Lewis County, WA - 03/11/17 - Cascadia F*cking Tecmo League: Season Zero

manYo

***COMMUNIQUE OF THE REVOLUTIONARILY HIGH COMMAND #1***
Diatribes, Declarations… and a few Updates

My brothers, the Tecmo Revolution… is HERE.  You will not be able to stay home, brother.  You will not be able to plug in via the internet, connect virtually to an opponent, and feel like you’ve “done good battle.”  The Tecmo Revolution will not be sponsored by tecmobowl.org.  The Revolution will not be hosted in the darkest corner of your local sports bar.  The Revolution will not be live-streamed, and sure as shit, brother, you should know RIGHT NOW that the Revolution will not be played on ANYTHING less than the finest cathode ray tubes and OEM equipment.  The Tecmo Revolution will not be plotted on a spreadsheet or probability table, for the Tecmo Revolution, my brothers, is undeniably and irrevocably what it is and always has been: THE TRUTH.  The Revolution aint no noob run-around, mashing buttons or back-and-B’ing….. the Revolution will be LIVE, aint no place for that bullshit!  My brothers, the Tecmo Revolution will NOT be televised, for the Tecmo Revolution… is HERE.

• ·        ROLL CALL: White Tick, Kamphuna, DT and MadManyo… all we got, all we need.  Last week, e-mails were sent out to several prospective CFT-members in northern Cascadia, but none of them have replied with even a “no thanks” so it must be assumed they are LOST in the hot mazes… fuck em, the Revolution rolls on.  Next I will focus my recruiting on the grimy nooks and crannies of backwater Lewis County… I know they’re out there, I just got to face the arduous task and dig em out.

• ·        CFT #1 on March 11: Count on it, hell or high water.  Tourney will start at either 3 or 3:30pm, and shouldn’t go too deep into the evening.  In Centralia, but if any of you want me to bring it up north I got no problem with that.  We are going to do the salary cap idea for OG TSB… next week I’ll post the procedures for drafting and submitting your team, as well as determine the salary cap (90? 100? suggestions requested).  We will play a season, upload our game stats to dynastyphile, give glory to the gods, the usual… but also, and in my mind more importantly, get some LIVE input (and voting) on the direction of the CFT from this point forward.  Bring all your wildest ideas to the table.  On my end, I will draft a League Constitution, and we can haGGle out or ratify the ideas therein, as necessary.  The BASE CADRE will be formalized and mobilized as we grease these burgeoning wheels of Tecmo Revolution.

• ·        <OFFICIAL> ANNOUNCEMENT: The April 1 PNWTC6 will be the FINAL non-CFT tournament conducted by @gomanyo360… all future tournaments involving him in a coordinator capacity will be run under the CFT flag, and no other…… CASCADIA FUCKING TECMO: stomp terra, and death to the robotz.

@kamphuna8 @Tick @DT. (and... @XtraLargent?)

Please vote on what the salary cap should be: $85, $100, or $115?
(If someone thinks the choices should be different, by all means make your case... I haven't thought it out in absolute detail.)

When you look at the salary cap spreadsheet (linked at bottom of first post in this thread), the far right column shows the sum of all the values for each row... so as you can see, $85 gets you a bit below middling, $100 would be about the middle, and $115 allows you a few luxury purchases.

Some notes about the spreadsheet and rosters:

• For this tournament, you will not be allowed to re-align your defensive players or OL... they must stay in their OG alignments.  QB/RB/WR/TE of course can be moved around, so long as they follow standard game rules for rushing the ball, etc.
  • And not sure what to do with kickers and punters, since they are not on the spreadsheet... perhaps give everyone a 50-kicker and punter?  Suggestions accepted...
  • "WR" includes TEs.
  • Injuries may or may not be a part of this tournament... I have to look into the possibility.  There will not be carryover condition changes, as dynastyphile does not support it (I think).

Edited by manYo

An attempt to summarize some of the ideas proposed in the first congressional congress of Cascadia FUCKING Tecmo yesterday on Discord:

• LONG-TERM LEAGUE FORMAT IDEAS:
    • "1960 Dynasty Mode" --- We each control one franchise; we draft our players from 1960 NFL/AFL rosters; we play 10-game regular season w/ 2-round playoffs (~7 hour tourney "season"); before the playoffs begin we roll for the next season's stat gains (w/ kamp as Gains Guru); during the post-tourney "offseason," via the league website we draft rookies, make trades, acquire free agents, etc.; basic overall format similar to NTF (http://tecmo.us/ntf/main/main.php)
      • UP FOR REVISION: Whether or not we mix the AFL/NFL players and play inter-conference games (which NFL did not do until 1970, other than the Super Bowls beginning 1966).
    • "1977 Full-Beef NFL SImulation Mode" --- We each control 2-5 franchises, starting around 1977, w/ each team consisting of its historical NFL roster, and player ratings aligned to each player's actual performance from that season; we play full schedules, with each "season" being completed over the course of multiple league sessions (unknown length of each tourney session).
    • other proposals???
  • SHORT-TERM LEAGUE FORMAT IDEAS:
    • "OG TSB Salary Cap" --- We draft players from the original TSB using a salary cap spreadsheet... play a season.
    • "OG TSB Team Draft" --- We do a draft for all of the original TSB teams, then roll to see which team we control... play a season.
    • other proposals???

• CALENDAR SCHEDULING IDEAS: We are all in basic agreement that we don't want to play (or should severely limit, at the least) any seasons/sessions during real football season.  Also, rules and procedures will be put in place to account for owner absences, voting to re-schedule any seasons/sessions, etc.
    • "JANUARY TO JUNE" --- We play one season/session on the 3rd Saturday of each month from January to June.
    • other proposals???

All of the above proposals are in the draft stage... feel free to propose new ideas or revisions to the above.  Discord chat is probably the best way right now, but here works as well.

Cascadia Fucking Tecmo League <update>:

• CHECK OUT THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD for Calendar Updates and other info.  From this point forward, this tborg thread will primarily be intended by myself for releasing {official} CFT news and updates, as well as functioning as an Info Center (mainly via constant updates of the first post) including such details as each season's schedule, league documents, etc.  For more detailed back and forth within the League, The CFT Discord Chat Room is currently the happening place for things of that nature.
  •  Development of the League Website is in preliminary discussions with brookston fowler... more info released as it is realized.
  • Tecmo Gods Uber Alles!

12 hours ago, segathonsov said:

I would like to open a Cascadia Fucking Tecmo League in MN.  What are the Franchise Fees?

You may have to check with Mad Manyo, but I believe the price is a keg of Spotted Cow, a football helmet filled with cottage cheese, and nude photos of Bea Arthur

• DFM changed the title to Lewis County, WA - 03/11/17 - Cascadia F*cking Tecmo League: Season Zero
  • DFM pinned this topic

Season Zero Teams

CHIEFS1 MadManyo leads the Chiefs with his usual rowdy band of high falutin' on and off field escapades. The field general of the Chiefs is none other than John Elway, wheelz and dealz will be forthcoming from the Stanford man, who will be airing it out to the likes of the Black MaJJik Rabbit Stephone Paige and JJ, yes J.J. Birden. Even some matchbox 20 representation with sir Thomas of Robb. Emmitt will be doing the durty work on the tecmo gridiron for the Chiefs and when certain conditions dictate, Smith will be rotated out for High Smith. Tommie Agee looks to be in the mix too, however he has been forbidden from doing his skill set of Tight End duties. The Chiefs are no slouch when playing defense either, as James Francis looks to wreck running plays and FG attempts galore in this Season zero, all the while, the Fulchenator will be roaming the airways and blocking the runways with his unique skill set of skullduggery.

SEAHAWKS1 DT has his high flying 'Hawks, led by Mr. Personality Steven De Berg. Emmitt Smith will be toting the rock for the Seahawks this season, and I doubt we see any High Smith carries cuz DT don't swing like that. Seattle does sport the tandem of Killah Kane and Brian Cutty Blades to haul in those sweet De Berg Dimes. On that Tight End, Give him Hell Heller and Travis "Micky" McNeal will take turns holding it down. Tim "The Tat Man" Harris will combine with Charles "THE" Mann to pucker up the running lanes while Not so Easy Eddie Anderson will channel his inner Shy Ronnie with his speed and hitting ability. The rest of the Seahawk Secondary is all Legion of Gloom, with Hard up Harden, Hands McDaniel and Hands Across Washington's speedy yet slippery ways. Looks like the special teams for the Hawks will be replete with some Waggishness as well.

COWBOYS1 The Cowboys will be turbo powered for season zero in CFT, led by the Turbo Gun of Billy Joe Tolliver, who will be zippin the pigskin to the likes of the PL88MAKER and K-Mart, while all world, and not Czech Jay Novacek will add his unique dual ability to block AND catch with authority. Craig will lead the way running, Roger Craig that is, and he's got a couple of friendos able to jump in if necessary in Dexter "Us" Carter and Harry 'the Horrible" Sydney, and that other unique double threat of blocking and catching, Tom "You Will Feel My" Rathman. The Cowboys sport what should be the most sturdy of defenses in CFT season zero, with Howie "Cumma" Long and Greg "On the" Townsend joining with Bob "You Should" Golic manning the trenches, Charles "Brown and" Haley, Matt "Thanks a" Millen will aid the cause and Romanohomonowski will be wreckin things in the kicking game. On the back end, Louis "Buffalo Ridah" Oliver and Jarvis "Canes Lightning" Williams look to hold up their end of their bargain.

BENGALS1 The Elusive White Tick leads a Bengal attack helmed by Kenny O and Tony E to the most lethal WRs in the league, L-Oh- Ellard and They Call him FLIPPER! Manning the Tightest of Ends is Hot Lips Holohan. The Bengal running attack is no slouch either with Ernest "Ball Security" Byner and KB of the USFL leading a righteous attack. Safe to say White Tick's offense will be the most "Potent" in all of #Lewis County come Saturday. On D, the Bengals will be led by ALL WORLD LB Jessie "Tuggie" Tuggle, and those Miamah boys Jarvis, Oliver, McKyer and Brown LLC.

RAIDERS1 The B Wagg and his XtraLargentness will be sporting a brand new dog running their show. Q Beagles cost a pretty penny, and he'll be running for his life here and there with the Grimy Tampa Hog Squad standing between him and the oncomers. Q Beagles has the Mack Attack going for him, and Eric Metcalf will chip in on the gridiron as well. Eric Martin "E" will be called upon to bring in his own Johnny Johnsian legendary hidden stats to help the Raidahs stretch the field. On D, Walter , er, William White and ALL WORLD LB Jessie Tuggle will try to plug the dyke the best they can.

The hype match of the season is of course is the "Tug Of War" between the Bengals and Raiders, both featuring the legendary Jessie Tuggle heading up the LB core.... Both owners when initially viewing the salary cap were like "Okay so Jessie Tuggle and the Falcons LBs, done. Now what can we build AROUND that...."

Regular season round robin is in the books.

1) Seahawks 4-0

2) Cheeefs 3-1

3) Cowboys 2-2

4) Bengals 1-3

5) Raiders 0-4

My Hawks await winner of Bengals-Raiders. 2 plays 3 on the other side of the bracket. 

Season Zero.

Upset city! My Bengals upset DT's Seahawks and then Kamp's Cowboys for the win! Highlight in the championship game was me thinking I was down 14-13 instead of up 14-13 and trying to kick a field goal with 10 seconds left. Was blocked, but my kicker Ric Flair picked it up and the game ended. I give my MVP to Henry Ellard, who JJ'd his way into my heart and into everyone else's nightmares.

18 hours ago, madmanyo360 said:

its on... just waiting on ya to bug me a little more about it... thread and email tomorrow!

actually i got no time for this shit... doubt this will be a big suprise to many of you, but I am DONE with the STRESS which is organizing TECMO (cft, pnwtc, etc.)..... I tried to create something for you guys that would last (CFT) before I bounced, which I knew was coming, but real life and my family are way more important to me---today, and forever---and I'm not confident anymore CFT was gonna take off anyway (but gl, give it a try if you guys want)..... I'm done, organizing and playing.......... last words: FUCK IT, I'M OUT!

{manyo360, RIP: 2011-2017}

PS--DT you still got two options for the Everdrive; Kamp I sent you a text about what to do, I hope Brookston and Bruddog can be fairly compensated with some of the proceeds, but up to you

3 hours ago, madmanyo360 said:

actually i got no time for this shit... doubt this will be a big suprise to many of you, but I am DONE with the STRESS which is organizing TECMO (cft, pnwtc, etc.)..... I tried to create something for you guys that would last (CFT) before I bounced, which I knew was coming, but real life and my family are way more important to me---today, and forever---and I'm not confident anymore CFT was gonna take off anyway (but gl, give it a try if you guys want)..... I'm done, organizing and playing.......... last words: FUCK IT, I'M OUT!

PS--DT you still got two options for the Everdrive; Kamp I sent you a text about what to do, I hope Brookston and Bruddog can be fairly compensated with some of the proceeds, but up to you

Our years are identical...

I'll carry the torch, but it won't happen as fast and the madman will be pursued (or persecuted? lol)

My focus next is to try and ensure how to get this merger thing working.

22 hours ago, madmanyo360 said:

So it's off???  This sounds like a quote from someone who is experiencing a bad case of the Mondays :)

• DFM unpinned this topic

Manyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You Tournament cancelin' sum' b!tch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You're the Commishoner of the NW Faction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That title is a heavy burden, but someone has to hold the cross on his shoulders!!!  Ask yourself this...what would Mountain Man Jack Johnson do???  I think you already know the answer...

Edited by ~Tailback King~

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2017 at 3:36 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

Manyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You Tournament cancelin' sum' b!tch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You're the Commishoner of the NW Faction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That title is a heavy burden, but someone has to hold the cross on his shoulders!!!  Ask yourself this...what would Mountain Man Jack Johnson do???  I think you already know the answer...

July 9 in Grit City. Can you make it?