LB1 + DL1

LB2 + DL2

LB3 + DL3

LB4 + K/P

DB1 + DB4

DB2 + DB3

13 rounds

locked positions optional :)

Note: players like Earnest Givens and Ricky Sanders would be WRs that take up a RB slot.

Edited by vikingmoe02

Qb

rb

rb

wr

wr

te

oline/k/p

backups

draft all D as individuals

3 dlineman

4 lbs

4 dbs

19 rounds.   I know that sounds like a lot of drafting but would make the draft tougher I think. Maybe shorten the time between picks to 5 or 10 minutes to speed this up.

Jeff

23 minutes ago, stalltalk said:

1 round team draft. 

Draft order by last three seasons win/loss record. 

Perfect.

I hate drafting. Mostly because I suck at drafting......and I suck at Tecmo. But honestly I just don't have the time throughout the day to look at a Doc from my phone  (which sucks), I could leave a list but I'd rather see what's up available before drafting. Plus I get busy at work and totally forget about my time slot and make my pick 5+ picks later.  I'm not quite sure I'll be returning. More talented guys like regulator would be more competitive than I would anyway. 

Edited by suicideking81

I'll just say this in general.

1. I don't like pairing a QB1 with something else. The high end and even second tier QB1's are already uber valuable and don't need a bonus player (even a bad one) paired with them IMO

2. Drafting individual players is a cool idea in theory, but most people don't care enough to take the extra time to do that. It would also be pain staking for the mods. I think you single out the premium positions and tandem the rest.

3. We've entertained and used some pretty creative draft ideas recently, but I think we are ready to go back to a more traditional HSTL style draft for at least a little while.

JMO

On 4/26/2017 at 11:17 AM, stalltalk said:

1 round team draft.

Draft order by last three seasons win/loss record. 

While I rarely ever play online, and have never participated in an online league, I have in the past contemplated some different format ideas.

An idea I have once considered, similar to stalltalk's, is a draft that would unfortunately necessitate a two season commitment from league members: you seed the league members, in this example, from one to 28. Then members each choose one roster for their second season, but their choice is countered by an assigned team for the first season. The assigned team is the team selected by another league member by reversing the draft order (first selection pairs with the 28th, two with 27, three with 26, etc., etc.)...

In our example, we will say that 'stalltalk' chooses the Giants will the first pick; 'Jebigred' takes the 49ers second; and 'vikingmoe' selects the Vikings third. Then, at the tail end of this draft, we'll say 'suicideking81' lands the Packers at 26; with the 27th pick we will say that I grab the Patriots; and with the final choice 'hoffnasty9' winds up with the Colts.

Meaning in season one of two, 'hoffnasty9' gets the Giants, and then in year two does his purgatory with the Colts:

Season A:

IND -stalltalk

N.E -Jebigred

G.B -vikingmoe

MIN -suicideking81

S.F - Lurch

GIA - hoffnasty9

(et cetera)

Season B:

GIA -stalltalk

S.F -Jebigred

MIN -vikingmoe

G.B -suicideking81

N.E -Lurch

IND- hoffnasty9

(et cetera)

Plenty of different ways to interpret and to even alter such ideas, but I thought I'd pass the general premise along. Have fun, folks.