Maynard_G_Krebs

NFL 2017-2018 Season Discussion

6 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Yo Maynard, I saw that you downvoted my proclamation of Case Keenum's ELITE quarterbacking skills. Are you afraid of him possibly definitely outdueling Brady in the Super Bowl? Before, you know, Brady gets carted off the field after being destroyed by Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Tom Johnson, and Danielle Hunter?

1 hour ago, PockyCandy said:

Yo Maynard, I saw that you downvoted my proclamation of Case Keenum's ELITE quarterbacking skills. Are you afraid of him possibly definitely outdueling Brady in the Super Bowl? Before, you know, Brady gets carted off the field after being destroyed by Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Tom Johnson, and Danielle Hunter?

Spoken like a true bottom feeder who’s been waiting for their uppercumance after what feels like a generation of woeful ineptitude.

;)

10 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

I am by no means a Giants fan, for obvious reasons. I take great joy in taking shots at the Manning legacy in the NFL. This all being said, Ben F*ckadoo benching Eli Manning is a disgrace. F*ckadoo and Jerry Reese clearly care more about their positions than honoring a career that has brought the Giants more success than the majority of their quarterbacks. Gino fkn Smith... F*ck you, Ben F*ckadoo and Jerry Reese. May the Giants not reach the playoffs for the remainder of their tenure.

Fuck Eli.

Lots of great qbs lose it and have gotten benched. You think this is the first time a (previously) good qb has gotten benched? What world are you living in?

Anyways, he's the coach and he's gonna shake stuff up and try to get his team playing better.

so many pussies out there saying what Eli "deserves". fuck you, pussies. Go coach a team yourself. Good luck, with an attitude like that.  Football isn't about what some old ass shitty Eli manning "deserves". It's about winning games.  Surely Geno can win a game, or one.

eli getting benched doesn't negate his past. Only pussy media clowns want to project this present moment onto Eli's past.  

Eli is presently playing like he's washed up. And His team just sux. So coach Gotta shake stuff up. Eli is a cool dude, and with all due respect fuck him, due to the present situation.

give geno a chance. Mcastache is just trying to win a fucking game.

Edited by buck

20 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

I am by no means a Giants fan, for obvious reasons. I take great joy in taking shots at the Manning legacy in the NFL. This all being said, Ben F*ckadoo benching Eli Manning is a disgrace. F*ckadoo and Jerry Reese clearly care more about their positions than honoring a career that has brought the Giants more success than the majority of their quarterbacks. Gino fkn Smith... F*ck you, Ben F*ckadoo and Jerry Reese. May the Giants not reach the playoffs for the remainder of their tenure.

I agree with this.

But one has to wonder, with the recent shit-storm surrounding the NFL, if this has anything to do with race.  Maybe McAdoo is trying to please all the people on the Kaepernick fake outrage bandwagon? 

27 minutes ago, Bodom said:

I agree with this.

But one has to wonder, with the recent shit-storm surrounding the NFL, if this has anything to do with race.  Maybe McAdoo is trying to please all the people on the Kaepernick fake outrage bandwagon? 

In my estimation, management knew they were moving away from Eli--they offered him the chance to start games, but not finish them, and he turned that down. Gino probably wound up being the choice because they probably don't want a straight-up Bills-from-last-week episode of QB shuffling incompetence by putting in the 3rd-string rookie QB. There are no secrets in Gino's game; dude has started over 2 seasons worth of games. Everyone knows what Gino's game is about.

Giants management blew it. Mara blew it. Eli is going to walk away from this whole thing as a martyr, just like Bolt said.

Man, I'm guessing you guys think capernick should be starting somewhere? What other bum QB do you guys think "deserves" to start?

Edited by buck

10 hours ago, buck said:

Man, I'm guessing you guys think capernick should be starting somewhere? What other bum QB do you guys think "deserves" to start?

Definitely not Geno Smith. And the QB isn't even the position that the Giants need to address; they're down to their 4th string receivers, their offensive line is trash, and their best RB is some guy named Orleans Darkwa. Brett Favre in his prime couldn't make that a functional offense. 

If the Giants had a decent prospect at QB - and/or - it didn't benefit them to tank, then I'd be on board with benching Eli.  If Geno, by some stroke of miracle, comes in and wins a few games, it's only going to hurt them.

Have you football geniuses even read what the GIA coach said?

coach said that he wanted to let these other QBs play some, but Eli would start. Eli said "no" to that idea.  So coach said, "see ya, ya bum!"

he said he is going with Geno for now and is going to get that other dude Webb rolling, too.

it's not exclusive Geno time. But at least Geno has a little NFL experience, and then ease the Webb dude in.

have you read how Eli is helping these other QBs get ready? Eli himself knows he is a bum. But you football geniuses don't agree!  

Anyways, you gonna sit here and say what a coach shouldn't do with a freaking 2-9 GIA team and a bum QB  You gonna sit here and say "poor Eli"? Pssshh.

again, all due respect to Eli for what he's done in the past...but this ain't the past anymore.

Edited by buck

19 minutes ago, buck said:

Have you football geniuses even read what the GIA coach said?

Nope.  I don't really care that much.  Eli was never really that good (just like R-Will), he just had a great defense for a while.

36 minutes ago, buck said:

coach said that he wanted to let these other QBs play some, but Eli would start. Eli said "no" to that idea.  So coach said, "see ya, ya bum!"

Read any QB statements about this story (from Steve Young to Tom Brady) and pretty much all of them have said that if they were Eli, they would have told the Giants to eat shit, as well.

8 hours ago, buck said:

yeah, they can both eat shit.  GIA and Eli.  GIA just told Eli to eat shit first, and all the haters are jealous.

I can see where you're coming from, but I couldn't help but laugh at this last part. You sound like a teenage girl talking about her haters. 

Chiefs have lost six freaking straight games. Andy's lost all faith in Kareem Hunt and our running game and look at where it's getting us. He and Sutton need to be fired after this season. There's no excuse for us starting hot only to go downhill. Not Berry's injury, not the injury to Charcandrick West.

On 9/8/2017 at 7:36 PM, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Also, not to take anything away from the Chiefs gameplan last night, because they did straight up beat the Pats--but let's be honest, that was probably one of, if not THE best game of Alex Smith's entire career. Dude blew his load early. That was not the Alex Smith we all know, and it won't be the Alex Smith we see throughout most of the regular season.

I suppose Alex Smith did in fact blow his load early.