Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bruddog
      Background: The original game flickers(makes them disappear and reappear) sprites (players). This is due to a hardware limitation of the original NES that only allows 8 sprites per line. 

Hack added to this years rom:

1. Completely bypass the part of the game that does the sprite flickering

Why add this hack
      1. To make the game more visually easy on the eyes since there will be no more sprite flickering.  This will make streams look a bit better as well.
      2. There are no negative consequences to adding this hack. 

Why is the new version of nestopia needed?

1. Nestopia emulates the orignal NES hardware limitation of 8 spires per line but it has an option to allow for "unlimited sprites." However I originally failed to test
      that this option works in netplay. The old version of nestopia disabled unlimited sprites during netplay. If the unlimited sprites is disabled, players will completely disappear instead
      of just flickering since the flickering has been removed. The new version of nestopia fixes this problem. 

Where do I get the new version of nestopia?

*****DON'T DELETE ANY OF YOUR OLD NESTOPIA FILES. *******
      Simply copy and paste this version of nestopia into your folder. 

Will downloading the new version of nestopia cause any problems in any of my other leagues?

1. No 

What do I need to do in Nestopia?

Nothing

• By Tecmo man
      so we all know that pass accuracy in tecmo super bowl for the nes is useless but is it useful in the genesis or sees version?
    • By buck
      This is a virgin 28-team NES TSB ROM with one big change - 

all DEFENSIVE PLAYS have been changed to the respective "BLITZ" for every play.  So, when you play it, no matter what, the defense comes at you like they picked your play.  In addition, the OFFENSIVE PLAYS were changed to use the actual play that it would run when the defense picks the offenses play, like Pass 1 Pro T Screen for instance.

I went in and copied/pasted the "blitz" play for every play, so that every pick is a successful play-pick.  At the bottom of this post is a screenshot of the defensive bytes that were changed to the common blitz byte for every play variation.  

In this picture, you can see that the RUNS use a Blitz Byte of 5B, 53, 57, 5F, 8F, or 99.    Pass play Blitz Bytes are 5F, BB, DA, and 22...that's right, there are ONLY 4 variations to a Pass-Play blitz! 
      Also, in this picture, The top-left starts with the 8 variations of Run Slot 1, Play 1.  It continues (left to right, top to bottom), 8 plays for each slot, 8 variations of each play, down to the very last Pass Slot 4, Play 8.
      Now, changing the defense is NOT ENOUGH - because the offense has 8 possible variations for any given play - so I had to go in and change all of the offensive plays to run the variation that it uses when the defense picks the offenses respective play (sorry, no picture for this).

This ROM is made for the sole purpose of practicing responses to getting your play called!  (Note - this is mostly useful for practicing getting your Pass Play called.  
      Work on those timed taps!

Tecmo Super Bowl AllBlitzes.nes

Have fun.  

• By TheRaja
      Hey all!

A few months back I was able to complete my 4th Season of Tecmo Fantasy Owners (TFO). For those who may not know what TFO it is basically a hacked TSB league where "football owners" create their teams at the beginning of the season through an RPG like form (salary capped), and then during the season the CPU controls all the action. I post all the games through our YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/TFOFootball/playlists) over the 17 Week Season and 6 Week Post-Season. If you want more information on TFO check us our at our website (http://tfofootball.weebly.com/).

ANYWAY: so I am returning for SEASON FIVE on February 2017. I have some ideas and plans but wanted to see if any of you TecmoBowl.Org peeps have some ideas or hacks that would work in this format.

Currently the 2016 ROM is online here at TecmoBowl.Org. The file is attached below. It has the following hacks added to the game:
      --KR Glitch Fixed (now returns at player's speed) --PR Glitch Fixed (now returns at player's speed) --Pass Accuracy Glitch Fixed (Stat now works) --COM QB Intelligence (COM will attempt to throw to an 'open' receiver when passing) --Pass Defense Increased (Coverage increased on all pass plays - makes DEF select Pass Def on all Pass Plays) --End of 2nd/4th Field Goal (set to "> 25 seconds") --Punt Team Speed Reduction (Punt Team gets 1/2 speed boost from original TSB) --Run Playbook Swapped (Some plays in the Run Playbook are in different slots. Allows for 3 QB Sneaks, or 4 RB2 Runs)  
      So Im asking for your help and advice. What hacks or ideas should I add to make the game to make it "fairer" for the human players. Remember this is an all CPU League so the Owners are forced to watch and cannot control their players other than when they submit their roster.

Let me know what you guys think. I know some of my owners are "learning the system" and without making changes each year its easy for someone to continually dominate. I want to make it a fair and fun experience for all my players.

Let me know and SEE YOU NEXT TECMO!!!!

• By Fernando 49
      Coming next week...
      A little thing I've been working with...

Stay tuned!!!