought the Mayhem to the tourney.  Hopefully you are all back next year.  I have heard of or  seen most everyone at the tourney but it was nice to actually talk and get to know some of you a little more.  At Madison it is so crazy trying to get to know others is pretty tough.  

#9: My buddy Tony losing with the 49ers against the Bills against my brother Mike.  I think of the 49ers as the unbeatable team and my buddy Tony should of easily won with way more experience.  It was funny to see him lose and my brother getting his first Tecmo victory.  

#8: The Raffle prizes: I gave away a 12 month calendar the People's Champ made with some of his greatest sports memories.  It was hand drawn by him.  I believe Cory (Noonan) won it.  Ask him.  He can tell you it was a real Picasso. Also Segathon's buddy Nate winning the autographed Jeff George Card giving him good luck and getting him to the Elite 8 of the tourney.  He truly did give 110%.  I spent many of hours during my summer school prep periods on craigslist and ebay bargaining for low prices.  I tried to make sure almost everyone won something.  If you didn't let me know I will make you a card of your favorite player and bring it to Tundra Bowl.

#7: Everyone making bracket play.  It meant a lot to my buddies who aren't the best and new players that I haven't met (who were part of 2D Con) to be in bracket play.  Also for those traveling from far away distances it makes it worth while.  Everyone at least got 4 games in.  It gives a fighting chance to everyone.  It was also great to see my friends and brothers matched up against each other in the brackets.

#6: The People's Champ getting his first victory.  He almost had 2 in bracket play.  He had Segathon on the ropes for most of the game in a Jets (Segathon) vs. Phoenix (George) it took a last quarter drive to get the win.  Then the next game he defeated my brother Alex to cement his name in the win column. My brother could be an up and comer.  I bet in 20 years he could take Madison.

#5 and #4:

RetroNathan  stepping up and helping me out.  Tom (8-Bit) was suppose to help me run this but for some reason just didn't. I know he did move so he was busy with real world stuff but it is hard to run a tourney one your own.  My buddy Scib reduced him to 4 Bit because of his performance and play. Nate really came through with setting up the bracket putting in scores and helping clean up.  I really appreciated it.  He received a Joe Montana Starting Lineup as a reward.  I couldn't of run the tourney as effectively without them. 

Segathon bringing his Tv's and NBA JAM.  Having extra controllers which we needed two of and an extra TV which we needed and NBA Jam was awesome.  Not only did my buddies love NBA Jam a college favorite for us but other people from 2D Con were playing NBA Jam.  I really wished I wasn't running the tourney because I was jealous watching my buddies and brothers playing NBA Jam. I wanted in on that action. Miller and Smits never were able to get their groove on.

These guys are also great guys in general.  Awesome personalities and super fun to hang around. If you don't know them go to Tundra Bowl this January which Retro Nathan host or a Segathon event.  It will make you smile.

#3.5 and 3:  The Iowa boys representing. I had heard of these guys but to really meet them was a joy.  I played Kyle in group play in a classic match of Cleveland vs. NO which was back and forth until I fumbled on the kickoff and he took the lead for good. I played Cory in the final 6 in which he crushed me. I played Kris Kramer in the Elite 8 and he won in a Bills vs. Giants matchup which I was lucky to comeback and then lost on on my final drive.  He blocked my JJ.  I didn't get to play Justin or the other Kramer Brother but they are fun guys. I think they were all part of the Elite 8.  Partying with you guys would be great.  I  hope to make it down there for one of your tourneys.  I have tried a couple of years and each time snow has been my nemesis.

Josh coming in from ND.  He was classic.  He had a classic game against my buddy Scib in bracket play.  He also brought a  case of Coors tall cans in and had great enthusiasm.  That is what I call class.

#2: My buddy Scib (Nostradamus)(Bills) and Josh (ElijahPeters)(Oilers) game in bracket play.  Segathon posted the video a must watch.  Scib throws a pass and it goes out bounds in the endzone for a safety with a minute left up one.  He then kickoffs and Josh throws a JJ to get himself to the 50 with 3 seconds left.  Zendejas lines up a perfect kick only to get blocked and win the game.  It was pandemonium!  I forgot how it all broke down until I watched the video that is how pumped I was.

#1: The Championship game Francis (Mort)(Buccaneers) vs. Kyle (The Gamer)(Cardinals).  This game had some of the best back and forth action I had ever seen for a championship game.  It was classic.  Mort was doing JJ's with Carrier like no one I had ever seen.  He was on fire.  Next year could definitely see a name change to Millard's Mayhem because of this game.  Kyle did come back on a JJ to Roy Green and then out tapped Mort to score to send the game to overtime. I think the total play was 80 yards with the JJ happening on Mort's 48 yard line.  Mort won the toss in OT and then after two plays fumbled on his 27 yard line.  After two plays Kyle kicks the game winning field goal with Al Del Greco to seal the deal.  He wins the Championship Belt and the prize money.  It was great.  An awesome way to end the tourney.  Super fun and super exciting.  

Thanks again everyone.  There were other great games and lots of excitement across the board to talk about as well, but that will all be in the book I write.  Just kidding.  Thanks for the memories.  

image1.thumb.JPG.cc279037bc1625e09e6a7f1e3dbab69b.JPG

Thanks for a great time, fellas!  Great tourney, SammieSmith33!  The Jeff George card will be cuddling next to me in bed until the next tournament.  I'm going to practice knocking controllers out of opponents' hands, so I have a chance next time!

@Lebron of the 'Thon @segathonsovI hope to make it to the Segathon NHL Tourney.  I bet that is allowed since it's Hockey. I'll have to practice up.  My favorite team was the Islanders.

Edited by SammieSmith33

• DFM unpinned this topic

Everything was great. Had a blast. All the speed running going on next to us was awesome to watch. Everybody had a blast it seemed, win or lose. That play was actually 95 yards I think. I ran out of bounds at the 5 on the KR to make sure I could get a few plays off. Not to many people can say they have a 95yd TD in a Tecmo tournament under their belt. I did it against Mort with no time left to tie it! That's crazy. Mort's a great sport and incredibly fun to play with. Hope he dominates every where he goes except for when I'm there, haha. I'll definitely be back next year.

I'm with you Chris. If I wasn't in the tournament, you bet your ass I was going to go looking at all the other game centers going on. Never been to any game expo before. I know that was a small-ish one but it was awesome. I can't even imagine what E3 would be like.