Help with hacks

CoachMac

I am also having issues with the punt return hack.

Sometimes the punt is not fielded  and bounds around aimlessly freezing the game.

All my Punt Returners are 25 MS or faster which should be fast enough.

Any Ideas, what is going on?

dude CoachMac, proper forum etiquette is to either start another thread or go to the relevant hack threads and ask about your bugs.  

this here thread is for global listing of hacks....just trying to keep it clean.

Edited by buck

On 1/22/2017 at 8:26 PM, SBlueman said:

Please feel free to post and share in this thread if you'd like to add any commands or add verification or corrections. This list is also open to any ideas and suggestions to make this a good resource to use. 

5 hours ago, buck said:

dude CoachMac, proper forum etiquette is to either start another thread or go to the relevant hack threads and ask about your bugs.  

this here thread is for global listing of hacks....just trying to keep it clean.

I really don't want to get down in the weeds and completely hijack this thread but if you read the OP.  He asked for verification, corrections, and suggestions. 

I also think the last thing this needs is another thread.  I was impressed by this thread because of the way that it consolidated so much information.

the thing is - are you totally sure that you applied the (said) hacks to a virgin ROM and getting your bugs?  

because there is a good chance that if you are using somebody else's rom (like carther's, for instance) it is already hacked up beyond belief.  and it is up to you to conclude if there are any conflicts of interests with the hackage.  in this case, you would not be pointing out a "mis-verification" (as requested), you would just be pointing out some random problem that you are having.

so, I guess I am assuming that you are doing the latter.  excuse me if I am wrong and you have verified a problem for a posted hack on a virgin rom.

6 hours ago, CoachMac said:

I am also having issues with the punt return hack.

Sometimes the punt is not fielded  and bounds around aimlessly freezing the game.

All my Punt Returners are 25 MS or faster which should be fast enough.

Any Ideas, what is going on?

Are you using other hacks? Sounds like you placing hacks in the same space and they are overwriting each other. Started a thread and give more details.

2 hours ago, buck said:

the thing is - are you totally sure that you applied the (said) hacks to a virgin ROM and getting your bugs?  

because there is a good chance that if you are using somebody else's rom (like carther's, for instance) it is already hacked up beyond belief.  and it is up to you to conclude if there are any conflicts of interests with the hackage.  in this case, you would not be pointing out a "mis-verification" (as requested), you would just be pointing out some random problem that you are having.

so, I guess I am assuming that you are doing the latter.  excuse me if I am wrong and you have verified a problem for a posted hack on a virgin rom.

I compared the rom I am using to Carthers and the original tpc. 

It is not "hacked up".   Looks clean from a quick check outside of helmets and things like 1972 instead of 1991.

FYI it is a 1972 rom that though the helmets are not 100% accurate they give a nice retro feel.

2 hours ago, davefmurray said:

Are you using other hacks? Sounds like you placing hacks in the same space and they are overwriting each other. Started a thread and give more details.

Checked this.  Not the issue.

I am only using 4 Hacks. 

All from the OP in this thread.

Kick returner speed, Punt returner speed. Better INT returns, and Touchbacks.

No conflicts.

However, Carther used the same Hacks and I am not seeing the same thing in his roms.

In his roms Touchbacks is a perfect match to what is posted here.

Punt returner and Kick returner match the Original clean rom so he must have accomplished this differently.

Interception return has different info from what is here and the clean rom.

1 hour ago, bruddog said:

One of the punt return hacks changes the punt returners speed to the actual player too soon and sometimes the player is not fast enough to get back to the ball. 

This looks right.  Is there another one?  I read about using SS quickness.  Is that better?

I think I have a work around with this one..  Not perfect, But....

Anyway, sorry if I am in the wrong place.  I really don't understand this strange internet world, but I appreciate the thoughtful comments.

Stand by for the rom.....In a new thread.:-D

Edited by CoachMac
update

ok, so you are not using Carther's - you are starting a brand new one?

9 hours ago, CoachMac said:

I am only using 4 Hacks. 

All from the OP in this thread.

Kick returner speed, Punt returner speed. Better INT returns, and Touchbacks.

No conflicts.

Now, to be complete, post the code (starting addresses and code) for each of those hacks that you used, here.  Because, there are different ways to do some of those hacks and there are some variations -  maybe you've discovered a lethal mixture.

12 hours ago, buck said:

ok, so you are not using Carther's - you are starting a brand new one?

Now, to be complete, post the code (starting addresses and code) for each of those hacks that you used, here.  Because, there are different ways to do some of those hacks and there are some variations -  maybe you've discovered a lethal mixture.

I started with the 1972 Rom made by Denny/Elway???

I scoured it and it looks to have none of the most common gameplay hacks.

I also scoured Carthers Roms.

Here are the ones I was using.

INT Returns (0xBFC5, 0xF720E100E00AE208E304F608E4DFFEFF)

Kick Returners Speed (0x08100, 0048ECF303EFE4DFFEFF)

Punt Returners Speed (0xAADD and enter B10000EFE4DFFEFF)

Touchbacks (0x2411C,0x205790) (0x248A4,0x207090)

The main issue was that INT Hack made them crazy fast like ridiculous.

Carther in his 1966 had used the one later said to be inaccurate.

So that confuses me.

23 hours ago, bruddog said:

I found at least one incorrect set command. I'm sure this is due to trying to do compares as some of the roms may not have been only modified with one thing. The

Th int return hack has: SET(0xbfb5,0xe3fcfcffe031fefae3fcfcffe030fe)

It should be SET (0xBFC5, 0xF720E100E00AE208E304F608E4DFFEFF)

The other problem was endless fumbles on kicks.

I looked into what Bruddog said about returners being fast enough but no matter how fast I made them I got the endless fumbles.

Mostly on Punts.

Not every time, but to often.

I have decided to just eliminate all of these.

Touchbacks is no big deal.

I am making the RT speed accurate to KR for each team.  Most will just get a generic 25 or 31 and then Top Returners will get 44 or 50.

I am doing the same thing with the SS for Punt Returners.

Interceptions I will just live with it.

The other thing I have done is apply an IPS Patch that gives me the 5 team Playoff but that has created no issues.

I can live without the Hacks.

Thanks for your help and hopefully I am now posting with acceptable etiquette for you.:-D

Edited by CoachMac