Sign in to follow this  
Bolt

4 Weeks to go, Who you got?

Immediately my gut said take the Falcons +3 last Sunday night.  Then, I thought about Bill and Tom and how dreamy cool they are then I flipped to Patriots win by 3.  Now, today is the day, I'm feeling like the Falcons thump them and blow them out.  I hope I'm wrong.  Go Patriots.  Best Coach and QB ever.  BUT when the #1 scoring defense makes it to the Superbowl they win 13 of last 17.  When the #1 scoring defense runs into the #1 scoring offense in the Superbowl the defensive team has won 5 of 6.  So, Patriots should win.

Jason "Clap Happy" Garrett winning coach of the year is a travesty.  13-3, 0-1, says it all.

Princeton IDIOT.  Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, repeat.

Edited by fatcheerleader

^ That "Clap Happy" slappy is a coaching cheerleader, I'm tellin' you. :wink:

20 hours ago, Bolt said:

6:30 PM e.t., N.E vs. ATL

My Ship-pick might need a flotation device: but if you never sail the narrow passageway, you never get to the North Pole ... And Matty needs his ICE !!!!!

Leaders from the CC round, were;

2-0 @TecmoSuperFan, @bruddog, @Matty Ice, and @Maynard_G_Krebs

------------------------------------------------------

followed by 1-1 @davefmurray, @buck, and iBolt

------------------------------------------------------

And Bodom remains a mystery.

1 hour ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Pick coming later. But let me say that anyone who picks the Falcons over the Patriots is a f*cking sucker who has bought into the hype.

it sounds like you're still debating being a f*cking sucker. ;)

Okay, bitches. Let's escape from doing the thorough analysis and hit the key points.

The Pats have been there, done that. The Falcons DBs are like 12 years old. Tom brady is going to tool on them all night long, following it up with LeGarette runs up the middle, in addition to the typical crafty plays.

The Pats are playing for history.

The Pats are going to win. I was worried about the Pats when they played Seattle. I am not worried about this game.

I'm so not worried that I could see this game being close to over by the 3rd quarter.

With Tom Brady and the Hoodie playing for history, you can BANK on them winning this game and becoming the best at their roles in NFL history.

SPREAD two team teaser ATL +9 under 64.  

STRAIGHT UP: Forced to pick only the winner I think NE offense vs inexperienced ATL defense is the main edge in this one. PRobably would take a couple turnovers to shift the edge to 

Definitely curious to see how ATL attacks the Pat's D in this game. I expect NE to run their standard offense for the most part unless they get a big lead where they will probably pound blount to kill clock. 

Brady's showing his age.

However, his Mom's going through some problems, so I won't be too mean.  < I mean that

edit:  However, Krebs, let me just say that it's only half-time, and if anybody can come back, Brady can.

Edited by Bolt

It appears the Patriots struggle the most in the Super Bowl when they must carry the burden of history on their shoulders.  Though nobody in their right mind would have predicted a Super Bowl blowout against the Patriots.  The only person I can think of that objectively predicted a blowout was Rush Limbaugh, and even then, he leaned more towards the Patriots due to said history (although he did mention that the Falcons definitely matched up well against the Patriots).

Looks like Matt Ryan will be the very first player since Kurt Warner to win both the League MVP and Super Bowl MVP in the same season--18 years ago.  Also the first time since the 1999 St. Louis Rams to feature a team that would win both a League MVP and a Super Bowl in the same season.

Edit:  And just a heads up, no, I do not have a dog in this fight.  This is the first football game that I've got around to watching in well over a month.  And it shows; all the politics involved with this game is ruining any reason that I care to have in it.  I skipped the opening ceremonies and the Half Time show since I had no patience with that kind of crap.  I'm only watching the game because the Patriots historically have given us incredible Super Bowls, win or lose (well, mostly win because over half of their Super Bowl losses heading into this game were routs, but still; Tom Brady and Bill Belichick usually equals great Super Bowls win or lose).

But it's not over yet.

Edited by Mike Gordan

3 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Guys... guys. Go easy on me. It's halftime and my soul hurts.

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

edit:  However, Krebs, let me just say that it's only half-time, and if anybody can come back, Brady can.

should I have been so kind? :-)

39 minutes ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

GOAT.

Deep down, we all knew that when Brady got the ball in overtime that the game was over. 

I knew it.

You knew it.

My now pissed-off neighbors who are Falcons fans knew it.

Roger Goodell knew it. 

And it was amazing.