How do you change the CPU difficulty?

1. Download fceux http://www.fceux.com/web/download.html

2. Open rom. 

3. From fceux menus. Debug->Hex Editor

4. From Hex Editor Menu View-> select rom file 

5. Scroll down to 0x01DF10. Type in the values you want. Each set of 5 values(byte) corresponds to # wins- # of losses. 

"

Computer Juice: x1DF10 to x1DF65

Hex Boost Order: Defensive Speed, Offensive Speed, Interception, Pass Control, Reception

Each level is decided by the team's Win/Loss Record with each win raising the level of juice. A team with 0 wins and 0 losses is the first set of numbers (also the preseason juice). A team with 1 win and 0 losses plays against the same juice as a team with 6 wins and 5 losses (the second set of numbers). Any team with 16 or more wins will play vs the final set of computer juice.

"

• 11 months later...

Hey, guys. Regarding the original game's default difficulty setting, how is it increased? Is it only determined by a team's win/loss record during a season, or is it also determined by what week it is? 

I'm asking because I've almost completed the 14 game season "1970-1977" Roms and would like to know if it matters that I don't have the majority of week one games start in week 4 instead. Please advise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Bruddog, I'm not sure if I understand how this works. See below for example...

If I were to copy and paste the juice codes (starting with x1DF1A) so that a 2-0 win/loss record will begin at week 1, and then copy and paste the last five hexes so that 16 wins are the same as 14, will a 14 game schedule play like it was a 16 game schedule? Or will this setting mess with the game later in the season? Also, the last five hexes (03 04 06 09 09), is that the difficulty setting for playoff games? I didn't see anyone here mention that they are. Please advise.

example:

5a62a4de1cff3_difficultychangeTSB.thumb.png.1326aad2fe691b02878d2da642b73248.png 

Edited by fgqb#19nyj