Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oklahoma

DOME PATROL

3 posts in this topic

1981 1.6 Rickey Jackson drafted and hits big to start the fire

1982 1.3 Sam Mills (Via TB for the coveted 1983 1.0) This is where the seed got planted... everyone was looking to deal for the Elway to Marino draft and I just see Mills waiting to get scooped up, Retro is all for the deal and it's official w/ half the members now in the bag I'm gonna try and complete the set. Side note 2 trades later I'm back in the 83 top 10 draft picks and still got Mills, who also hit big roll.

1983 no action involving dome patrol

1984 1.22 Vaughn Johnson (DET) and Nos wouldn't budge, who could blame a life long saints fan.. I had 2 late 1st round picks both hit max lines! LB Banks (who would gain in rookie season) and DL Millard, both have mega trade value).

1985 Vaughn Johnson acquired via trade (Bruce Sholtz + 3.0 to Packers for Eugene Marve, then Marve + 2.0 go to DET for VJ + 5.14) Here we go!! taking couple losses to get member #3 (only a 50/50 in tecmo attributes but well worth it)

1986 1.3 Pat Swilling  (1984 1.17 Carl Banks + 1.20 Keith Millard + 1986 1.0/2.0 + 1987 1.0 go to BUF for Swill + 1987 1.0/2.0) If Swill don't hit a 63 MS line or BUF doesn't get a top 4 pick in 87' I really took it on the chin in this one but hey Banks and Millard were huge late hits and one gained just waiting to be traded for Swill in this draft... odds are this deal could produce Woodson or the like in 87 as well, so a gamble is a gamble.

Somehow its official Dome Patrol will be laying down the law in Philly fall of 86'

dome patrol.png

Total side note that blew my mind. Philly has had FOUR yes 4, top 3 draft picks out of 6 drafts (not including inaugural draft 1980), also a 1.6 in 83', 1.17/1.20 (Banks/Millard), and a 1.22...  All while making 4/6 playoff appearances to boot! Big sacrifices have been made (Boomer, Ohenry, Banks, Millard and so on) all traded away.. So far though most of the gambles have paid off! Swill's roll, and Bartletti's Bills hold the key to PHL franchise/GMs past present and future.