(NES) NCAA: TSB 2017

Baron von Lector

NCAA: TSB 2017

After what seemed like endless delays, Tecmo Super Bowl: NCAA 2017 is finally here!

As seen in the screen-shots, each team has its helmet included on their respective Team Data and Versus screens.

If you recently downloaded my 2016 version of this ROM, you might find that this one is a little more finely tuned.  Ratings and simdata have been fine-tuned so that end-of season leaders are reflected accurately vis-a-vis their real-life counterparts.

In keeping with accuracy, the schedule has been reduced to 12 games, with the final week before the playoffs being set as "Rivalry Week."

The lineup of teams is 96.875% identical (to 2016), with the only difference being the inclusion of Houston, replacing Kansas State.

There are 32-teams in this ROM.  The 32 teams are divided into the following eight conferences (Note: I took the liberty to "realign" some of the conferences):

ACC

Pittsburgh

Clemson

Florida State

Miami

SEC East

Florida

Missouri

Georgia

South Carolina

SEC West

Auburn

Texas A&M

Alabama

Louisiana State

All-American

Louisville

Virginia Tech

Syracuse

Notre Dame

Big 10

Ohio State

Michigan

Nebraska

Wisconsin

Big 12

Oklahoma State

Oklahoma

Baylor

Houston

Pac 12

UCLA

Southern Cal

Stanford

Oregon

Big 10/12

Iowa

Michigan State

Penn State

Texas

Enjoy!

@JAGSRULE12 - It's not likely to happen this year.  2018 is a possibility.  I laid the groundwork last year by adding the Washington Wizards and Oklahoma City Thunder logos into the game, so maybe somebody else might take on the project.  In fact, I'm going on a minor ROM hiatus until the start of the baseball season in which I will be releasing RBI Baseball 2017.

4 hours ago, Baron von Lector said:

@JAGSRULE12 - It's not likely to happen this year.  2018 is a possibility.  I laid the groundwork last year by adding the Washington Wizards and Oklahoma City Thunder logos into the game, so maybe somebody else might take on the project.  In fact, I'm going on a minor ROM hiatus until the start of the baseball season in which I will be releasing RBI Baseball 2017.

No worries! I love your roms. Keep up the great work!

On 11/18/2016 at 6:22 PM, JAGSRULE12 said:

I been trying to find TNBA manager and can't seem to find it anywhere. Any ideas of where to find it? Emuware seemed like the only place to get it.

This one is hard to find.  I have a copy of it on my computer that I just uploaded to my website: BaronROMs.Wordpress.com.  It's in the Downloads section at the bottom in the Tools section.

EDIT:  All this talk of Tecmo NBA... Yeah, I think I'll put out a ROM for this year.  Gonna have to do some logo work as some of the logos are severely outdated (Knicks, Nets), or ugly (my OKC).

EDIT2:  Meh, disregard.  I'm not going to make an NBA2K17, but I might fix the logos, anyways, for future work (by myself or others).

Edited by Baron von Lector

I love the cover!  He's the 2016 QB Eagles.   I remember an old thread somewhere when you were pushing for Cuse to be added and got laughed at.  I'm glad you got them in and on the cover of your NCAA TB rom!  And, I'm happy I'm not the only NCAA fan on the site.  ;-]

21 hours ago, fatcheerleader said:

I love the cover!  He's the 2016 QB Eagles.   I remember an old thread somewhere when you were pushing for Cuse to be added and got laughed at.  I'm glad you got them in and on the cover of your NCAA TB rom!  And, I'm happy I'm not the only NCAA fan on the site.  ;-]

Thank you.  That's one of the benefits of being a modder, is that I can add whatever teams I feel like.  lol  You are correct on the QB Eagles comparison... I rated him as a Bo Jackson/QB Eagles hybrid player.  He can run and take a hit, as well.

cool rom overall, a little on the exaggerated high ratings side, but I can live with it since it's a college rom.  really good graphics/presentation.

one thing that bothers me about this rom - is that the playbooks are all wack.  For one example, you have teams with a fleaflicker pass but no corresponding run, among other things.  I think every team I played with had a bad playbook.

for a truly complete rom, you need default playbooks that make sense for every team. 

1 hour ago, buck said:

cool rom overall, a little on the exaggerated high ratings side, but I can live with it since it's a college rom.  really good graphics/presentation.

Thank you for the input.  As far as the ratings go, they're no more exaggerated than the original TSB.  In fact, every player was modeled after existing TSB players (with a minor tweak here or there).  For example, Leonard Fournette's ratings look eerily similar to Christian Okoye's, Christian McCaffrey is modeled after Bo Jackson, and Lamar Jackson is a slightly stronger Randall Cunningham, Amba Etta-Tawo is similar to Jerry Rice, etc.  I created a scaling system of ratings based on the existing players.