TFO 2017: Welcoming Suggestions

TheRaj

Hey all!

A few months back I was able to complete my 4th Season of Tecmo Fantasy Owners (TFO). For those who may not know what TFO it is basically a hacked TSB league where "football owners" create their teams at the beginning of the season through an RPG like form (salary capped), and then during the season the CPU controls all the action. I post all the games through our YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/TFOFootball/playlists) over the 17 Week Season and 6 Week Post-Season. If you want more information on TFO check us our at our website (http://tfofootball.weebly.com/).

ANYWAY: so I am returning for SEASON FIVE on February 2017. I have some ideas and plans but wanted to see if any of you TecmoBowl.Org peeps have some ideas or hacks that would work in this format.

Currently the 2016 ROM is online here at TecmoBowl.Org. The file is attached below. It has the following hacks added to the game:

• --KR Glitch Fixed (now returns at player's speed)
  • --PR Glitch Fixed (now returns at player's speed)
  • --Pass Accuracy Glitch Fixed (Stat now works)
  • --COM QB Intelligence (COM will attempt to throw to an 'open' receiver when passing)
  • --Pass Defense Increased (Coverage increased on all pass plays - makes DEF select Pass Def on all Pass Plays)
  • --End of 2nd/4th Field Goal (set to "> 25 seconds")
  • --Punt Team Speed Reduction (Punt Team gets 1/2 speed boost from original TSB)
  • --Run Playbook Swapped (Some plays in the Run Playbook are in different slots. Allows for 3 QB Sneaks, or 4 RB2 Runs)

So Im asking for your help and advice. What hacks or ideas should I add to make the game to make it "fairer" for the human players. Remember this is an all CPU League so the Owners are forced to watch and cannot control their players other than when they submit their roster.

Let me know what you guys think. I know some of my owners are "learning the system" and without making changes each year its easy for someone to continually dominate. I want to make it a fair and fun experience for all my players.

Let me know and SEE YOU NEXT TECMO!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2016 at 10:24 PM, joelcsuh said:

I would recommend increasing injuries. A lot of these teams have no depth, and it would make the game more challenging if they had to have capable backups.

I think injuries could increase slightly. I think I could also require a certain amount of points for backups aswell. Alot of teams skimp out on their backups in hopes of making their starts better (risk vs reward). Works nice until they suffer an injury :-/ But I like and understand the need for more depth so I appreciate the comment and will look into balancing that in the upcoming season.