Maynard_G_Krebs

NFL 2017-2018 Season Discussion

164 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fatcheerleader said:

Move over Browns there is a new rock bottom team!   

HAHAHAHA

59052b255b48b_4-29-20178-06-37PM.thumb.png.2dd8ce3c397e8cf8d3f9da2264a93dc5.png

jete.thumb.gif.26e6865ad1cde371cce09c9a1be3fa8e.gif

buttfum.thumb.gif.d34772e63cea7ff4bad6277f9e546156.gif

Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula have gone on a firing spree, firing the GM and the entire scouting department. Only the coaches are safe.

On 4/29/2017 at 4:26 PM, davefmurray said:

On 4/29/2017 at 6:41 PM, fatcheerleader said:

Goodell totally did!  Dbag. 

Yeah, that's so obvious, it's not even debatable.  Wipes nose, realizes there's something stuck to his fingers, rolls it into a ball, wipes it in girl's hair.  What a piece of shit.

I mean we have probably all done that before, minus the wiping it in the girl's hair part.  You gotta hold onto it and flick it off when no one is looking.

Former Browns WR Michael Jackson, 48, was killed in a motorcycle accident in Louisiana. He was going at a high speed when someone backed out and blocked traffic, causing him to crash into the driver's side door and killed him and the woman both.

13 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

brady.jpeg

The only way to combat that nonsense & tomfoolery - for Tecmo 2017-18, yo - is to go retro:

001044756.jpg

ESPN is doubling down on its programming of "TV personalities" to replace sports highlight shows, solidifying their strategic opinion that what moderate fans want is more cable news-type drama and bickering, and less actual sports.

In related news, America is dying.

39 minutes ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

ESPN is .......  solidifying their strategic opinion that what moderate fans want is more cable news-type drama and bickering, and less actual sports.

Isn't it, though?

On 2/15/2017 at 7:40 AM, Knobbe said:

All things equal health-wise I'm taking Fournette. If a team checks him out and has any reservations about his ability to stay healthy, it's a lot safer to go Cook. People overlook the ability to stay on the field Emmett Smith brought to the table when evaluating his greatness.

Looks like the Jags were on the same page with me. Considering they're the Jags, I'm not sure I should feel smart.

1 hour ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

ESPN is doubling down on its programming of "TV personalities" to replace sports highlight shows, solidifying their strategic opinion that what moderate fans want is more cable news-type drama and bickering, and less actual sports.

In related news, America is dying.

They're a company that makes the majority of their money on subscriptions (around 2/3rds).  They are bleeding money because people are cord cutting and people not interested in sports are no longer obligated to pay for ESPN when they do pay for online subscriptions.

Why would I wait around to watch a highlight on a show if I can just pull it up on the internet? 

2 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Why would I wait around to watch a highlight on a show if I can just pull it up on the internet? 

This.

Not that I agree with all their political diatribe, but I still feel it is important to not have everything be SportsCenter all day. I leave ESPN on during the morning at work and have to say I enjoy some of the "podcasts" they have on live air. Once it becomes the Stephen A. Show, I turn that shit off. That guy is a dressed up ESPN robot trying to get ratings and offers little actual insight, IMO.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The Ultimate Weapon
      I wanted to put this in a seperate thread in case anyone missed it and so it could be pinned as a tournament.

Below are the details of our Northeast Ohio Tecmo Meetup:

Who: First 16 guys to respond
      What: Tecmo Super Bowl
      When: Sat, May 6th, 12-5pm
      Where: Italian Garden Restaurant 10511 Main Street, Mantua, OH 44255

Cost: $20

Payouts with 16 participants:
      1st: $160
      2nd: $80
      3rd: $40
      4th: $20

Confirmed participants:
      01. Ryan M.
      02. Chris H.
      03. Jason A.
      04. Cliff P.
      05. Steve R.
      06. Clarence J.
      07. John C.
      08. Jon R.
      09. Louis B.
      10. Francis B.
      11. Tom J.

Please let me know if you are able to bring any of the following:
      -TVs
      -NES Systems
      -NES Controllers
      -Tecmo Super Bowl Carts
      -Extension cords
      -Power Strips

If if you are able to bring any of the above items, please come 30-45 minutes early to help setup.
      Format will be informal, decided the day of the event and depend on number of participants and systems available.

We guarantee the following: 
      - At least 4 rounds of preliminary seeding where players with like records face off each round
      - A single or double elimination bracket where teams will be drafted based on seeding
      - (SF, GIA, BUF, HOU excluded from the draft)
      - If you win in the bracket round you can keep your team or swap teams with your opponent
      - Payouts to the top 4 finishers ($160. $80, $40, $20 if we get 16 guys)

This format allows everyone to play a lot of meaningful games and is extremely fair and laid back

If time permits, we will also have a single or double elimination NFL Blitz 2000 side tournament on N64.

Participants are welcome and encouraged to order from the menu and BYOB. I have eaten there a number of times and everything is great - the dough is homemade every day and they make awesome pizza (I also love the JoJos) below is a link to the menu. Hope to see you there!

https://www.orderstart.com/mobile/italiangarden#menuPage
    • By The Ultimate Weapon
      When I was at the Detroit Kumite tournament last weekend, a number of players from the Cleveland area who I had never met before attended as well and we all had a great time!  Many of these guys already get together a few times a year to play casual Tecmo Super Bowl at various venues.     I collected emails and some cell phone numbers for players that wanted to provide one.  This post is to see who would be interested in getting together potentially quarterly to play Tecmo Super Bowl and perhaps consider doing a Fantasy Football League in the fall for anyone who enjoys both Tecmo and Fantasy Football and lives in or near Northeast Ohio.   If this is something that interests you, please message me and provide your email address and cell phone number, as I will be creating a text distribution group in addition to the email distribution list once we finalize the initial details.  If you could also let me know ideas for places to meet, how many systems, cartridges, controllers and TVs you would be willing to share with the group, that would also be helpful.   The idea is to simply get a group of great guys together semi regularly who enjoy both Tecmo Super Bowl and NFL football.   Thanks in advance for your consideration.  More to follow after I collect everyone's thoughts and responses.
    • By Knobbe

View File TecmoBowl.org Presents: Tecmo Super Bowl 2017

Tecmo Super Bowl is the greatest sports video game of all time. Now, 25 years after TSB made 8-Bit legends of Bo Jackson and Lawrence Taylor, TecmoBowl.org proudly announces the release of Tecmo Super Bowl 2017. This site's 10th yearly iteration updates Tecmo's NES classic with up-to-date rosters, graphics, schedules and play books for all 32 NFL squads.  Additionally, you can now check the defensive conditions of your players.

Playable on multiple platforms and operating systems via NES emulation software, Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 brings Nintendo's bone-crunching classic to today's computers and handheld devices.

Will offenses fear Von Miller like they feared Lawrence Taylor? Who is the more deadly play-caller: Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino? Will Todd Gurley live up to the hype? Loaded into an NES Emulator, Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 will make legends for the next 25 years.

Tecmo Super Bowl 2017

Table of Contents
      A. How This Works
      B. How To Play - PC/Mac
      C. How to Play Online - Windows
      D. Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 Notes
      E. Known Issues
      F. Credits

A. How This Works
      If you're new to emulation:
      ROM = Game or Cartridge (.nes file) Emulator = NES System  
      B. How To Play - PC/Mac
      Download Nestopia for your platform and also the .nes ROM -  Windows | Mac  Open Nestopia. From Nestopia, File > Open and find your .nes ROM. C. How to Play Online - Windows
      Setup for online play using our guide - http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53066-guide-get-started-playing-tsb-online-for-dummies/. We then recommend starting out at the TPC - http://www.tecmoplayers.com.

Most TPC players use the original Tecmo Super Bowl ROM, but you might be able to find some people playing TSB 2016. Remember that the versions of the game must be exactly the same or you will not be able to connect.

If you’re looking for an online league, we recommend TecmoBowl.org's Online Tecmo Leagues.

D. Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 notes
      Check Defense condition - In the same location as the time out menu there is now a "CHECK DEF" option which lets you scroll left and right through your players 4-3 Defenses - Several teams employ 4-3 defenses.  The "RT" (Right Tackle) will show up as the LILB on the rosters. 32-Team ROM Rosters current as of 9/7/16 Adjustable quarter length Playbook editing in-game Player 2 attributes now display correctly Halftime stats Pass Control determines if a pass will be completed. Passing Accuracy determines if the ball will be on target. E. Known Issues
      CPU can lock up under certain circumstances, most commonly a player 2 FG make. A hard reset (or open/close) of the emulator should clear the issue F. Credits
      Graphics - Keithisgood | @keithisgood Rosters/Attributes/Sim - Buck 4-3 Defense - Jstout Roster QA - Nathan from tundrabowl.com | @retronathan Promo - davefmurray | @davefmurray QA/Rom Merge/Project Coordinator - Knobbe | @tecmogodfather Thanks to:
      Jstout, Bruddog, Cxrom, Bad-Al & Buck for the hacking knowledge and tools. Members of TecmoBowl.org for helping beta test and for making this all worthwhile.  

Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 by TecmoBowl.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
      Based on a work at http://tecmobowl.org/.

Other 2017 Versions to try:
      @Tecmonster: http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/502-tecmonsters-tecmo-super-bowl-2017/
      @qbvikings: http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/500-qbvikings-tecmo-super-bowl-2016-2017/
      @fatcheerleader NCAA: http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/68903-nes-tsb-ncaa-2016/
      @Fernando 49 TSB III SNES: http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69008-snes-tsb3-nfl-2016/
      @cowboyschamps TSB I SNES: http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/503-2016-2017-rosters/

Submitter Knobbe Submitted 09/08/2016 Category NFL By Year  
    • By Baron von Lector

View File NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017
      This is NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017!

Using the original Tecmo Bowl (not Tecmo Super Bowl), this ROM consists of 32 NCAA football schools.  I used a few different criteria when determining which of the 120+ teams to use in this game, from historical reputation (i.e. Notre Dame, Alabama), TB.org community interest (i.e. Syracuse, Purdue), recent success (i.e. Boise St., Oregon), and the military academies. 

Using the original Tecmo Bowl's ratings as a template, the players were rated based on 2015 season statistics, 2016 partial season statistics, various Heisman watch websites, and other sources.

Rosters, ratings, home/away uniforms, cutscenes, and other small details were updated to ensure this is as authentic of an NCAA experience as this 8-bit simulation can provide.

Aside from teams selection (as I'm sure not everybody will agree with my selections), if there are any glaring errors, please bring them to my attention.

Enjoy!

Submitter Baron von Lector Submitted 10/11/2016 Category Tecmo Bowl - NES  
    • By Baron von Lector
      This is NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017!

Using the original Tecmo Bowl (not Tecmo Super Bowl), this ROM consists of 32 NCAA football schools.  I used a few different criteria when determining which of the 120+ teams to use in this game, from historical reputation (i.e. Notre Dame, Alabama), TB.org community interest (i.e. Syracuse, Purdue), recent success (i.e. Boise St., Oregon), and the military academies. 

Using the original Tecmo Bowl's ratings as a template, the players were rated based on 2015 season statistics, 2016 partial season statistics, various Heisman watch websites, and other sources.

Rosters, ratings, home/away uniforms, cutscenes, and other small details were updated to ensure this is as authentic of an NCAA experience as this 8-bit simulation can provide.

Aside from teams selection (as I'm sure not everybody will agree with my selections), if there are any glaring errors, please bring them to my attention.

Enjoy!