Sign in to follow this  
JimSocks13

Columbus, OH - 02/25/17 - Driven Tecmo Bowl Tournament (Tecmo Bowl)

A friend sent this tournament to me. It is the original Tecmo Bowl so I probably won't be attending but thought I'd share.

Nice prizes for the winner (32" Smart TV & NES Classic). You can read about it/sign up here:

http://staydriven.org/tecmobowltournament/

I didn't get around to posting about this tourney due to the long drive back to Omaha, and my Tecmo/RBI event the following weekend.  Of the 5 straight Tecmo Bowl tournaments I've won, this was by far the easiest.  They had a field of 32 players, and they used 8 NES mini systems.  Ran very well, and even got free food!  Pizza and chicken sandwhiches.  I was the only 1 of the Big 4 in attendance, so it was going to take a monumental effort from someone off the street to win this.  The closest anyone came to beating me was 28-6 in the semi-final game.  Won the title game 27-0, and shut it down in the 4th qtr.  1st place was a 32" vizio and a NES mini.  

Here's a pic of me with Roy Hall, the Driven foundation president.  Hall played in the NFL for a couple years with Indy and Detroit.

This is supposed to be an annual deal.  Hall is hoping to increase the turnout.  I think with their reach in the Columbus area, they can push this to perhaps 40-48 players.

driven%20champ_zps72kxfnr1.png  

I played a guy in exhibition shortly before the tourney started and won 28-0.  I thought his game was pretty decent and complimented on the stuff he did well.  I think that was message enough to the field.  He ended up reaching the championship game against me.  He was clearly one of the top players from the field, and I think he knew that, or was confident about his game coming in.  He had talked me up during the event, and the fact that I easily handled him really set the tone for the whole event.         

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By LastSuperpower
      Does anyone have access to the Tecmo Bowl Kickoff instruction manual?

I can't find any pdf's or anything through google. 
    • By chunter
      My son recently bought Madden 16 for Xbox One.  It's my first time playing it since my super Nintendo days.  I have to say the passing is really good and enjoyable.  Having a different button associated with different receivers makes alot more sense.  But, the running still feels bad.  It feels plastic-ee and laggy.  Switching directions takes too long and takes the fun out of it.
      Has anyone else gotten a taste of the dark side (newer Maddens)?  If so, what are your thoughts?
    • By chunter
      Will Koei Tecmo ever release a new version of this game for PC, Xbox or playstation?  Or is that impossible because Madden has a monopoly on the NFL license?
      One can always dream...maybe they can release a new updated game, with updated graphics and mechanics and just have an easy way to update rosters and plug in pics for the helmets?  So, people could easily put in the new NFL roster without having Koei Tecmo pay for it or deal with it?
    • By chunter
      I absolutely love this version!  Old legends plus new great players, incredible concept!  There was some serious love put into this edition.  This is the greatest version of the game I've ever played.  All my friends I've shown this to, love it.  But the first thing they ask when we play it is "Where's Bo Jackson"?
      I don't understand why he's left out.  He was the great player in the original Tecmo Bowl.  Is he a hidden player maybe?  
    • By drummer4god

View File NFL Tecmo Super Bowl 2K13
      Drummer's Tecmo Super Bowl 2K13

From Drummer:
      "This ROM is intented for MAN vs CPU / MAN vs MAN / and COA mode
      Thanks to the following people in no particular order:
      Bad_Al - TSB Tool Supreme Editor
      CX_ROM - 32-team ROM
      Jstout - various error fixes in the ROM, gameplay hacks, helmet graphics, Goodyear logo, NFLPA logo, Super Bowl Trophy on leaders screen, stats logo
      Elway - graphics (NFL Network logo, start screen, and NFL shield logo)
      Knobbe - for this wonderful Website so the Tecmo players, and Tecmo people have somewhere to keep this game alive!
      Xplozv - stats screen after each quarter
      Bruddog - for quickness for intercept hack
      To my many fans known and unknown, thanks for playing the ROM!"

GRAPHICS
      Cinema screen changed to Kapernick, Peterson, and Ray Lewis
      Menu screen is blue, text is white, and season schedule screen is grey to commemorate the world champion Giants
      Official 2012 NFL schedule
      Rookies are on teams if they are a projected starters (if player is a rookie you will see word "ROOKIE" on a shadowed face)
      2013 year implemented into menu screens
      Football has laces
      Multiple changes to in-game text ("BOUNTY!" injury screen among others)
      NFLPA Logo
      Background menu text changed from red to white
      KISS now plays Super Bowl halftime show
      Scrolling cinema text now reads "DRUMMER'S NFL 2K13"
      New ESPN logo
      New STATS INC logo
      Screen between quarters where txt was "TECMO SPORTS NEWS" now reads "NFL GAME STATS"
      Goodyear logo on blimp at halftime
      KR/PR position moved back to fix safeties in endzone on returns
      Team SIM ratings have been tweaked
      Player SIM ratings tweaked
      Team playbooks/formations tweaked
      Team jearsey colors tweaked

HACKS
      Dedicated punt and kickoff returner (players use their max speed for the return)
      Adjustable Quarter Length
      More accurate FGs
      Ability to change playbook in-game
      Ability to change quarter length
      Punt coverage boost decreased
      Dedicated fumble and interception returner (players use their max speed for the return)
      Stats screen after each quarter
      Juiced
      4-3/3-4 defense hack
      PC/PA hack
      HP hack (tweaked)
      Ultra Logic hack (cpu plays better defense)
      Quickness for interceptions (self explainatory)
      Kickoff length hack for deeper kickoffs
      Also tweaked interceptions by man controlled players. (you should get more now with a good defender)
      New opening cinema, tweaked player and team SIM code
      Buffalo Bills helmet now is white, fixed Ravens to Super Bowl Offensive Line
      Submitter drummer4god Submitted 01/15/2013 Category NFL By Year