Buffalo, NY - 11/11/17 - The Buffalo NES/Sega Retro Olympic All Around Tournament

red98sethuthut

What:  The Buffalo NES/Sega Retro Olympic All Around Tournament

When: November 11th 2017 11/11/2017 

Where: AJ's Lounge 1028 Walden Avenue Buffalo NY 14211

Time: 11am

Entry Fee: $10 ( Pay in Person)

Format: We play about ten different games from Nes and Sega. TSB a DEf. Others to voted on Like Nes ice Hockey, Megaman, Tecmo World Wrestling, Nba Jam ( I don't have this game), Nhl 94 or 95 ( which 1 is the better 1?), Tetris, Paper Boy, Rbi Baseball, TSB III, Tecmo Bowl, Eternal Champions, Contra, Mortal Kombat, Sports Talk Baseball. You will get a Medal (Gold, Silver, Bronze) for being 1st thru 3rd in any events. The person with most points wins the competition. Gold medal=3pts Silver=2pts Bronze=1pts

Prize pool for Gold (55%), Silver 2nd(30%) and bronze 3rd(15%) +

Who is Best ALL AROUND Nes/Sega Player.. @allamerican1569 @kevincabarello @thegamer1185 @mort1237 @TecmoPhycsco @davefmurray @segathonsov @Bad Moon Rison @Arncoem @TecSpectre

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Format: We will events in following games below. Each event is worth Gold (3pts), Silver (2pts), Bronze (1pts). The player with most points wins the event. Prize pool for Gold (55%), Silver 2nd(30%) and bronze 3rd(15%). All events are optional to play in.

Games Nintendo:

Nintendo (NES)

- Tecmo Super Bowl (random selection, single elimination tourney, Madison Rules)

- RBI Baseball (random selection, single elimination tourney) We may play 5 innings except for Championship game.

- Super Mario Bros 3 (Very 1st level time trial, no pipe entry) Need a timer.

- mega man 2  (Last Longer Contest on 1 Turn  on3 Lifes max, Game will played on a Labtop with an Rom and emulator. )

- Mike Tyson's Punch Out ( Skip to tyson using cheat code, Most Points on 1 try. Game will played on a Labtop with an Rom and emulator.)

-Tetris ( Start on any speed level u eant. Top 3 Point totals medal. Game could be played on laptob as well)

Games on Sega Genesis:

- Mortal Kombat 1 (, single elimination tourney)

- Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- NHL 95  (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- NBa Jam TE (  (random selection, single elimination tourney)

Tie-Breaking Procedures.....

A tie between 2 players...Both competitors will play man vs man Nes ice hockey ShootOut until someone wins. Via a Quick-Save State on a labtop. Lineup will be same for both teams. Flip a coin to determine whom goes first.

A tie between 3 players or more---All 3 players will compete in a round by round FG kicking contest. The rules are simple. If you miss or kick is blocked you are out. If all 3 miss then it keeps going. It will be played on a labtop via an quick save state. Other players not kicking will rush with Lb1 or desired defender.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REGISTERED PLAYERS:

1. Louis B. ( @red98sethuthut) Buffalo NY 1 nes System 4 Tv's 1 Labtop ( 1Tsb Rom, 1 Icehockey Rom), 1 NES Adapdter for Controller, 1 TSB Carts, 1 Nes Ice hockey cart, 1 Tetris NES Carts, Two  RBI Baseball carts, 1 JeoPardy Nes Cart, 1 Track N Field nes cart, 1 Sega Genesis 2 Wireless Controlles, 1 Sega 3-buttoned Controller, 4 nHL 95 Sega carts, 1 SF2 cart, 1 Sportstalk baseball Cart, 2 Nba Jam TE Carts

2. Francis B. ( @mort1237) Lakewood IL 1 nes system 1 TSB Cart, 1 NES Ice hockey Cart, 1 SuperMario 3 NES Cart IN_CONFIRMED

3.  Jason P. ( @Laztlain) LockPort NY. 1 Princess Tv 1 Lcd tv 1 Nes System w/o Cords      IN-CONFIRMED                                                       

4. Paul B. Townwanda Ny 1 Nes System 1 Tv 1 Cord IN-CONFIRMED

5. Doug W. Buffalo NY 2 19. inch tube tvs, a NES, a sega, 4 six button controllers and an emulator cartridge to play on the sega. (And Tetris, NBA Jam, NHL 95, SF2, Eternal Champions, Tecmo Wrestling, & Ice Hockey if you need them.) IN-CONFIRMED

6. Ray B.  @TecSpectre Is OUT

7. Eugene K. Buffalo NY IN-CONFIRMED

8. Brian F. Elma NY

9. Kevin C. @kevincabarello Columbus Ohio 1 Sega Genesis, 1 Nes, 1 Snes, 4tv's, 1 Tsb Cart, 1 Rbi baseball cart, 1 MegaMan 2 cart, 1 Mike Tyson Punchout cart, 1 tetris cart, 1 Nba Jam Cart, 1 Nhl95 cart, 1 Sf2 cart, 1 Mortal Komabt cart, Super mario Brosthers 3 Cart ( nes), IN-CONFIRMED

10. Tom C. (TommyGuns) Long Island NY 1 Nes Controller  OUT

1st step: email [email protected] with

NAME:
NICKNAME:
EQUIPMENT: Were in need of more N.E.S systems/Sega's and tube tv's to handle the format. carts and labtops. A
HOMETOWN:
PHONE #:

Are you interested in going to the bills game that sunday vs the saints???

The below video link shows what is illegal.

1st step: email [email protected] with

NAME:
NICKNAME:
EQUIPMENT: We are in need of more N.E.S / Sega's systems and tube tv's to handle the format. What Nintendo/Sega Games can you bring? Do you have an labtop you can bring?
HOMETOWN:
PHONE #:

What Games can you bring??? What date works for you best?

Are you interested in going to the bills game that sunday vs the saints???

Edited by red98sethuthut

• DFM changed the title to Buffalo, NY - 09/16/27 - The Buffalo Six Pack V
  • DFM pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

We may Let Tecmobowl.org, facebook users and/or tournament players vote on the exact 1st round matchups on who should play whom. Then it would totally random after the 1st round with no re-matches.

• DFM changed the title to Buffalo, NY - 09/16/17 - The Buffalo Six Pack V
  • 1 month later...

Tournament has been PostPoned for a year due Lack of Committed Local Players and Not 1 sign up to date. We will try have an All-around 10 game Nes/Sega Olympic Event on the same date at the same venue for those who were interested in coming. Obvisouly TSB is 1 of games played. If interested we need suggestions on what ten games. Ice hockey, Megaman, Tetris in the strongly in the mix. Nba Jam/Nhl 94 in the mix depeding if anybody has the equipment. $1o Per Player Gold, Silver, Bronze Prizes. Let us what date would work 4 you as well?!

Edited by red98sethuthut

Can't speak as to the Sega skills, which Kevin Cabarello and Segathon have, but give the NES crown to Kyle(thegamer1185) or TecmoPhyscho, those two have tons of NES skills.

• DFM unpinned this topic

If you want to have a NES / SEGA Olympics that also includes non sports games, this is what I would go with:

Nintendo (NES)

- Tecmo Super Bowl (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- RBI Baseball (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- Super Mario Bros. (1st level time trial, no pipe entry)

Sega Genesis

- Mortal Kombat (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- Street Fighter 2 (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- Sonic 2 (1st level time trial)

This list of games has mass appeal and is balanced.  There's two sports games, two fighting games, and two platformers.  The sports games are going to take the longest to play, but that's ok because they are both on NES.  I'm assuming you would have access to more NES systems than Sega Genesis, so having more systems and games will help move things along with those two sports tourneys.  By having two fighting games on SEGA, you really don't need that many systems or copies of the games.  These single elimination tournaments will go by much quicker.  You probably could get away with only two Sega Genesis systems at the event. Another key thing about this list of games is they are not expensive to obtain.  All $10 or under except for Tecmo Super Bowl (and I'm sure getting copies of this game aren't a problem).  I would keep the point system simple like you said, but give fourth place a point as well.  So basically, it's 4 points for 1st, 3 points for 2nd, 2 points for third, 1 point for fourth.  You can still keep your prize payout allotment the same for the overall standings as: Prize pool for Gold (55%), Silver 2nd (30%) and bronze 3rd (15%).

I still would love to see an All Sports (4 Major American Sports) NES / SEGA Olympics sometime in the future.  Game list would look like this:

Nintendo (NES)

- Tecmo Super Bowl (random selection, single elimination tourney)

Sega Genesis 

- NBA Jam (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- NHL 94 (random selection, single elimination tourney)

If there was an influx of systems available or if it was a two day event, I think this list of games would include all retro sports gamers alike:

Nintendo (NES)

- Tecmo Bowl

- Tecmo Super Bowl

- RBI Baseball

- Baseball Stars

Sega Genesis

- NBA Jam

- NBA Jam TE

- NHL 94

- NHL 95

On 7/24/2017 at 9:50 AM, allamerican1569 said:

If you want to have a NES / SEGA Olympics that also includes non sports games, this is what I would go with:

Nintendo (NES)

- Tecmo Super Bowl (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- Super Mario Bros. (1st level time trial, no pipe entry)

Sega Genesis

- Sonic 2 (1st level time trial)

This list of games has mass appeal and is balanced.  There's two sports games, two fighting games, and two platformers.  The sports games are going to take the longest to play, but that's ok because they are both on NES.  I'm assuming you would have access to more NES systems than Sega Genesis, so having more systems and games will help move things along with those two sports tourneys.  By having two fighting games on SEGA, you really don't need that many systems or copies of the games.  These single elimination tournaments will go by much quicker.  You probably could get away with only two Sega Genesis systems at the event. Another key thing about this list of games is they are not expensive to obtain.  All $10 or under except for Tecmo Super Bowl (and I'm sure getting copies of this game aren't a problem).  I would keep the point system simple like you said, but give fourth place a point as well.  So basically, it's 4 points for 1st, 3 points for 2nd, 2 points for third, 1 point for fourth.  You can still keep your prize payout allotment the same for the overall standings as: Prize pool for Gold (55%), Silver 2nd (30%) and bronze 3rd (15%).

I still would love to see an All Sports (4 Major American Sports) NES / SEGA Olympics sometime in the future.  Game list would look like this:

Nintendo (NES)

- Tecmo Super Bowl (random selection, single elimination tourney)

Sega Genesis 

- NBA Jam (random selection, single elimination tourney)

- NHL 94 (random selection, single elimination tourney)

If there was an influx of systems available or if it was a two day event, I think this list of games would include all retro sports gamers alike:

Nintendo (NES)

- Tecmo Bowl

- Tecmo Super Bowl

- RBI Baseball

- Baseball Stars

Sega Genesis

- NBA Jam

- NBA Jam TE

- NHL 94

- NHL 95

I was thinking something similar with Mario.  See who can get the furthest with one life.  You could even do it as a team relay.  You couldn't use any warp zones.  If it was Mario 3 the stages would need to be played in numerical order.  it would entice non sporting fans to play.

Possible Dates. Me and Moska Joe wants to hit up an bills game. So we will have this event when bills are at home. If you want stay in town for the game let me know. Possible dates for this event will be as follows..  Let us know which date works best for you.

sat 9/23   and 9/24 Denver Broncos @ Buffalo

sat 10/21  and 10/22 TB Bucs @ BUF

sat 10/28 and 10/29 Oak @ BUF

sat 11/11 and 11/12 NO @ BUF

Please Vote at

Edited by red98sethuthut

• 2 weeks later...

Bump retro Event is going down 11.11. More detailed post about format to come as I pile up the equipment ...Bills play home vs No Saints next day if interested hmu

Edited by red98sethuthut

Format

Format: We will events in following games below. Each event is worth Gold (3pts), Silver (2pts), Bronze (1pts). The player with most points wins the event. Prize pool for Gold (55%), Silver 2nd(30%) and bronze 3rd(15%). All events are optional to play in.

Games Nintendo:

Nintendo (NES)

- Tecmo Super Bowl (random selection, single elimination tourney, Madison Rules)

- RBI Baseball (random selection, single elimination tourney) We may play 5 innings except for Championship game.

- Super Mario Bros 3 (1st level time trial, no pipe entry)

- mega man 2 Last Longer Contest on 1 Life, Game will played on a Labtop with an Rom and emulator. )

- Mike Tyson's Punch Out ( Skip to tyson using cheat code, Most points wins. Game will played on a Labtop with an Rom and emulator.)

-Tetris ( Most Points Win on 1 CatLife..Can play any speed desired Game could be played on laptob as well)

Games on Sega Genesis:

- NHL 95  (random selection, single elimination tourney) penalties ON, no offsides, No Line Changes,  Manual Goalie

- NBa Jam TE (  (random selection, single elimination tourney)

Games on Snes: - TSbIII (random selection, single elimination tourney)

Tie-Breaking Procedures.....

A tie between 2 players...Both competitors will play man vs man Nes ice hockey ShootOut until someone wins. Via a Quick-Save State on a labtop. Lineup will be same for both teams. Flip a coin to determine whom goes first.

A tie between 3 players or more---All 3 players will compete in a round by round FG kicking contest. The rules are simple. If you miss or kick is blocked you are out. If all 3 miss then it keeps going. It will be played on a labtop via an quick save state. Other players not kicking will rush with Lb1 or desired defender.

Edited by red98sethuthut

• DFM changed the title to Buffalo, NY - 11/11/17 - The Buffalo NES/Sega Olympic All Around Event
  • DFM pinned this topic

Ha ha!  Louis, I'm interested in the all-around event for sure and to see a Bills game.  I would love to be the all-around champ.  I'm not sure the likelyhood of me making it this go around since me and my wife just had a baby in June, but I will at least touch base with her to see if it's a possibility.  If I get the ok, I'll also to talk to Mort to see what his plans are in getting there, possible car pool and what not.

• DFM unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

My thanks to @allamerican1569 for letting me borrow an SEga. We only got ten guys signed  but that means we will have more time to play some old school retro games. I better  win tecmo events to have any shot at this. I'm not bad a tetris.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:01 AM, kevincabarello said:

Will there be a Friday night pre-tournament shindig? I would love to get some games in (and also unload all the gear). I loved AJ's Lounge last year for the 6-pack tournament. Nice little joint right next to the Bills' stadium.

Yeah 6pm to 11pm. The fri night set up is at Ajs Lounge 1028 walden avenue cheektowaga NY 14211. It is a different location then last year.

Edited by red98sethuthut

Gold @kevincabarello 2opts Silver Doug W. ( Buffalo NY) 17pts Bronze @mort1237 11pts   Congrats.

@Laztlain and Me could not participate. Laz was sick and my epileptic condition flamed up at worse time ever. I was fine but not in a condtion to play video games and decided to go home to rest.

Events

SF 2 Gold Kevin C. 5-0, Silver Doug W 4-1, Mort 3-2

Nba Jam Gold Doug W., Silver Kevin C., Bronze Mort...Gamenote (  Doug won gold with GW 3pter as time expired over Kevin C. )

TSB Gold Mort, Silver Eugene K., Bronze Paul B.

RBI Baseball World Championship's LOL; Gold Mort (The world RBi Champ) , Dave Silver, Bronze Dave w. Notes= Mort magic Rally vs Kevin C overcomes a 4run deficit to rally in the 9th.

Tetris Gold Doug W. 160,176 Pts Kevin C 53673 pts Dave 47030pts

Mario 3 Time Trials Gold Kevin C. 15secs, Silver 21.83secs, Bronze 22:35secs

Tyson : Kevin Gold 10930pts vs Tyson, Silver Dave 3880 Pts Bronze Doug 15opts

Megaman 2: Gold Kevin C. Beat the game w/o dying, Silver Mort Beat the game with dying once ( In last level last screen too), Doug Bronze (Beat 1 Boss)

Mortal Kombat: Gold Doug w. 6-1, Silver Lou 5-2, Kevin C. Bronze 4-3 (Won 3 way tie breaker in 3 way FG kicking contest for the pt.)

Nhl 95: Gold Kevin C. Silver Doug. Bronze Dave W. Only 1 used Buffalo and lost 1-2 in OT just like the sabres did saturday in real life...

Also TY to @allamerican1569 and @segathonsov for borrowing us equipment.

• DFM unpinned this topic