cubsfan5150

Old timers - When was the peak of online tecmo?

8 posts in this topic

I joined in 2006 and could find a game on tpc any day, any time. Things are obviously thinner now, although still enjoyable. 

When was the peak in your opinion? 

Hmm tough question to answer. Maybe somewhere in the last 3-5 years would be a good blend of (good internet connections, a lot of quality players and a good number of players in general, a large number of leagues, and good websites/tools to support the leagues) .

In sheer quantity the early 2000's had to be the king, though being gone for a solid decade, I couldn't say where quality/quantity best overlapped.

I would have loved to have start online play earlier in the 2000's.  I had done a few games from the Nesticle era, if they had Nestopia earlier it would have been interesting.

Idk, I really like the content people are putting out now - streams, commentary, plus always some good leagues going. Plus the websites and hacks are always getting better (even the hacks that don't affect gameplay, like the madison match rom and tap counter - Thanks Bru!).

When I first started in 2010 you literally had to be an established tpc player to even be considered for a league. Games anytime, Every league was jam packed with talented players not to mention the amount and pace of the leagues. I have always thought I started in a real golden era.

On 3/11/2017 at 2:50 AM, Ryan11p said:

When I first started in 2010 you literally had to be an established tpc player to even be considered for a league. Games anytime, Every league was jam packed with talented players not to mention the amount and pace of the leagues. I have always thought I started in a real golden era.

I'd agree. I started Nov. 2012, and leagues were full and plentiful, with wait lists.