Avon Lake, OH - 08/05/17 - Tecmo Cleveland

EVENT: Tecmo Cleveland
WHEN: Saturday, August 5, 2017, doors open 10:00AM
WHERE: American Legion Post 211 
31972 Walker Rd, Avon Lake, OH
COST: $35.00
WHAT: Registration includes admission to tournament, Tecmo Cleveland custom T-shirt - designed by 8 Bit apparel, Tecmo Cleveland Lanyard, and additional swag. 
PRIZES: Grand Prize is $500, Runner Up is $200***
SPOTS AVAILABLE: 76 total, registration is currently open and filling up
WHAT ELSE: We will also have additional game stations, vendors and an arcade onsite provided by John Salter's Full Blast Arcade - the arcade will have games like NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, fighting games and more. There will also be a full bar onsite and food provided by our great friends at American Legion Post 21

***Based on registration

I reached out to someone at Tecmo Madison a little over a month ago and asked for some advice and they were glad to help. 

We've also adapted some of our rules to Tecmo Madison's rules, to create consistency in the Tecmo Community for players. The knowledge base you guys have put together has been a big help. Thanks again. 

The details are as follows: 

EVENT: Tecmo Cleveland

WHEN: Saturday, August 5, 2017, doors open 10:00AM

WHERE: American Legion Post 211 

31972 Walker Rd, Avon Lake, OH

COST: $35.00

WHAT: Registration includes admission to tournament, Tecmo Cleveland custom T-shirt - designed by 8 Bit apparel, Tecmo Cleveland Lanyard, and additional swag. 

PRIZES: Grand Prize is $500, Runner Up is $200

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 76 total, registration is currently open and filling up

WHAT ELSE: We will also have additional game stations, vendors and an arcade onsite provided by John Salter's Full Blast Arcade - the arcade will have games like NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, fighting games and more. There will also be a full bar onsite and food provided by our great friends at American Legion Post 211. 

Hope to see some of you guys there!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LincolnHawk said:

I should be coming to this, I will know by the end of the week. I may make it a trip with the wife and kids. Recommendations on stuff to do? I have three daughters, 11, 10 and 9.

Awesome! Not sure if you are from the Cleveland area or not - doesn't sound like it, but it's super fun and tons to do. I have a 2.5 year old but nieces and nephews around the same ages as your daughters. Some starters would be the Cleveland Zoo - which is seriously fantastic. I've been to San Diego and others across the US and ours stacks up very well. The Cleveland Museum of Natural History is also incredible for kids as well - we just took our son 3 weeks ago and they have a new outdoor area to walk through a canopy for kids. The food here is amazing too - tons to do in the local area and downtown as well. You could definitely go down to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland as well as the parks down by Rock Hall are gorgeous as well. You can also go out on the water Friday or Sunday on one of the chartered boat tours as well - they are fun for kids and they get to see the city from the Lake. 

There are also two newly renovated hotels nearby Tecmo Cleveland, one is a Holiday In Express with an indoor pool which just opened a few months ago: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/westlake/clelw/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-USA-_-CLELW

There's also the brand new renovated Double Tree: 

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ohio/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-cleveland-westlake-CLECRDT/index.html

And a Extended Stay America: 

https://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/oh/cleveland/westlake

All within 10 - 15 minutes from Tecmo Cleveland and 20 minutes from downtown Cleveland and all the great things to do. I'll also post more on the main page/thread for those coming in from out of town too. Hope to see you then!

• DFM changed the title to Avon Lake, OH - 08/05/17 - Tecmo Cleveland
  • DFM pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone else is local we'll also be doing so promo events for Tecmo Cleveland in the next few weeks as follows: 

Ohio Beer Garden - on May 23rd - Felix Wright (DB Browns) will be in attendance

Happy Dog - date TBD

Side Quest - date TBD

The event is really picking up steam and registrations are starting to come in - so if you are thinking about registering, I'd definitely get on it soon. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Lower the Boom said:

Hello- Are there more details on the event on the 23rd?  I.e. what time, is there pre-registration required, etc?

Thanks

The event on the 23rd will be at the Ohio Beer Garden in North Olmsted, OH - it will be around 7:00pm - pre-registration not required. First place will win a free registration for Tecmo Cleveland - we will be launching all marketing/promos with Ohio Beer Garden on Monday/Tuesday next week - hope to see you there

If you are local we'll be doing spin-up events, confirmed as follows, and we'll have prizes for entries to the official Tecmo Cleveland event on August 5, 2017 - support our big event, and our big sponsors! Plus, it's free to register for these events and to get some practice in, plus we can talk tecmo all night. 

May 23rd @ Ohio Beer Garden (North Olmsted, OH) 

May 24th @ SideQuest (Lakewood, OH) 

June 29th @ Happy Dog (Cleveland, OH)

There is pre-registration for the event at Ohio Beer Garden here: https://www.tecmocleveland.com/ohiobeergarden 

Additional update - currently we are at 20 registrants and are hoping to be at 40 within the next few weeks/by mid-June with other events we have lined up as well. Also Felix Wright (Browns DB 85 - 90) is confirmed for our first appearance at Ohio Beer Garden next Monday. I'll publish registration list today hopefully. Hope to see you guys there!

19 minutes ago, regulator088 said:

A thought..... I would attend if I wasn't already going to Tecmo Dallas. We should all do better to not schedule multiple tournies on the same day.

No worries - I did check TecmoBowl.org before selecting a date with our location/vendors for Tecmo Cleveland in March and I didn't see anything at the time, but I wholeheartedly agree.  I agree with your statement of course because I want to try to attend as many as well also! Definitely agree though!

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 0:29 PM, regulator088 said:

A thought..... I would attend if I wasn't already going to Tecmo Dallas. We should all do better to not schedule multiple tournies on the same day.

Just use instantaneous movement. Play in both.

Screenshot_20170523-183654.jpg

Edited by red98sethuthut

More events posted now and more to follow - each carries an opportunity to win a free entry to Tecmo Cleveland - provided by our awesome sponsors: 

June 14th - Ohio Beer Garden (North Olmsted, OH) - the return at the OBG! First place wins a free entry to Tecmo Cleveland - tournament will start around 7pm!

June 28th - the Side Quest (Lakewood, OH)

June 29th - Happy Dog (Cleveland, OH) - co-sponsored by Games Done Legit - tournament time start TBD

July 6th - Hofbrauhaus Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)

July 20th - Hofbrahaus Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)

Hope to see more of you guys come on out! We had 10 at our last OBG tournament and other 10 at the Side Quest!

Edited by TecmoCleveland

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder - we'll be up at Ohio Beer Garden this Wednesday, June 14th for a mini-tecmo tournament/gameplay - winner gets a FREE ENTRY to Tecmo Cleveland ($35.00) - provided by Ohio Beer Garden. We'll start around 7:00pm - pre-register for free at www.tecmocleveland.com/ohiobeergarden or just show up!

http://www.ohiobeergarden.com/

Have a great week!

Edited by TecmoCleveland