Sign in to follow this  
Baron von Lector

(NES) NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017

NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017

This is NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017!

Using the original Tecmo Bowl (not Tecmo Super Bowl), this ROM consists of 32 NCAA football schools.  I used a few different criteria when determining which of the 120+ teams to use in this game, from historical reputation (i.e. Notre Dame, Alabama), TB.org community interest (i.e. Syracuse, Purdue), recent success (i.e. Boise St., Oregon), and the military academies. 

Using the original Tecmo Bowl's ratings as a template, the players were rated based on 2015 season statistics, 2016 partial season statistics, various Heisman watch websites, and other sources.

Rosters, ratings, home/away uniforms, cutscenes, and other small details were updated to ensure this is as authentic of an NCAA experience as this 8-bit simulation can provide.

Aside from teams selection (as I'm sure not everybody will agree with my selections), if there are any glaring errors, please bring them to my attention.

Enjoy!

cover.png

I haven't played through the season yet, but if Lamar Jackson, Dalvin Cook, Jalen Hurd, and others are moving like this in exhibition, YIKES!! I wasn't ready!! We may have a new rival for most unstoppable video game character.

I played with Georgia and found that QB 'Jason Eason' should be "Jacob Eason." I caught a pick-6 with 97 Atkins, and his first name should be spelled 'Jon' instead of 'John.'

Rom is dope!

On 10/13/2016 at 10:10 AM, chrittycren said:

I played with Georgia and found that QB 'Jason Eason' should be "Jacob Eason." I caught a pick-6 with 97 Atkins, and his first name should be spelled 'Jon' instead of 'John.'

Rom is dope!

Thank you for your kind words and corrections.

An updated version of the ROM with the corrections implemented will be uploaded sometime Monday.

4 hours ago, CoachMac said:

#1 I Love this rom!

Great job!

#2 What do you use to edit the 32 team TB roms?

The TB editor on the downloads page only works with 12 team roms.

Thank you for your kind words.  I used the FCEUX emulator's on-board hex editor (and TheFes75's hacking documentation) to work on the ROM.