SEGATHON this Satuday

segathonsov

Doing our Annual Segathon Tourney at a buds house this Saturday.  

Will be setting up a live feed again and you may see a few friendly Tecmo faces there

https://www.twitch.tv/segathonsov

Starts around 3 but later in the night is when the feed should get interesting.

• 1 year later...

heads up doing our Segathon again this Sat 3pm start but chair smashing normally doesnt start till late.  I think I may have sound fixed as well.  

https://www.twitch.tv/segathonsov

Also have are new rankings up to honor Presidents day with our Top 45. 

http://www.segathon.com/

I somehow received Vlad Putin as my guy - which means I roll shirtless on a horse to Segathon this year.

I should also mention now that I have never played NHL on Genesis - my friends from birth through Saturday all rolled NES/SNES, no Sega until Dreamcast in college. 

13 hours ago, qb_browns said:

This was a great time. 

The stream was probably a little underwhelming but overall the competition was great. 

The stream was hilarious! Point Break, presidents (And almost presidents) masks, BSD, screaming Alexa,  @segathonsov yelling STFU!, And everyone singing an impromptu Peter (Et's brother) Cetera era Chicago song. (From Chicago XVII), and one of the crazier endings of a near naked match tied late, shots with arms entwined,  then a crazy shorthanded goal ftw with 5 seconds left. It was awesome!

2 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

The stream was hilarious! Point Break, presidents (And almost presidents) masks, BSD, screaming Alexa,  @segathonsov yelling STFU!, And everyone singing an impromptu Peter (Et's brother) Cetera era Chicago song. (From Chicago XVII), and one of the crazier endings of a near naked match tied late, shots with arms entwined,  then a crazy shorthanded goal ftw with 5 seconds left. It was awesome!

It was seriously a blast. The games were all close due to alcohol evening up the overall skill level - and since we were playing for bragging rights, some good natured smack talk was always on the cards. 

For all the crazy, games got done quick, the bracket was not a complete and total disaster, and the whole experience was worth it. 

5 out of 5 stars would recommend if you aren't too full of yourself and are interested in just having fun at a tournament. 

Thanks for coming out “Tecmo Jon” you and “Tecmo Kris” took like ducks to water with us.

it used to be classified as a tournament,  but we are definitely more of an experience like Burning Mort.

We need 2 sober guys to work the stream one of these years.  I was on another planet by the 3rd game.  Tecmo Jon picked up the pieces of stream and bracket so I’d say it was our best stream yet!

16 hours ago, segathonsov said:

Thanks for coming out “Tecmo Jon” you and “Tecmo Kris” took like ducks to water with us.

it used to be classified as a tournament,  but we are definitely more of an experience like Burning Mort.

We need 2 sober guys to work the stream one of these years.  I was on another planet by the 3rd game.  Tecmo Jon picked up the pieces of stream and bracket so I’d say it was our best stream yet!

Just doing my part to make sure you are able to take off your clothes as needed throughout the night.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I would of saw this earlier.  This was a crazy tournament.  Talk about a total fun fest.  Some of the highlights from my point of view.

By 3rd game most people in buzz mode.

The host of the tourney (Judson) was giving shots to the top players to get them drunk quicker. The Waitress was his daughter

Jon Bailey is like Bo Jackson he knows hockey too.  NHL skills are top notch.  His wrister is better than pitcher Doug Fister

I knew Segathon was a fun guy already but he put a new stamp to it with undressing and wrestling skills.  

I formed a teacher's union with the champion (Blair and runner up Luke)  I love the union

I think we have the Guinness Book of World Records for most times watching Point Break in a day

Everybody loves taking their shirts off.  It was great to be part of that action

Lots of shit talking and great music.  It made a joy even if your knew you were part of the group

Next year this tournament is suppose to be at Shamrocks in St. Paul  I can't wait to see what happens there.  Some people may be arrested.  Start a Go Fund Me now for Segathon.

Thanks again for the invite,

Sammie Smith

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 8:34 PM, segathonsov said:

How many entrants did you have? I saw you post that you'd like to do a Kumite like draft one of these Segathons...

2 hours ago, segathonsov said:

We had 15 this time.  NHL 95 teams are pretty close compared to Tecmo's ridged caste system.  I'd say only 1 team of the 26 is unplayable (Ducks) all the others have a punchers chance.

I beat up on a player using Tampa Bay against his Detroit 5-2. 

That's a Packers/Saints v Oilers/Bills matchup in Tecmo terms - though the tiers are super close in nhl

7 hours ago, segathonsov said:

We had 15 this time.  NHL 95 teams are pretty close compared to Tecmo's ridged caste system.  I'd say only 1 team of the 26 is unplayable (Ducks) all the others have a punchers chance.

How about for NHL94? The Yuge NHL94 tourney is gonna be in Vancouver this fall. I played the game a ton back in the day (genesis) but am supremely unaware of how the teams compare? I guess I could go to that NHL94 site 

14 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

How about for NHL94? The Yuge NHL94 tourney is gonna be in Vancouver this fall. I played the game a ton back in the day (genesis) but am supremely unaware of how the teams compare? I guess I could go to that NHL94 site 

Yeah It’s like nhl 95, there are no Joe Montana to Rice connections. I’d say the gammet would be like Raiders to Colts match up wise.  

In genesis version of 94 there is a weight bug for checking (kinda like HP math in Tecmo that adds another layer) 

that 94 tourney will have a high level of play where a few guys will be a reg/Gats level.

Would loved to go to that tourney plus Vancouver is like the Miami of Canada