bruddog

Story of nesticle

5 posts in this topic

nesticle was the first emulator I ever used.  it is also the reason I started hacking TSB - the "real-time tile-editing" feature was awesome and as far as I know the only emu that allows it.  plus it was just a cool emu - had that raw power appeal, and ran on about anything.

note - according to the article, the NESticle dude went to the same high school as my wife (and a couple of long-lost old friends) and was there around the same time they were. 

Was a great read. Would recommend if you ever used this console. This was THE THING back in the day and shifting to nestopia in online tecmo was a hard sell for years given how good this emulator was.

What a great article, it's awesome to see those guys get credit and to see where they ended up.

Someone should to similar research on the beginnings with this community...

Ah, the good old Nesticle bloody hand with pointing finger...  I was one of the ones who resisted Nestopia.  I was so used to Nesticle and ZSNES back in the day!

I wonder how many guys on the boards here played back in the dialup days with Nesticle and high vframe settings--  I'd bet less than 10%?