TSB tournament - Langhorne, PA (Philly area) - March 18th, 2017

Hirsch

We are having a tournament on March 18th, 2017, in the Langhorne, PA (Suburb of Philadelphia) area. It will start at 5:00 PM. Will be capped at 30 entrants due to size constraints. 13 in already! Get back to me to let me know if you are interested  so I can reserve you a spot. Entry fee will be $25 pp, and will go towards pizza and the prize pool. This is a BYOB event. #housetourney

Edited by Hirsch

NOW USING 100% MADISON RULES!!!

We will be using a modified version of the Madison rules... http://tecmomadison.com/rules/

The major difference are rules 1 and 2 from Madison:

1. There will be two coin tosses before the game starts. Winner of the first toss can either pick their team, or pick their preferred controller, 1 or 2. The second toss will determine the reminder of the two (controller or team) that was not selected in the first toss. The "team" toss loser can pick any remaining team. The "controller toss" loser has to use the controller not selected by the "controller toss" winner. We will go over this again before the tourney starts.
If the "team" toss winner picks the team that the opponent really wanted, "handicapping deals" are allowed. For instance, if I wanted BUF, but the toss winner picked BUF, I can offer points to the opponent to get their team. If agreed upon, they give up BUF and select another team where they will be spotted the points agreed upon. *The tournament organizers have to be made aware of the deal before the game starts.
2: The are no limits on matchups. If two people play each other multiple times, the same teams can be used, if the toss and participants decide so.

Other rules are pretty much spot on.

Please let us know if there are questions or concerns.

There will be a prize for first, second and losers bracket winner.

Edited by Hirsch

I feel ya, guys. This format was voted upon and accepted. -At least for this time around. We'll consider adopting Madison rules 100% next time around.

I hate the Niners. I guess my response was biased. ;)

I won't be coming to Madison this time, but maybe next time? -Then, I'll take you up on the offer. ??

Edited by Hirsch

We're a week away!

Aren't there any contenders in this group, local to the Philly area, that want to join in the fun? -Let's see if you're as good as you think you are! 

Get in touch with me and let me know if you're interested. If nothing else, it'll be a fun, Nintendo filled Saturday night.

-Jeff

TecSpectre, I can guarantee you less than half the participants will use the Niners. I know most, if not all, of the guys signed up this time around. There'll be Raiders, Oilers, Eagles, Bills and Dolphins. -Maybe even others.

As mentioned prior, we will vote on using 100% Madison rules for next year.

You should come out and go over the Madison team selection, etc. rules so everyone understands. Then, we'll be more likely to get some votes to go that way next year. -I could use all the support I can get in this department.

Either way, it'll still be a good time.

Let me know; we'd love to have you join us.

-Jeff

Edited by Hirsch

@joeygats   I've never used Discord, but I did try. It says I need your four digit tag....?

Either way, it's a house tourney in Langhorne. The address is ----. Langhorne, PA 19047.

We'd be honored to have you at our tournament.

Please let me know if we should expect you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by Hirsch

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:01 PM, Hirsch said:

@joeygats   I've never used Discord, but I did try. It says I need your four digit tag....?

Either way, it's a house tourney in Langhorne. .

We'd be honored to have you at our tournament.

Please let me know if we should expect you.

Thanks,

Jeff

yea ill come why not i need to play on console again. and hopefully i can convert a few guys to join online,, far as a 4 dig

Edited by joeygats

11 hours ago, davefmurray said:

So, did you change the payout and format after the tournament started? @Hirsch

No.

An adjustment was made as we started due to a no-show. This took the payouts from 100-60-20 to 90-50-20, for winner, runner-up, and losers bracket winner respectively. 

The format was not changed. Originally, we were expecting 9 guys, but due to the no-show, I rearranged one first round match-up instead of on random person having a bye.

There was a little confusion on how the brackets were played after half of the players were eliminated from the primary prize money. -After half of the players had two losses, we split them off into a losers bracket. We then started play in the winners and losers brackets separately, with a fresh slate, as I planned from the start. So, it was double-elim again, once you were assigned to a winners or loser bracket. Of course the winner of the losers bracket only received $20, where the winner and runner-up in the winners bracket received $90 and $50, respectively.

Im not really sure why I'm explaining myself here, was there a complaint that wasn't brought to my attention? -I'm hoping not, but would like to address it if there was.

Thanks,

Jeff.

I did complain bout the pay out cause I thought it was gonna be around 140 for winner. but no one actually said anything official.. but changing pay out cause of a no show is understandable.  far as splitting the bracket and refreshing, that was definitely a little frustrating .. honestly I was just upset over that $42 dollar toll... that ruined my day.  I mean its a house tourney and I really never asked any questions and only assumed how things were gonna be..    my fault and ill be sure to clarify the rules of the tourney and payouts beforehand next time.. definitely meant a lot of cool people there and hopefully some of them decide to play online