DT.

Portland, OR - 01/28/17 - Johnny Johnson in the Beaver

101 posts in this topic

This is still goin down fo sheez. Just gotta put in a little WORK to get it lined up right. Like Manyo says, it's not really Tecmo season until Football season is over. Make sure you holler if you want in for Blazers-Grizz the night before. Welcome to the LIST GoBlue84.

And for TBK cause I know he loves it- You suck. The Cards suck. Johnny J is just run of the mill. Portland State is whack. Neil Lomax was a system QB. Washington is better than Oregon in every conceivable way. Two months until you can lick my chode. BE READY.

Edited by DT.

20 hours ago, DT. said:

This is still goin down fo sheez. Just gotta put in a little WORK to get it lined up right. Like Manyo says, it's not really Tecmo season until Football season is over. Make sure you holler if you want in for Blazers-Grizz the night before. Welcome to the LIST GoBlue84.

And for TBK cause I know he loves it- You suck. The Cards suck. Johnny J is just run of the mill. Portland State is whack. Neil Lomax was a system QB. Washington is better than Oregon in every conceivable way. Two months until you can like my chode. BE READY.

and this P-Town tourney gonna be one helluva kickoff to the 2017 season of PNW tecmo, the gods willl be much pleased!!!  I got 3 tourneys lined up ready to go, I'll release the details down the road soon, but SAVE THE DATES right now if you wanna:

• February 18: PNWTL S1 -- The inaugural season of the PNW Tecmo League.  8-man league, salary cap draft your own team, play a season with full saved stats, have a say in what we do Season 2.  (SITE: Centralia, WA @ Coffin Corner)
  • March 11: Mayhem 7: "An Ode to the Tecmo Gods" -- 16-man tourney, an original format never heard of before in the annals of tecmo tourneys, an ultimate nod to the tecmo gods. (SITE: Centralia, WA @ Tecmo Dojo)
  • April 1: PNWTC6 -- THE Pacific Northwest Tecmo CHAMPIONSHIP... and a week before the World Championships in Madtown USA. (SITE: probably Centralia, WA @ Tecmo Dojo... but subject to change based on number of participants.)

On 12/2/2016 at 4:27 PM, DT. said:

And for TBK cause I know he loves it- You suck. The Cards suck. Johnny J is just run of the mill. Portland State is whack. Neil Lomax was a system QB. Washington is better than Oregon in every conceivable way. Two months until you can like my chode. BE READY.

Fool.............you better just pray I use PHX when I play against you, because with a formitable team with more than just a SUPERSTAR Tailback, yo a$$ would be grass, and get smoked quicker than a bowl of Seattle's finest stuffed in Manyo's glass water pipe.  INFACT, if we play, and I win the dice roll vs you, I'ma picc the 9ers Giants matchup and then see how you fair.....I'm pretty confident that what ever team you picc, I'll put my size 12 and a half foot in the a$$ of.

OK. We got a venue secured. It's Concordia Ale House,  3276 NE Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97211

http://www.concordia-ale.com/

My cousin works there and the menu and beer list looks robust as hell. Money.

I am about to really go into ramp-it-up mode. If you have expressed interest in this event or have at any point been a factor on the scene before, I am going to track you down and try to determine your factorship. Feel free to save me the trouble by messaging me on here your email address, if you have any systems, cartridges, tvs you can bring to the party, and if you want to hit up the hoopz the night before.

We got one month to turn this bitch the fuck up. Beating just Gripsmoke and Ted is kinda boring to me. I want more legit players in the mix. Bring the heat. 2017: Year of Tecmo.

DT, 

Count me in for the tourney on the 28th in Portland. Do we have an official start time? I look forward to some new competition.

Supersonics

I'm sure it will be 11 am, though if everyone is willing and able, we could push it up to 10. If you haven't already, be sure to message me your email address so we can coordinate these matters.

Suuuuuuuper.... Where's the Blazers crew at? (crickets)

10 hours ago, DT. said:

OK. We got a venue secured. It's Concordia Ale House,  3276 NE Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97211

http://www.concordia-ale.com/

My cousin works there and the menu and beer list looks robust as hell. Money.

I am about to really go into ramp-it-up mode. If you have expressed interest in this event or have at any point been a factor on the scene before, I am going to track you down and try to determine your factorship. Feel free to save me the trouble by messaging me on here your email address, if you have any systems, cartridges, tvs you can bring to the party, and if you want to hit up the hoopz the night before.

We got one month to turn this bitch the fuck up. Beating just Gripsmoke and Ted is kinda boring to me. I want more legit players in the mix. Bring the heat. 2017: Year of Tecmo.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ted, Grip.........did he just say smackin' the $#!t outta you two is kinda boring to him??????????......Ha ha Ha ha Ha!!!!!!!!!  I know ya'll ain't gonna take that $#!t.

I guess the reigning King is Peter "Moonwalk" Kerins aka Some Guy. Gripsmoke won one before that, but all that respect got erased like Charles Barkley rejecting a weak layup by a poor showing in Seattle.

The NW throne is more wide open then Steve Largent streaking down the sideline right now.... And if the amount of spirit shown by the other contenders on this message board is any indication of the lust for the throne, best get ready to live under my ruthless reign.

I think you guy's are ALL scared and nervous, and don't know what to expect when ya gotta play THE Tailback King in his home town...I'd be scared too...many of you will be collecting L's.

Welcome to the party Cervin, not to be confused with George Gervin... Added to the list!

I am in and looking forward to this!!! Should be an awesome time. Have hit the books hard after pac rim...looking to make a better showing for my 2nd tourney! 

I'm not coming unless you change that flyer to Kevin Duckworth

Hello,

I'm Ryan. Ive always wanted to play someone really good. I never really lost in HS or College, and there's no online play so I've always been curious. 

Which game is it? I have all three but I'm assuming it's super tecmo for original 8-bit system? I can bring the cartridge but my gaming system is some bizarre purple colored thing from india and the controllers are pure garbage. I don't have an old school picture tube TV either - I've noticed that's what other tourneys use exclusively.

My email is riverhawk44@hotmail.com please send me any details I need to know. I'm vaguely familiar with the rules, and if you're using the same rules as other tourneys I'm sure I can google those.

Im excited. I really want to play someone good who should shit stomp me.

Cheers

Let's juice this forum up with a little list action, perhaps spark some debate....

DT's Top 10 Greatest Seahawks

10. Matt Hasselbeck. Gets the edge over Krieg and Zorn for his leadership and consistency. Favorite memories of the Hassler are his zeal for blocking and tackling as well as spinning the rock downfield to the likes of Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson.

9. Kam Chancellor. The embodiment of the Legion of Boom. The NFL annals are full of bone-crushing safeties but Kam is amongst the best of em. His hit on Demarryius Thomas set the tone for what followed in the Super Bowl trouncing of Denver.

8. Kenny Easley. Veterans comittee has this beast defensive back on the HOF ballot. Good. Easley was a big, fast, heady safety who made plays all over the field and racked up impressive stats in his brief career. Would have been Fulcher-esque, had he been on Tecmo.

7. Walter Jones. Big Walt wasn't much for training camp. He just showed up on Sunday and obliterated everything in front of him, leading the charge for some of the most productive offenses of his day. Has a daughter named Waleria and a son named Walterius.

6. Cortez Kennedy. A treetrunk of a man, Cortez had a long and distinguished career. Defensive POY award on a 2-14 team just a mind-blowing achievement. 14 sacks and 92 tackles that season... That's astonishing numbers for a d-tackle.

5. Earl Thomas. We pretty much never see this dude's work on TV. He is off camera, putting a shield over the entire pass defense. Numbers seem to support he is amongst the best ever at doing that. Plus he's got that fire. Come back for more Earl.

4. Richard Sherman. An outstanding player without question, but Sherm gets the nod over his fellow Seahawk standouts because as a long time Seattle fan, I waited my whole life for someone to give people from around the country a reason to hate us. "U Mad Bro" will always be one of my favorite Seahawk moments. Suck it Brady.

3. Russell Wilson. He's been pure magic since the beginning. He may not be as good at his position as some of the other guys on this list, but he's one of the most of the most fun players to watch in NFL history. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in tactics straight out of a video game. As we have long known, the pocket is overrated. Also, go deep. 

2. Marshawn Lynch. He only spent parts of five seasons in Seattle, but I do not think I have ever enjoyed an athlete's career as much as Marshawn's. From his days at Cal, through the Beastquake, to the epic Bear Grylls adventure... every ferocious run and every glimpse into his persona was a treasure.

1. Steve Largent. His career was a little before my time and his Hawks didn't win too many playoff games, but "Yoda" was one of the game's all-time greatest pass catchers and when he retired, his 100 TD snags was most ever. Steve Largent IS Mr. Seahawk, the greatest in 40 years of blue and green heroes.

D.T.........................(sigh).........................you're about to get 86'ed out of the SEAHAWKS fan club unless you apologize for the mistake you made of not having CURT WARNER on your Top 10 list..................................................I'm just gonna pretend you never did that..

On 1/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, DT. said:

Courtesy of Grip

PortlandTecmo.jpg

I said it on facebook, and I'll say it here............................Grip, why the hell isn't that Johnny Johnson running over the Portland sign!!!???  His uniform woulda' even matched the "OLD TOWN" light up sign.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:21 PM, DT. said:

Images that did not make the cut for the flyer-

JohnnyJ.jpgbeaver1.jpgduck.jpg

How the hell did image ONE not make the flyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???   :I

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SammieSmith33
      Alright everyone it is official.  Minnesota is back in the Tecmo Super Bowl Tourney mix.  Please read the flyer below.  First prize will be a minimum of 300.00 dollars no matter how many people come and their paid entry into the Tecmo Madison tourney next year. I hoping for 32 to 64 combatants.  Please read the flyer below.  If you have any questions please feel free to email me. Kris (SammieSmith33) (bushy1333@gmail.com).  Instead of a t-shirt you will get a special gift instead when you sign-up.

Millard's Mayhem 2

When: Aug.12 
      Time: 11-7
                      (952) 835-7800

Hosted by: 2d Con
      Register at: 2dcon.net under additional info in registraton put Tecmo Super Bowl Tourney

Email me (bushy1333@gmail.com) so I can get a count and if you can supply a Nintendo and game.  We have tv's covered

Cost: $30
      Minimum Cash Prize: $300 
      Free Raffle Ticket with Entry and Player Performance Prizes

Rules:
      Tecmo Madison Rules: tecmomadison.com

4 player Round Robin with top 2 coming out of each group.  

Elimination Bracket after that.

Double Elimination for top 8 also twitch will be providing streaming for those games.

• By trojan1979
      Green Bay WI, 8-3-2017 6:30PM - GBLAN Presents, 3rd Beebe, a Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

My wife is due with our 3rd child at the end of August.  This is the first available Thursday night after baseball season ends for those in our area.  Thursday night tournaments have been a great way to get that accelerated tournament experience.  Our last two tournaments got us 49 total participants.

Here is the official FB page for signup http://tinyurl.com/3rdbeebe  Sign up at 6:30, games start by 7PM.

Games are played on official NES hardware, or hardware clones with real cartridges, no rom dumps or emulation.  Controllers are NES OEM, and games are played on CRT tvs.  We can do up to 18 stations, but will likely have 10-12 setup.  To this point we haven't had any waiting due to unavailable systems since moving to our Thursday format.

Standard Madison matchmaking and game play rules are in effect.

If we exceed 16 players we will use a group play format, followed by a single elim bracket.  If we are at 16 or under, we will use a standard challonge double elim bracket.

The entire event goes on for about 4 hours typically, with the majority of the field done by 10 or so..  The last two times we had pizza provided by a sponsor, and we are working to see if we can get them onboard again.  Drinks are $1 off for participating.

Entry fee is $10 per person.  Payout is 50% to 1st place, gift certs to 2nd and 3rd place, remaining proceeds go to pay for equipment.

Please RSVP on the FB page if you are coming.  If you are interested in coming, and not use Facebook, you may message me on the boards, or email trojan1979@gmail.com with your intentions.

Hope to see you there!

Trojan

• By red98sethuthut
        What: The Buffalo Six Pack. V.
      When: September 16th 2017 9/16/2017
      Where: AJ's Lounge 1028 Walden Avenue Buffalo NY 14211
      Time: 11am Tournament kickoffs ( 9am set-up/1oam registration )
      Entry Fee: $2o
      Format: The Buffalo Six Pack. 6 Different genres of tecmo
      Prize pool for 1st (55%), 2nd(30%) and 3rd(15%) + $20 Bonus Prize Per Round. Everyone gets a free drink or 1 food item on us. Also the 1st person who volunteers to be the bee-keeper ( Spaceghost Joke ) gets free entry.
      Pre-Game Players Party 6pm Friday Night at Ajs Lounge 1028 Walden avenue. Come on down and get some scrimms in. 

FORMAT: THE BUFFALO SIX PACK....Each participant will play 6 random games with no rematches.  In Each round team selection will be based on a different theme ( see below ). Each round will have bonus prizes too ( $20) . The top 12 to 24 records in the Six rounds will square off in single elimination tournament. There MAY be an "odd" amount of players in the "six pack". If so 1 person per round will receive a bye (can't draw more than 1 bye per person). Also placement into the single elimination round is weighted by "Best Winning Percentage".  In a case of an tie a Head to Head win is the first tiebreaker, then Opponent Winning Percentage , Then Differential ( + - ). Note feel free to make suggestions on particular rounds. 
      Round 1: Next man up Round...Winner of the Coin toss must pick any matchup they desire. Loser of the coin toss may Pick Team or Controller preference. But each coach gets to bench 1 player off there Opponents team. Also pick one defender the defender can not man up.  So for example if Rams vs Lions is called. And player 1 is Det and player 2 is rams. Player 1 van elect to bench Jim Everett and Player 2 can elect to  bench Barry Sanders. Also each player will designate an player on there opponents defense they may NOT man up at any time in the game. For example SS white on det or lb offerdale on mia.  The player that has the most passing yards with any backup Qb gets $20     
      Round 2: The Trick Em Dick Em Fumble-Rooskie Round ( Ode to LuckyToolie and Chris Pike)...Winner of the coin toss can pick any matchup they desire. Loser of the coin toss may Pick Team or Controller preference. Both coaches must have an flea-flicker in there playbook. Each coach must run the flea flicker at least ONCE per half. If you do not have a chance in the 1st half call it twice in the second half.  Forget completely and you lose.  Automatic loss!!!!  1st person to GIVE UP a fumble for td wins $20.    
      Round 3: Ode to Fargo North Dakota... Slappies VS Lurchees. ( Let's have some Fun...Ya Ya Ya ) Winner of the coin toss Picks any match-up and is P1.  Both players  gets 1 NT Lurch or Controller Slap per half, per game or per quarter. If you and your opponent have some North Dakota sized balls you will do it all game.  Just agree with your opponent on how far you want to take it.  Opponents must sit tight together with controllers in open position and u MAY NOT DODGE a Slappy. $20 and an hamburger from Hardees Ya Ya Ya To the 1st person who gets an Safety with Bob Nelson.
      Round 4 Shit got ReaL: Winner of the coin toss is P1 and can pick any match-up  they desire but  NO going for 4th down unless inside the opponents  40.  No FG unless inside the opponents 40.  FG or PAT Blocks with 4th man is ok.  No End to End JJ's in the endzone ( Unless there is 20 seconds or less left in 2nd or 4th qtr or if your inside the 40 yard line of your opponent). This includes off the screen cross diagonal passes. You can throw of the screen but not red zone to red zone.  Or end zone to endzone.  $20 to player who scores most team points following the rules
      Round 5 Hellen Keller: Loser of the coin toss picks the matchup. Winner of the coin toss gets Team Selection or Controller Preference. The Loser of the coin toss gets what is left over.  But you may not see how much time is left in the game. We will cover up the time on tv with tape.. $20 to anyone who wins playing blindfolded. Close those peepers.
      Round 6 Ole Ye Madison Rules: Loser of the coin toss picks the matchup. Winner of the coin toss gets Team Selection or Controller Preference.The Loser of the coin toss gets what is left over.  examples Lou Picks Mia-Philly Morts takes Mia Lou takes P1 or Mort calls Chi-Kc LOu takes P1 and Mort takes CHi
      THE PLAY-OFFS
      Alright, after much consultation with Tecmo heads and commune with the Tecmo Gods, a final decision has been made on the playoffs. The Top 16 players based on record will play in a single elimination bracket ( seeded by record ). the Championship which will be a redux of the Redemption Round and Super Bowl XXV, Bills vs Giants.  Ole Ye Madison Rules. Higher seed will have their choice of team or player 1.
      BUFFALO BOUNTY I CHAMP Francis B. (mort1237) Runner up Laztlain (Jason P.) 3rd Louis B. (Red98sethuthut)
      BUFFALO BOUNTY II CHAMP Louis. B. (red98sethuthut) Runner-up Matt V. (BigMV54) 3rd Francis B. (mort1237)
      BUFFALO BOUNTY III CHAMP David T. (DT), Runner-Up Francis B. (mort1237) 3rd Kevin C
      BUFFALO BOUNTY IV CHAMP Franics B. (mort1237) Runner Up Eric O. ( TecmoOdell42) 3rd David T. ( DT) 4th Derek R. ( Tecmo Psycho)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      REGISTERED PLAYERS:
      1. Louis B. (Red98sethuthut) Buffalo NY 1 nes System 2 Tv's 1 Flat screen Tv
      2. Francis B. ( Mort1237) Lakewood IL 1 nes system
      3.  Jason P. (laztlain) LockPort NY. 1 Princess Tv 1 Lcd tv 1 Nes System w/o Cords                                                             
      4. Paul B. Townwanda Ny 1 Nes System 1 Tv 1 Cord 
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st step: email Ss4sonkun@yahoo.com with

NAME:
      NICKNAME:
      EQUIPMENT: Were in need of more N.E.S systems and tube tv's to handle the format
      HOMETOWN:
      PHONE #:

2nd step. payment. Send $20 to ss4sonkun@yahoo.com via paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9Z7UCSQ9TWCN8 , money order (email 4 my mailing address), or In-person assuming your in buffalo area or see us at another tournament or the night before. We have also had problems with people saying they want to play then no show on game day. Refund Policy: No refunds but you can transfer the money to another player who is attending. 
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Game play rules ( See each Round Description in the Six pack )
      1. Except for Round 4 Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or bump/grapple someone on the offensive line. Please note that this rule does not apply to LBs. If you want to rush with a DL, when crossing over the line of scrimmage within the restricted circle with a DL and before making a play on the QB, you must first bump or grapple an offensive lineman. The video below breaks it down. 
      The below video link shows what is illegal.

2.  “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.
      3. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your player change screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
       4. WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
      5. Ties/Overtime: A game can end in a tie. In 6 Pack round ties are allowed to speed things up. In the single elimination No ties are allowed. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in each OT period, the kicking team in the first OT will be the receiving team in the new game (i.e. the second OT).
      6. . System Malfunctions: If there is a system failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If a system malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was noncompetitive or any equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
      7. Controllers: Tournament competitors are allowed to bring their own controller to use in games. Tournament organizers will also coordinate obtaining equipment for the competition for those that do not bring their own. Tournament organizers will examine each controller and tag it as acceptable, only tagged controllers can be used. NES Max or NES Advantage are not allowed.
      8. A forfeit win   will be marked as  A14 to 0 win. Obviously if someone gives up when your up 28 to o then it will be counted as 28+ for margin of victory. The maximum differential of victory for any game is 28pts. IF  you win 35 to 3 it will marked as a 28 pt win for your differential.  
      9.. The top 12 to 24 records in the Six rounds will square off in single elimination tournament. Each game will be preceded with a manual coin flip. The Loser of the coin toss picks the matchup. Winner of the coin toss gets Team Selection or Controller Preference.The Loser of the coin toss gets what is left over.  examples Lou Picks Mia-Philly Morts takes Mia Lou takes P1 or Mort calls Chi-Kc LOu takes P1 and Mort takes CHi                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1st step: email Ss4sonkun@yahoo.com with

NAME:
      NICKNAME:
      EQUIPMENT: We are in need of more N.E.S systems and tube tv's to handle the format
      HOMETOWN:
      PHONE #:

2nd step. payment. Send $2o to ss4sonkun@yahoo.com via paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9Z7UCSQ9TWCN8 , money order (email 4 my mailing address), or In-person assuming your in buffalo area or see us at another tournament or the night before. We have also had problems with people saying they want to play then no show on game day. Refund Policy: No refunds but you can transfer the money to another player who is attending. 

• By trojan1979
      Our April online tournament has come to a close and we will be starting a new one almost immediately. I'm looking for players of all abilities. If interested please send me a PM, or post on this thread, and I'll get you the deets. The tournament is with the TPC_tapmeter rom if anyone is curious. We had about 36 players compete in the last one, and I'd like to see that number go up. We'd like to have the roster and groups finalized by this Friday 6/9/2017, so message me ASAP if interested. Thanks!  If we don't have enough players we will extend this.

More details will emerge, but the general gist of things is that you will be placed in a group where you play everyone in said group back to back, taking turns hosting and playing as player 1.

Overall records and point differential seeds a double elimination bracket.  Nearly ever game's NSV file is commentated on and uploaded to youtube by myself, along with guest color commentators such as @Ryan11p Retro Sports Gamer, Old Dirty Tecmo, Odell, Ptitteri, Toolie, Darthrockman and potentially more this season.  It's a great way for new and old players to improve, and simulate a local tournament feel.

As of right now we have about 16 signed up.  We'd like to get as many as before, so please let me know ASAP if you want in.

I'll need you to fill out this form to apply to the tournament.  Due to scheduling and hosting challenges for some, not all will be accepted into this event.  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3mqXGThQ7aLcXkq5Z_sNmesJHbsGooVhbLLiwVXW0v2Njfg/viewform?c=0&w=1