Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run 2016

Baron von Lector

Unless you follow me on Twitter (@BaronVonLector) or Facebook (Facebook.com/BaronROMs), I've been somewhat silent regarding my new project.  Using a hex-calculator that I wrote, I'm gutting Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run for the SNES and creating Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run 2016.  Yes, it's a year behind, but there are two reasons for it: (1) Griffey was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2016, so 2016 is appropriate, and (2) I was eager to start this ROM and didn't want to wait until the start of the season to finalize rosters.

All 30 MLB teams are included, including Arizona and Tampa (even though they are hidden/unlockable).  I've been working on this project for approximately two weeks now, and as of writing this I have 24/30 teams complete (not including the team status screens).

Unlike the original Ken Griffey Presents 2015 and 2016 ROMs, the All-Star teams and all ten participants in the Home Run Derby will be updated, as well.  If all goes as planned (and I feel that it will), this will be the most complete baseball ROM update ever!

This ROM features full-season stat-tracking for all teams and player trading which is something that was not present in the original version of Ken Griffey Presents.  As a Yankee fan I am stoked at the idea of bringing Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, and Chien-Ming Wang back to New York.

To avoid congesting the forums with constant updates, follow me on Twitter and Facebook for up-to-date progress reports or sign up at Patreon.com/BaronGaming for beta access to the ROM as I work on it.  Like all previous ROMs, I will upload the completed product to TB.org when it's complete.

KGJrWR2016.png

calc.png

giants.png

yankees.png

All Star AL Bat.png

All Star NL Pitch.png

arod.png

era.png

HRDERBY.png

MIKETROUT.png

NYLA.png

ORTIZ.png