Maynard_G_Krebs

NFL 2017-2018 Season Discussion

I'm happy for Brady's Mom.

17 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Patriots proganda! Rejoice!

I don't know how good of a coverage-guy Vic Beasley is (probably not), but whoever the hell he is - regahdless - he should've picked-off that errant Brady pass, in OT.

Brady got lucky.

How do you like them apples?

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1466875400ra/19528479.gif

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

I'm happy for Brady's Mom.

I don't know how good of a coverage-guy Vic Beasley is (probably not), but whoever the hell he is - regahdless - he should've picked-off that errant Brady pass, in OT.

Brady got lucky.

How do you like them apples?

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1466875400ra/19528479.gif

Woulda, shoulda, coulda is the anthem of losers.

^^ suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz!!!!

Yeah:  he "dropped the ball," that's partly why they LOST it - not so much that your hunk Brady, and les patriots won - just like the Seahawks, 2 years earlier.

Win it outright, n.e.

That's why you're coming back, Brady.

7 hours ago, Bodom said:

Legend of Bodom.

18 hours ago, Bolt said:

#RISEUP.

Falcons collapsed, that's why they lost.

Agree.  The Falcons collapsed.  But on the other side of every collapse is a team who kicked their ass and caused them to collapse. 

Jersey Joe Walcott didn't just fall down.  Rocky Marciano was there to knock him onto his ass.

The Yankees didn't just collapse in 2004.  The Red Sox kicked their teeth in and reversed the curse.

Hell, even the Byzantine Empire didn't just fall.  The Ottoman army defeated it.

The Patriots willed their greatness on the Falcons.  The entire team went into Beast Mode like nothing anyone had ever seen before.  Literally, the entire team (aside from two players who I won't double out).  It was the greatest thing the NFL has ever seen.

Oh, for sure - the Patriots machine executed:  But it wouldn't have mattered, if the lazy, less-determined Georgians - including sabotage (even just, stupid-induced) by k. shanadoosh - hadn't COLLAPSED.

The falcons didn't want it bad enough.

did they start feeling bad for les pats?  did they think THIS sb was like a testing-ground; arrogantly believing that they could keep getting back there? (they got former SEA-d.coordinator as their coach, afterall...)

Stupid falcons.

Edited by Bolt

I believe that no other QB in the league right now would have made those accurate and well-timed passes like Brady did.

what I am saying is:  take any QB in the NFL right now, and put them in Brady's position in the 2nd half of the SB.  

who in the living fuck would make those throws that consistently, under that pressure, with those WRs?  rivers?  rodgers? brees? natty ice? some "running QB"   lol, no way.  those guys couldn't have made those throws even if there were no defense on the field.

nobody makes those throws.  only Brady.  other QBs would have mentally choked or just made bad throws.  Brady was as close to PERFECT as you can get.

No other qb? Not many qbs but I definitely think at least rodgers  could have made those throws. Brady did make a bad throw...that should have ended the game...but got a miracle catch out of it. That's probably picked off at least half the time. But i guess that's karma for the tyree catch. Pats could about as easliy have been 0-7 as they could have been 7-0. 

And a couple other ones even on the final drive. Brady looked like a turd sandwhich for about 3 qtrs until the pass rush got gassed and ATL looked like the crappy ATL D that has existed for most of the year.

Brady started heating up after the D had been on the field forever and the WR's finally started getting separation.   Brady made good throws, a couple bad ones, and a couple where the players were quite open. 

In OT his passes were pretty money getting a nice clean pocket to throw from. Also a few easy RB screens that accounted for 30 yards. 

Still all of it was only possible b/c ATL was as dumb as rocks...snapping the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock multiple times and some really awful playcall choices and execution. 3rd and 1...up 16 with 8 min to play. Clock is our friend. LEts call a long developing sack play with our RT hurt...sack fumble...Lmao. 

In FG range we could QB sneak 3 times and have a 40yd fg nearly automatic in today's nfl and burn a lot of clock or make Ne take their TO's...nah lets move back to the 50. 

Just painful to watch. 

Heh. I'd take getting to the SB and losing over this mess we have now. However the 49er's need a lot more talent so not sure how much impact he can have at least for the next few years. 

I'm not arguing that ATL went wacko.  I was watching the playclock and the plays they ran.  fuck ATL.

But how does a "turd sandwich" throw for 466 yards at 69% in the super bowl, with a completely non-existent running game?  I get it, you hate Brady and the Pats.  it's cool, every body does.  Pats fans are used to the haters hating.

1 hour ago, buck said:

I get it, you hate Brady and the Pats.  it's cool, every body does.  Pats fans are used to the haters hating.

We are definitely used to it.  There was a period of time from 2007 - 2011 when it stung a bit.  But after the Pats winning their 5th - and the way it happened... fuck.  We're just sitting here listening to the haters like

colbert-popcorn.gif

The greatest individual QB and coach in NFL history. We all will have to live with that for the rest of our lives. It will never happen again, at least in our lifetimes. Beautiful, ain't it? 

Now I'm just waiting for Montana to give Brady his props via a printable quote. It'll happen. Just a matter of when.

Rodgers had his chance to do the same thing literally 2 weeks earlier.  Sure, the argument could be made that the Packers defense was swiss cheese on that day (PUN INTENDED)... but it's an argument I don't care about.  If Rodgers wants a better team around him (which he should already have in looking at the salaries and cap hits for both teams), then maybe he should take a peek at Brady's salary.  Tom is superior once again.

Turd sandwich?  LOL... wow!  I do recall after both Pats/Giants Super Bowls, I came on this very site and praised the Giants.  I even said some nice things about Eli being clutch, despite him only putting up 17 and 21 points... and really getting lucky AF.  I can dig up those threads if needed.  Now Tom (Mr. GOAT) plays out of his mind and wins his 5th Super Bowl - and he gets turd sandwich?  That's a new level of Pats hate.

2 hours ago, Bodom said:

Turd sandwich?  LOL... wow!  I do recall after both Pats/Giants Super Bowls, I came on this very site and praised the Giants.  I even said some nice things about Eli being clutch, despite him only putting up 17 and 21 points... and really getting lucky AF.  I can dig up those threads if needed.  Now Tom (Mr. GOAT) plays out of his mind and wins his 5th Super Bowl - and he gets turd sandwich?  That's a new level of Pats hate.

He must have forgotten all of the drops that the Patriots receivers had as well. Also, c'mon man, you're a Niners fan who had to watch Blaine Gabbert, and I'm a Vikings fan who has had to watch Christian Ponder/Joe Webb/old Favre/Matt Cassel/Josh Freeman under center. We both know crappy QB play pretty well, and Brady through 3 quarters wasn't even close to that. 

btw, everyone in the media seems to forget that right before both of the Giant's miracle drives/plays, Brady had driven them down the field and given them the lead. So even in his two losses, Brady put his team in a position to win the game. 

if you (any body) don't think up 25 the Falcons lost - in the main - because they biffed it, you must really be some kind of rose-colored delusional.

But, hey, doesn't it feel great {like, GREATEST-EVER} to be lickin' Brady-balls and suckin' hairy P.-cock?

Feed the hype, bitches!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20160107212635/logopedia/images/thumb/f/f7/NBC_Peacock_logo_2013.svg/130px-0,596,0,352-NBC_Peacock_logo_2013.svg  thanks you for your support.

#Gizzelechyapopcornready ...................

https://i0.wp.com/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/VJa_wxYtOT7heaNZr7u7VU2PoTI=/400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7936305/AHHHHHH_IM_TOM_BRADYS_WIFE.0.gif?w=620&ssl=1

Edited by Bolt

3 minutes ago, Bolt said:

if you (any body) don't think up 25 the Falcons lost - in the main - because they biffed it, you must really be some kind of rose-colored delusional.

But, hey, doesn't it feel great {like, GREATEST-EVER} to be lickin' Brady-balls and suckin' hairy P.-cock?!?

George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

He did not look good thry 3 quarters. Turd sandwhich a little bit of exxageration. He threw a pick 6. Had another pass before half that Bennet luckily broke up. 

But if you are telling me 17-29 for 182yards and a pick six with two sacks before NE started coming back late in the third is good then I want what some of you are smoking. 

He did not look good most of the game until the defense could no longer get pressure. 

12 minutes ago, bruddog said:

He did not look good thry 3 quarters. Turd sandwhich a little bit of exxageration. He threw a pick 6. Had another pass before half that Bennet luckily broke up. 

But if you are telling me 17-29 for 182yards and a pick six with two sacks before NE started coming back late in the third is good then I want what some of you are smoking. 

He did not look good most of the game until the defense could no longer get pressure. 

Well then I guess Brady and the Pats are lucky they played the full 60 minutes and didn't call the game after 45.

4 minutes ago, Bolt said:

They can't see the obvious, bruddog.  Truth hurts they homer-vision

Nothing hurts right now.  You can go to any sports site right now and find out the truth.  Pats won.

MRW-watching-people-fail-jimmy-fallon-ea

You guys are selling swamp land and it's obvious.

The Pats' offensive line wasn't containing squat until the Falcons pass rush and DBs got gassed for being on the field for 90+ plays. Dudes should join the Pats and run some of those hills in Foxborough to keep their stamina up.

Patriots don't have Falcons' running backs, or Julio Jones. Brady won under intense pressure, a near-perfect 20+ minutes of game time, with a worse supporting crew. Did the Falcons coaches blow opportunities? You bet. Did their players not execute/Patriots D make plays? You bet.

Poor Matty Ice melted in the 4th. But Matty Ice doesn't melt unless the Pats D brings the heat.

Anyway you look at it, Patriots won more than the Falcons lost in that 60 minutes. I'm really sorry that you Pats haters have to live with this for the rest of your lives. It'll be hard, but you've got a good support system here, and we'll be sure to hold your hands throughout your 5 stages of grief.

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs