Yak

NFL 2017-2018 Season Discussion

Teh Best, most exciting stories going into this season are Saints, Raiders, & when the hell someone's going to release a rom (I know you're working hard; trust me, you're an amazing breed).

Patriots are boring and suck ass.

Jets... Just go undefeated.

Halleluia.

And the Giants won't even make the playoffs, because Brandon Marshall joined the team.

NFL_Draft_Trades_Adrian_Peterson.png?t=120151115_seahawks_jhg-32-280x150.jpg

Saints are not exciting. AP is not going to tip the balance for that team into a contender. In the pass-happy NFL, losing Brandin Cooks and getting AP is not an even exchange.

Raiders ARE exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing if they're able to get out of their own way.

The next couple of years in the NFL, for me, is all about watching a living legend in Tom Brady have a well-deserved victory lap(s) across the faces of most of his competition, while the rest of the NFL fan base impatiently waits for Tom Brady/The Hoodie to retire so that their team has a chance at being memorable.

I'm also looking forward to the sophomore slumps of Dak Prescott and Zek Elliot.

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs

6 hours ago, bruddog said:

Ya offense wasn't really the problem for the Saints....the problem was the defense was basically as bad as the offense was good. 

I swear it seems like the Saints have been this way for the past 10+ years

Even when they went 13-3 and won the SB the defense still gave up a lot of points / had a lot of shootouts

8 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Raiders ARE exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing if they're able to get out of their own way.

Raiders are another sick reminder of my team's bad drafting.  We could have had Derek Carr and selected Bortles instead.  :x

12 hours ago, rmm1976 said:

I swear it seems like the Saints have been this way for the past 10+ years

Even when they went 13-3 and won the SB the defense still gave up a lot of points / had a lot of shootouts

Ya the defense was always worse than the points allowed suggested. They had a few decent seasons although the SB season you are right it wasn't that good. It was mostly all the turnovers they generated including the now incarcerated sharpers 9 interceptions for 376 yards. 

On 6/12/2017 at 10:03 AM, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Saints are not exciting.

The saints are only exciting in as much as adrian peterson is now among them (imo).  But that's plenty enough

(not to mention, they'll be playing at minnesota week 1, on mnf)

On 6/15/2017 at 3:08 AM, Bolt said:

Tell me about it.  Bubs, who will you be rooting for:

Adrian, or Vikings (or both/a tie)?

Vikings all the way. I hope that Peterson has a good game though, cause I'm not bitter. The guy was Minnesota's offense for a decade. 

45 minutes ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

David Harris cut by Jets a couple of weeks ago, gets picked up by the Patriots. I love the Patriots.

Another man's trash is Belichick's treasure.

Trrrrrrash? Dude was cut for cost savings by the Jets. He played 87% of all snaps last season! If the Pats can get another year or two out of Harris, who signed a 2-year deal, then that trash is treeeeeasssssssureeee.

1 hour ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Trrrrrrash? Dude was cut for cost savings by the Jets. He played 87% of all snaps last season! If the Pats can get another year or two out of Harris, who signed a 2-year deal, then that trash is treeeeeasssssssureeee.

I wasn't trying to be demeaning. I was just pointing out that Billy B grabs what is discarded quite often and then makes you pay for it.

On 6/15/2017 at 3:08 AM, Bolt said:

Tell me about it.  Bubs, who will you be rooting for:

Adrian, or Vikings (or both/a tie)?

saints in ot because it will make the game more memorable just like when farve beat rodgers.

On 6/21/2017 at 10:53 AM, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

David Harris cut by Jets a couple of weeks ago, gets picked up by the Patriots.

Their ways are raw and full of intrigue, i must attest.  But would you expect anything less?

Maybe they should bring back fat and slow Revis, too.

July has hit, and with it will soon come the series of NFL season prognostications by those with the constitution to put themselves out on the limb by predicting the future.

Here's TB.org forum-goer Mike Gordan's epic 2016-2017 Tom Brady/Patriots prognostication. #neverforget #dontquityourdayjobmikegordan

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs