15. Jamie I. - Chillicothe, OH

16. Francis B. (mort) - Maywood, IL 1 TV, 1 TSB Cart

17. Matt J. - Fostoria, OH

18. Eric K. - Lima, OH

19. Greg V.B. - Dayton, OH

20. Jeff L. - Columbus, OH

21. Larry G. - Columbus, OH

TOURNAMENT FORMAT (tentative):
First phase: Four, eight-man double-elimination brackets will occur. The top two players in each bracket will go to the Gold Bracket. The eight players that lose their first two games will go to the Bronze Bracket. The other 16 players will go to the Silver Bracket, with their placement in the bracket occurring based on when their second loss happens during the tournament.

Gold Bracket: The eight players that make it out of the first phase will be placed in another eight-man, double-elimination bracket with prizes going to the top four players.

Silver Bracket: The 16 players that do not either finish in the top two places in their bracket, or do not lose their first two games in their bracket, will go to the Silver Bracket. This will be a single-elimination tournament, with prizes going to the top two players.

Bronze Bracket: The eight players that lose their first two matches will be placed in the Bronze Bracket. This will be a single-elimination tournament with the winner receiving prizes.

PRIZES:
1st - $300

2nd - $150

3rd - $75

4th - $50

Silver Champion - $75

Silver Runner-up - $25

Bronze Champion - $25

RAFFLE DRAWING:

In the afternoon, there will be a raffle drawing for various NFL, Tecmo, and Video game-related prizes available. Prices for the raffle tickets and the prizes available will be made available soon. 100% of the raffle prize money will be allocated towards the tournament winnings.

RULES:
1. Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (b) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.
2. “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Cardinals-Falcons, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.
3. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
4. WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
5. No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in each OT period, the kicking team in the first OT will be the receiving team in the new game (i.e. the second OT).
6. Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
7. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
8. Take care of the bar staff!

Previous Results:

Tupa Bowl I: 1st - Matt Miller           2nd - Ryan Stewart  

Tupa Bowl II: 1st - Matt Miller          2nd - Francis Buennagel     Silver Winner - Chris Hendershot        Bronze Winner - Roger DeVore

Edited by kevincabarello

On Fri Apr 28 2017 at 0:07 PM, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

Dawn and I are gonna make a weekend of this. She said she had a lot of fun last year. She's weird.

Post-tournament Dirty Frank's and 16-bit Arcade last year was awesome. Maybe we'll make it Tatoheads and Old North Arcade this year. Dawn rules.

• DFM pinned this topic

We've got more raffle prizes!

The awesome people behind Tecmo Cleveland       have graciously offered a FREE entry to their tournament on Saturday, August 5th! Check out their website and sign up if you haven't already!

How about a $20 gift card to The Warp Zone? Right down the street from the tournament site in Hilliard, OH, they carry lots of modern and retro games, and are the biggest retro import game store I've ever seen!

How about a $20 gift card to Play It! With five locations in Columbus, they have a great selection of new and used games, as well as a great collection of retro game systems!

More to come!

My thanks goes Out @kevincabarello + Crew  for Running an Great Tecmo Tournament. It was good to see players Like Derek R. (he has 18 world records in video games by the way ), @OL' Dirty Tecmo , @The Ultimate Weapon, @Jim Socks 13 @Woodshed @mort1237 Sorry we could not party afterwards we had get back to my cousins house.

The tourney started with Great "He Picked up SweeP + He Picked Down Sweep" Song from Jim Socks and Woodshed. There best performance. I'll insert the link.

1st Me @red98sethuthut ( I really think i played good plus i caught some big breaks vs Mort and Diaz. #HumblePie

@OL' Dirty Tecmo

3rd I think Ryan Mckay??? won the 3rd place game after i survived an OT game vs him. between him and Jim socks both are really improved.

Tourney MVP Stephone Paige was dirty 199 receiving yds in championship game. Goat Ickey Woods

Notes= Diaz OuTTapped me most of the time in both games. An #OHNoIckey2 Fumble by Ickey woods vs @mort1237 gave me a 14pt lead after half in the round of 8 in rams vs bengals match. Then both me ryan in Sd/Det ran wild 4 2ooyds piece rushing but i won in OT. #LongLiveTecmo

Screenshot_20170625-222210.png

Screenshot_20170624-175429.jpg

Screenshot_20170624-091421.jpg

20170624_153047.jpg

Edited by red98sethuthut

18 hours ago, red98sethuthut said:

My thanks goes Out @kevincabarello + Crew  for Running an Great Tecmo Tournament. It was good to see players Like Derek R. (he has 18 world records in video games by the way ), @OL' Dirty Tecmo , @The Ultimate Weapon, @Jim Socks 13 @Woodshed @mort1237 Sorry we could not party afterwards we had get back to my cousins house.

The tourney started with Great "He Picked up SweeP + He Picked Down Sweep" Song from Jim Socks and Woodshed. There best performance. I'll insert the link.

1st Me @red98sethuthut ( I really think i played good plus i caught some big breaks vs Mort and Diaz. #HumblePie

@OL' Dirty Tecmo

3rd I think Ryan Mckay??? won the 3rd place game after i survived an OT game vs him. between him and Jim socks both are really improved.

Tourney MVP Stephone Paige was dirty 199 receiving yds in championship game. Goat Ickey Woods

Notes= Diaz OuTTapped me most of the time in both games. An #OHNoIckey2 Fumble by Ickey woods vs @mort1237 gave me a 14pt lead after half in the round of 8 in rams vs bengals match. Then both me ryan in Sd/Det ran wild 4 2ooyds piece rushing but i won in OT. #LongLiveTecmo

Screenshot_20170625-222210.png

Screenshot_20170624-175429.jpg

Screenshot_20170624-091421.jpg

20170624_153047.jpg

Love the care that went into the jam

5 hours ago, TecmoCleveland said:

I am certain @kevincabarello already registered straight up, so I'll defer to him in this case then and who wants the reg

Cool. I'm sure he'll want me to try my best to get up there... ya know, because having me around is such a pleasure for all =P

Wife and I are working on the date and should know something soonly.