The Ultimate Weapon

Northeast Ohio Tecmo Quarterly Meetup Group

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

When I was at the Detroit Kumite tournament last weekend, a number of players from the Cleveland area who I had never met before attended as well and we all had a great time!  Many of these guys already get together a few times a year to play casual Tecmo Super Bowl at various venues.  
 
I collected emails and some cell phone numbers for players that wanted to provide one.  This post is to see who would be interested in getting together potentially quarterly to play Tecmo Super Bowl and perhaps consider doing a Fantasy Football League in the fall for anyone who enjoys both Tecmo and Fantasy Football and lives in or near Northeast Ohio.
 
If this is something that interests you, please message me and provide your email address and cell phone number, as I will be creating a text distribution group in addition to the email distribution list once we finalize the initial details.  If you could also let me know ideas for places to meet, how many systems, cartridges, controllers and TVs you would be willing to share with the group, that would also be helpful.
 
The idea is to simply get a group of great guys together semi regularly who enjoy both Tecmo Super Bowl and NFL football.
 
Thanks in advance for your consideration.  More to follow after I collect everyone's thoughts and responses.
Edited by The Ultimate Weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I a bit far to make the meet-ups, but if there will be a journal Northeast Tecmo Quarterly I will probably take a subscription.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Below are the details of our first Northeast Ohio Tecmo Meetup:

 

Who: First 16 guys to respond

What: Tecmo Super Bowl

When: Sat, May 6th, 12-5pm

Where: Italian Garden Restaurant 10511 Main Street, Mantua, OH 44255

 

Cost: $20,

 

Payouts with 16 participants:

1st: $160

2nd: $80

3rd: $40

4th: $20

 

Confirmed participants:

01. Ryan M.

02. Chris H.

03. Jason A.

04. Cliff P.

05. Steve R.

06. Clarence J.

07. John C.

08. Jon R.

09. Louis B.

10. Francis B.

11. Tom J.

12. 

13. 

14. 

15. 

16. 

 

Please let me know if you are able to bring any of the following:

-TVs

-NES Systems

-NES Controllers

-Tecmo Super Bowl Carts

-Extension cords

-Power Strips

 

If if you are able to bring any of the above items, please come 30-45 minutes early to help setup.

 

Format will be informal, decided the day of the event and depend on number of participants and systems available.

 

Most likely it will be some variant of the Detroit Kumite rules (TBD):

-Players with like records play each other for a few rounds

-Everyone advances to the bracket with a draft format excluding SF, NYG, BUF & HOU.   -Draft order based on records

 

This format allows everyone to play a lot of meaningful games and is extremely fair and laid back

 

Participants are welcome and encouraged to order from the menu and BYOB. I have eaten there a number of times and everything is great - the dough is homemade every day and they make awesome pizza (I also love the JoJos) below is a link to the menu. Hope to see you there!

 

https://www.orderstart.com/mobile/italiangarden#menuPage

 

 

Edited by The Ultimate Weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI - saw you guys and this thread, and that we're also from Northeast Ohio - I actually live in North Ridgeville and have been organizing one of the biggest Tecmo events in the area for awhile and just published this externally last week for open registration: 

 

I may come to your event too if it is open!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently moved to the Cleveland area for work related reasons.  Would be glad to come to this meetup as well as tecmo cleveland.  Will send you my info shortly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TecmoCleveland said:

FYI - saw you guys and this thread, and that we're also from Northeast Ohio - I actually live in North Ridgeville and have been organizing one of the biggest Tecmo events in the area for awhile and just published this externally last week for open registration: 

 

I may come to your event too if it is open!

Hey man would love to have you join us! Please private message me with your name and email and I will add you to the confirmed list.  I would love to attend your event as well and excited someone wanta to throw a big Cleveland tournament.  I have a family member who told my wife and I to tentatively to reserve that date for a wedding but if anything changes I will sign up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheRook said:

I recently moved to the Cleveland area for work related reasons.  Would be glad to come to this meetup as well as tecmo cleveland.  Will send you my info shortly

That's awesome man would love to have you join us!  I replied to your PM - please let me know if you have any questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Update: a majority of the guys wanted to have an entry fee and payout so we will charge $20.

It will be well worth it.  We guarantee the following: 

 

- At least 4 rounds of preliminary seeding where players with like records face off each round

- A single or double elimination bracket where teams will be drafted based on seeding

- (SF, GIA, BUF, HOU excluded from the draft)

- If you win in the bracket round you can keep your team or swap teams with your opponent

- Payouts to the top 4 finishers ($160. $80, $40, $20 if we get 16 guys)

 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by The Ultimate Weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 9:14 PM, The Ultimate Weapon said:

Hey man would love to have you join us! Please private message me with your name and email and I will add you to the confirmed list.  I would love to attend your event as well and excited someone wanta to throw a big Cleveland tournament.  I have a family member who told my wife and I to tentatively to reserve that date for a wedding but if anything changes I will sign up.

I'll be out of town April 29 like I said - but let me know if you have another date over the summer and I am totally in. 100%. Big family trip planned to Disney! 

Be sure to spread the word about the tourny as well at your event! Thanks! Tecmo Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign me up. 1nes sytsem 2 carts. 2 controllers. Down 4 lil Sports talk baseball too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be changing the date to the following Saturday, May 6th - due to a scheduling conflict with the venue.  All other details will remain the same. I will reach out to everyone who previously registered to make sure they are aware and will retain their spot unless they tell me otherwise.  If you haven't registered and May 6th works for you, we would love to have you join us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Ultimate Weapon said:

We will be changing the date to the following Saturday, May 6th - due to a scheduling conflict with the venue.  All other details will remain the same. I will reach out to everyone who previously registered to make sure they are aware and will retain their spot unless they tell me otherwise.  If you haven't registered and May 6th works for you, we would love to have you join us!

 

Still space to attend on May 6th? I'd love to be in if there is! I will be back in town that date and it's also my birthday! w00t! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, i've obviously got plenty of games, tvs, and systems - so i can help out - i think i've got 8 copies of TSB and 5 consoles for Tecmo Cleveland - so happy to help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 2:52 PM, TheRook said:

I recently moved to the Cleveland area for work related reasons.  Would be glad to come to this meetup as well as tecmo cleveland.  Will send you my info shortly

 

Hit me up if you have any questions about Tecmo Cleveland - hope to see you there too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, TecmoCleveland said:

 

Still space to attend on May 6th? I'd love to be in if there is! I will be back in town that date and it's also my birthday! w00t! 

Absolutely! Please PM me with your name and contact info (email and/or cell) and I will add you to the list. We would love to have you join us and hopefully this can be a spring board for Tecmo Cleveland :) Any equipment you are able to bring would be a huge help as well.

Edited by The Ultimate Weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Ultimate Weapon said:

Absolutely! Please PM me with your name and contact info (email and/or cell) and I will add you to the list. We would love to have you join us and hopefully this can be a spring board for Tecmo Cleveland :) Any equipment you are able to bring would be a huge help as well.

 

Just sent you a DM. Glad to help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2017 at 9:31 PM, The Ultimate Weapon said:

Update: a majority of the guys wanted to have an entry fee and payout so we will charge $20.

It will be well worth it.  We guarantee the following: 

 

- At least 4 rounds of preliminary seeding where players with like records face off each round

- A single or double elimination bracket where teams will be drafted based on seeding

- (SF, GIA, BUF, HOU excluded from the draft)

- If you win in the bracket round you can keep your team or swap teams with your opponent

- Payouts to the top 4 finishers ($160. $80, $40, $20 if we get 16 guys)

 

Let me know if you have any questions.

 

Can you explain exactly what you mean here?  I'm a little confused.  Can you give an example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheRook said:

 

Can you explain exactly what you mean here?  I'm a little confused.  Can you give an example?

Sure! In round one all matchups are random... round 2 people with 1-0 records and 0-1 play each other... round 3 2-0 play each other 1-1, 0-2, etc.  After 4 rounds, everyone makes the bracket but draft position is determined by overall record then point differential.

 

This allows players of similar skill to face off and everyone gets a lot of meaningful games. This will be similar to the Detroit Kumite rules.

 

Let me know of you have any other questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By noonan
      Iowa Tecmo 4
      November 11th, 2017, 12:00pm CST
      The Keg Stand
      3530 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50266
      https://www.facebook.com/thekegstand
       
      Past Champions:
      2016 - Kyle N. (thegamer1185)
      2014 - Ira M.
      2013 - Jeremy S (Hawkeye98)
       
      Veterans receive FREE entry into the event.  Likely $20 for all other participants.
      More details to follow.
    • By The Ultimate Weapon
      I wanted to put this in a seperate thread in case anyone missed it and so it could be pinned as a tournament.
       
      Below are the details of our Northeast Ohio Tecmo Meetup:
       
      Who: First 16 guys to respond
      What: Tecmo Super Bowl
      When: Sat, May 6th, 12-5pm
      Where: Italian Garden Restaurant 10511 Main Street, Mantua, OH 44255
       
      Cost: $20
       
      Payouts with 16 participants:
      1st: $160
      2nd: $80
      3rd: $40
      4th: $20
       
      Confirmed participants:
      01. Ryan M.
      02. Chris H.
      03. Jason A.
      04. Cliff P.
      05. Steve R.
      06. Clarence J.
      07. John C.
      08. Jon R.
      09. Louis B.
      10. Francis B.
      11. Tom J.
      12. 
      13. 
      14. 
      15. 
      16. 
       
      Please let me know if you are able to bring any of the following:
      -TVs
      -NES Systems
      -NES Controllers
      -Tecmo Super Bowl Carts
      -Extension cords
      -Power Strips
       
      If if you are able to bring any of the above items, please come 30-45 minutes early to help setup.
      Format will be informal, decided the day of the event and depend on number of participants and systems available.
       
      We guarantee the following: 
      - At least 4 rounds of preliminary seeding where players with like records face off each round
      - A single or double elimination bracket where teams will be drafted based on seeding
      - (SF, GIA, BUF, HOU excluded from the draft)
      - If you win in the bracket round you can keep your team or swap teams with your opponent
      - Payouts to the top 4 finishers ($160. $80, $40, $20 if we get 16 guys)
       
      This format allows everyone to play a lot of meaningful games and is extremely fair and laid back
       
      If time permits, we will also have a single or double elimination NFL Blitz 2000 side tournament on N64.
       
      Participants are welcome and encouraged to order from the menu and BYOB. I have eaten there a number of times and everything is great - the dough is homemade every day and they make awesome pizza (I also love the JoJos) below is a link to the menu. Hope to see you there!
       
      https://www.orderstart.com/mobile/italiangarden#menuPage
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.