Columbus, OH - 02/25/17 - Driven Tecmo Bowl Tournament (Tecmo Bowl)

JimSocks13

A friend sent this tournament to me. It is the original Tecmo Bowl so I probably won't be attending but thought I'd share.

Nice prizes for the winner (32" Smart TV & NES Classic). You can read about it/sign up here:

http://staydriven.org/tecmobowltournament/

• DFM changed the title to Columbus, OH - 02/25/17 - Driven Tecmo Bowl Tournament (Tecmo Bowl)
  • DFM pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DFM unpinned this topic

I didn't get around to posting about this tourney due to the long drive back to Omaha, and my Tecmo/RBI event the following weekend.  Of the 5 straight Tecmo Bowl tournaments I've won, this was by far the easiest.  They had a field of 32 players, and they used 8 NES mini systems.  Ran very well, and even got free food!  Pizza and chicken sandwhiches.  I was the only 1 of the Big 4 in attendance, so it was going to take a monumental effort from someone off the street to win this.  The closest anyone came to beating me was 28-6 in the semi-final game.  Won the title game 27-0, and shut it down in the 4th qtr.  1st place was a 32" vizio and a NES mini.  

Here's a pic of me with Roy Hall, the Driven foundation president.  Hall played in the NFL for a couple years with Indy and Detroit.

This is supposed to be an annual deal.  Hall is hoping to increase the turnout.  I think with their reach in the Columbus area, they can push this to perhaps 40-48 players.

driven%20champ_zps72kxfnr1.png  

I played a guy in exhibition shortly before the tourney started and won 28-0.  I thought his game was pretty decent and complimented on the stuff he did well.  I think that was message enough to the field.  He ended up reaching the championship game against me.  He was clearly one of the top players from the field, and I think he knew that, or was confident about his game coming in.  He had talked me up during the event, and the fact that I easily handled him really set the tone for the whole event.