Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BO FB Offtackle Left

Luke Kuechly injury

7 posts in this topic

That injury was bizarre, I've never seen a player crying and struggling to breathe like Kuechly.  Thought he blew out a knee, rather than concussion.  Wouldn't surprise me if he retires, I would if I were him...  Take your money and bail before your brain is gone.

how in the heck did that slow-ass collision to Luke's chest cause a concussion?  didn't even get hit in the head.  what the heck

he had to have been previously injured/concussed on a play or two before.  

otherwise, there is a chance it was just steroid/PED side effects.

but really, no way that particular play cause a concussion.

11 minutes ago, buck said:

how in the heck did that slow-ass collision to Luke's chest cause a concussion?  didn't even get hit in the head.  what the heck

Actually he did, but it didn't look like much.  What happened was his own teammate (LB Thomas Davis) hit him helmet-to-helmet in the back of the head at the end of the play (after Hightower hit him in the facemask, then chest).

Edited by rmm1976

When I saw that game I thought he was upset at the prospect of missing more games a second year in a row or possibly leaving the sport due to a second concussion . I have seen different interpretations ranging from the article above to people making fun of him for crying.. who really knows what was going on there.  This Instagram is from Friday where he seems to be feeling OK.

0SkWb7i.jpg

14 hours ago, buck said:

but really, no way that particular play cause a concussion.

I thought he broke his sternum at first.  Then, figured it was a concussion as instant tears, brought on by confusion and disorientation, is a common occurrence.  I teach PE and right now have 8 kids on concussion protocol.  I am on the fence with this issue.  I do think it's over diagnosed by also think in the past we didn't address the issue properly.  Former Redskins TE Chris Cooley has a DC am radio and his thought was that Luke knew it was a concussion and that the tears and drama that unfolded were his instant realization that his career may be in jeopardy.  I agree.  On a side note, hey trainers, throw a damn towel over his head already and cover that up asap.

Edited by fatcheerleader