WHAT: Tecmo Columbus - TUPA BOWL IV - Tecmo Super Bowl (NES) Tournament
WHEN: Saturday, May 19th, 2018 (Doors Open at 10am, Tournament Games begin at 11am)
WHERE: Grandad's Pizza and Pub - 4093 Trueman Blvd Hilliard OH 43215
BUY-IN: $25. Buy-in Includes a Tournament T-Shirt (Register by April 20th to Guarantee Shirt Size)
REGISTRATION: Located in the "Registration" tab on the TecmoColumbus.com website. Fill out the form as well as clicking the "Buy Now" button located just below the form. Registrations are considered incomplete without both the form and the payment completed. This is to help tournament administrators determine the number of entrants, t-shirt sizes, group pairings, payouts, etc.
RULES: Madison Rules - Madison Rules
FORMAT: (subject to change)
Participants will be placed into either four or five-man round robin groups. Groups will be determined based on their skill level chosen on the registration form page.
Participants will be seeded based on their win-loss record and point differential from their round robin games. There will be play-in games that will determine who makes a double-elimination bracket for top cash prizes, and a single-elimination consolation bracket for smaller cash prizes (tournament brackets based on the number of participants).
PRIZES: (subject to change)
1st - $300
2nd - $150
3rd - $75
4th - $50
5th-8th - $25
Consolation Bracket Winner - $50
We will also be raffling off various football and video game memorabilia, with all $$$ going towards the prize pool.
(i.e. 100% payout, boys and girls!)
LIVE STREAM: twitch.tv/kevincabarello
A friend sent this tournament to me. It is the original Tecmo Bowl so I probably won't be attending but thought I'd share.
Nice prizes for the winner (32" Smart TV & NES Classic). You can read about it/sign up here:
TECMO COLUMBUS: TUPA BOWL II
WHEN: Saturday, May 14th, 2016
Registration - 10:00am Opening Festivities - 10:30am
WHERE: Grandad's Pizza and Pub 4093 Trueman Blvd Hilliard, OH 43026
ENTRY FEE: $20 via PayPal or at the door
HOW TO ENTER: Email email@example.com with a list of:
Name (and nickname if you'd like)
Equipment you can bring (TVs, NES, Tecmo Cartridges, Controllers)
Also Register at TecmoColumbus.com
(The first 32 that register are automatically entered in the main tournament)
Group Play - Four 8-man double-elimination tournaments (group play) will be put together and seeded 1-8 by the tournament directors.
Tournament Play - The eight competitors that lose their first two matches in group play will be put in an 8-man single-elimination bracket (Bronze Bracket)
The 16 competitors that do not begin the day 0-2, but lose two matches in group play will be placed in a single-elimination bracket, based on when they are eliminated from their groups. (Silver Bracket)
The 8 competitors that do not lose twice in group play (3-0 record and either a 3-1 or 4-1 record) will advance to an 8-man double elimination bracket (Gold Bracket)
PARTICIPANTS: (MAX 32)
1. Kevin C. (KevinCabarello) - Columbus, OH PAID 6 TVs, 4 Systems
2. David T. (DT) - Buffalo, NY
3. Ryan S. (ryan11p) - Hobart, IN
4. Matt D. (Ol' Dirty Tecmo) - Lebanon, OH PAID 2 TSB Copies
5. Chris H. (tecmo_ninja) - Streetsboro, OH PAID 1 TV
6. Nate B. (NateDog) - Columbus, OH PAID
7. Gavin K. - Columbus, OH PAID
8. Phil C. - Columbus, OH PAID
9. Louis B. (red98sethuthut) - Cheektowaga, NY 2 Systems
10. Jordan W. (Woodshed) - Jackson, OH PAID 2 TVs, 2 Systems
11. Jimmy P. (JimSocks) - Oak Hill, OH PAID
12. Bryan F. - Indianapolis, IN PAID
13. Shane B. - Hilliard, OH PAID
14. Jeff L. (Kilroy) - Columbus, OH PAID
15. Rex M. - Columbus, OH PAID
16. Brian L. - Columbus, OH PAID
17. Brian P. - Canton, OH PAID 1 TV, 1 System
18. Scott V - Columbus, OH
19. Bill S. (QB Browns8) - Columbus, OH
20. Josh M. - Columbus, OH
21. Chris B. - Columbus, OH PAID 2 TVs, 2 Systems
22. Francis B. (mort1237) - Maywood, IL PAID
23. Matt M. (ones11fahzu) - Mishawaka, IN PAID
24. Scott G. - Blacklick, OH PAID
25. Roger D. - Columbus, OH PAID
26. Jon M. - Columbus, OH PAID
27. J. Rivera - Columbus, OH
PRIZES: 1st Place $300
2nd Place $150
3rd Place $75
4th Place $50
Silver Bracket Champion $75
Silver Bracket 2nd Place $25
Bronze Bracket Champion $25
RAFFLE PRIZES: About half-way through the tournament, we will be raffling off some fun items. Raffle ticket pricing is $1/1, $5,6, $10/15, and $20/35.
The prizes will be given on a first-come first-serve basis. Some of the prizes are (pictures to come):
Super Bowl XXV T-shirt
Super Bowl XXV Glass Beer Mug
Ickey Woods "Every Day I'm Shufflin" T-Shirt
Cleveland Browns Bernie Kosar Jersey
Jim Kelly Autographed Football
David Fulcher Bobblehead
Cincinnati Bengals Ickey Woods Jersey
Tecmo Super Bowl (Famicom Complete In Box)
"Living on the Edge" Hardback Book (commonly referred to as, 'The Book of LT'
Super Bowl XXV Hat
1. Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (b) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.
2. “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Cardinals-Falcons, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.
3. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
4. WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
5. No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in each OT period, the kicking team in the first OT will be the receiving team in the new game (i.e. the second OT).
6. Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
7. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
8. Take care of the bar staff!
To aid in the smoothness and flow of the tournament, it is greatly appreciated when NES consoles, controllers, CRT TVs, adapters, etc. are provided. If you can help out in this way, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org I will list what you are bringing in the participants list above. If you don't see your name on the participants list and have paid, contact me; I am busy, but try not to be negligent.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.