davefmurray

Tecmo Madison XIII: Where are you staying?

Let's meet up! Hit this spreadsheet and enter your info. We can arrange to play TSB, swap beers and talk about life. Info will be published in this thread too!

Click here (https://goo.gl/forms/pA4YTkKGQB07040L2) or enter below:

5 hours ago, modeezie said:

I think OToole, Moskwa, myself, and others in the Tecmo Yukon will be staying at the Hampton Inn too.  It is a 5 min walk to the venue according to google maps, where as Clarion Suites is outside of downtown, from what I could tell.  

Fancy AF!! No Super 8 East? You guys have gone soft. *disappointed emoji* 

I expect this shit from @segathonsov, but not you guys. 

So what is the deal with the TVs at Hampton and Clarion? Do they know to unlock the inputs and put the things in game mode? I'm thinking a Super 8 East for myself, just not to have to deal with that business. (Plus we gotta save a spot at the Hampton for Marino, wouldn't want him to get sober on a ride to and from the motel)

So I just called all 3 recommended lodging options. Here's what I was able quickly to get:

- Hampton Inn should be OK; for all of you that have reserved there, it looks like they will have to unlock the TVs via the master controller, so ask for that when you check in. No idea of the model, beyond them being LGs.

- Clarion inputs are already unlocked. The lady at the desk didn't know the model number offhand, I may have some time to call this week when the general manager is around to get the model number (i.e. to figure out if game mode or not).

- Super 8 East is in the middle of a TV "upgrade" to flat panels. About half the building is done so far. I tried to get a sense of whether we could get the inputs unlocked, and the answer did not leave me with a warm fuzzy. However, one question we could ask - could we have them store the CRTs for us to pick up for the tournament? 8)

Sounds like I'm changing my leaning to the Clarion, although I assume I'll be transiting amongst all the buildings. I just booked flight and car for Thursday, so hopefully I shouldn't be crapping out early b/c of other fatigue on Friday night.

Maybe I should go get an xRGB mini...:?

21 hours ago, Nameless Loser said:

So I just called all 3 recommended lodging options. Here's what I was able quickly to get:

- Hampton Inn should be OK; for all of you that have reserved there, it looks like they will have to unlock the TVs via the master controller, so ask for that when you check in. No idea of the model, beyond them being LGs.

- Clarion inputs are already unlocked. The lady at the desk didn't know the model number offhand, I may have some time to call this week when the general manager is around to get the model number (i.e. to figure out if game mode or not).

- Super 8 East is in the middle of a TV "upgrade" to flat panels. About half the building is done so far. I tried to get a sense of whether we could get the inputs unlocked, and the answer did not leave me with a warm fuzzy. However, one question we could ask - could we have them store the CRTs for us to pick up for the tournament? 8)

Sounds like I'm changing my leaning to the Clarion, although I assume I'll be transiting amongst all the buildings. I just booked flight and car for Thursday, so hopefully I shouldn't be crapping out early b/c of other fatigue on Friday night.

Maybe I should go get an xRGB mini...:?

I'll call the Super.8 South. i think we.both stayed there.last year. Correct?

I'm local, so no hotel for me. I updated my info on the sheet Dave provided here. I'll probaby be off Friday afternoon and will have the area's choicest IPAs, so let's swap some brew and play some games!

Just now, Nameless Loser said:

Yes - for us, and many others, the Super 8 South was the venue of choice last year.

That was my fault. I started the rebellion. This year we should be more civilized and stay downtown. #HampStamp

I'm at the Sheraton because, well, I got a smoking* deal and I hate all of you. I'll be over at the Hampton Inn causing trouble as necessary starting Thursday.

For a non-smoking room. I am not a smoker

Edited by tecmoaz

3 hours ago, bruddog said:

Super 8    Thurs

Hampton  Fri.

Clarion     Sat.

What would it cost to sleep on the floor on the Clarion on Saturday?

My take on the venues:

Hampton Inn - way too classy and hard to get to rooms for this type of event. Swipe the badges to get up the elevator??? Is this the White House? Hedge fund HQ? 100 story skyscraper? The rooms seemed OK, but what seemed most damning to me was seeing two CRTs on tables while the room's TV was mounted up high. Maybe you guys that were staying there have a better perspective, but this just seemed like a fail to me.

Super 8 East - there was some seriously shady **** going on here. I roll into the parking lot and I see a man with dreads and a solo cup swaying back and forth. (Later I found out it was actually a woman with a family.) Then you have "contractor" vans patrolling the property, with guys randomly milling around and moving things with no particular purpose. Meanwhile, wild turkeys are rolling up to the facility and stalking the parking lot. That said, the red98sethuthut/mort/gats/brude crew got the LCD TVs working, so seemed OK. What you would expect in terms of space, we are all familiar. But don't leave your hotel swipe cards lying around, they will get lost in the shuffle.

Clarion: Sadly I didn't do my job here to test the TVs due to being too busy, but the space was way superior to either of the other two venues. Access available all throughout the night via elevator or backdoor via staircase during the day. Plus, TWO TVs in the room I had. Maybe I got comped or upgraded due to a simultaneous event and didn't notice? Would appreciate any feedback on that.