Portland, OR - 01/28/17 - Johnny Johnson in the Beaver

DT.

On 1/21/2017 at 2:53 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

I just hope to GOD my Tourney Schedule permits me to "Unleash the BEAST" on some of these noobies and show them what a REAL "Man, Myth, and Legend" is supposed to look and play like....................THEN.................once I'm in the playoffs, I can retire PHX, (after every Tourney rushing record is unquestionably shattered) pick a better team, and go on to destroy all my competition (which is all of you) with my underrated, unpredictable, and unparalled, passing game......................make it happen Commish!!!  .....feed me the JABRONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{p.s.  Oh,.. and D.T., phase out the basketball...football ain't over yet}

I can't wait to see your improvement in passing #missinglink

On 1/23/2017 at 8:54 PM, DT. said:

I've put the format up in the lead post. If you are unclear regarding any aspect of it or what "standard Madison rules" are, feel free to message me privately and I'll give you the rundown.

As Madison rules have changed for this year, are we sticking with the old version or the new rules? There's an interesting debate about them in a separate thread. I think @buck and @toolie have valid points and ideas

2 days twats.  I can't wait to seek revenge on TBK.  I look forward to our sidebet Bears/Cards matchup for a beer.  I also seek revenge on DT who has beaten me in back to back tourneys.  I also hope this is the tourney where MAD MAX MANYO or whatever the F he is calling himself these days finally get to lock joy sticks, 2 button controllers or whatever sexual innuendo that needs providing to make this rant work.  See you all saturday!

1 hour ago, XtraLargent said:

2 days twats.  I can't wait to seek revenge on TBK.  I look forward to our sidebet Bears/Cards matchup for a beer.  I also seek revenge on DT who has beaten me in back to back tourneys.  I also hope this is the tourney where MAD MAX MANYO or whatever the F he is calling himself these days finally get to lock joy sticks, 2 button controllers or whatever sexual innuendo that needs providing to make this rant work.  See you all saturday!

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.

I got the trophies. I got prizes. I got TVs. I got some beef jerky. I just gotta survive an intense day of work and then I'm Portland bound. The only way I could be more excited is if it was TWO days of Tecmo competition, but we are gonna stuff so much hotness in this one day, Sunday will be needed for emotional and physical recovery.

Just one last reminder: DO NOT BE LATE. We are setting up at 10 so we can begin partying at 11, and the format has been tweaked so that we can just get to running right away, no matter how many people are there. I'm not gonna be handing out special byes to people who text me they are on the way.... and don't forget to think about some Tecmo NBA matchups! There is no cash prize for cutting down the 8 bit nets, but an ill trophy awaits the winner.

If I get in early enough tonight, I might could check out some Ground Kontrol or other downtown Portland shenanigans. Holla.

Similar to what happened in the PNW a couple years ago, @gripsmokeand @invader_star64duke it out for the title (they did in two different tourneys of the same year, splitting the honors of PNW champ). On this tourney day, it came down to them again with Grip needing to take two games while Vader only needed to take one game. Here's what ensued...

The tourney was such a blast! Thanks again to DT for getting everything setup and coordinated, and to everyone else who came out and made the day special! Super happy that everyone got to come out and enjoy some wonderful game time! Can't believe I was able to win it all, there were some seriously awesome battles down in PDX. Super looking forward to the next one! :D

Hot tournament. Hot finish between Invader's Rams and Grip's Bucs then Grip's Rams and Invader's Bucs. Vinny was just a bladed motherfucker in the 4th on this night.

I feel like I will have more to say to wrap up this event at some pt but I really just want to break down the play of the tourney at this time-

PLAY OF THE TOURNAMENT

Consolation bracket- Newcomer Ryan aka RPW44 facing off vs Dan aka '91 Huskies. RPW calls Houston-Philly. '91 takes Philly. '91 in control of the game, RPW storms back to take a 24-21 lead late in the game. 40 seconds left, Philly facing a 4th and 11 at his own 35..... He calls the PITCH to HEATH SHERMAN. Richard Johnson gets washed up in a wake of Philly blockers and Sherman is GONE. Bobs and weaves for a 65 yard TD scamper. Oilers stunned. '91 Huskies wins a copy of Tecmo NBA Basketball for the NES as winner of the consolation bracket.

Portland Tecmo. Won't be the last one.

1 hour ago, DT. said:

Hot tournament. Hot finish between Invader's Rams and Grip's Bucs then Grip's Rams and Invader's Bucs. Vinny was just a bladed motherfucker in the 4th on this night.

I feel like I will have more to say to wrap up this event at some pt but I really just want to break down the play of the tourney at this time-

PLAY OF THE TOURNAMENT

Consolation bracket- Newcomer Ryan aka RPW44 facing off vs Dan aka '91 Huskies. RPW calls Houston-Philly. '91 takes Philly. '91 in control of the game, RPW storms back to take a 24-21 lead late in the game. 40 seconds left, Philly facing a 4th and 11 at his own 35..... He calls the PITCH to HEATH SHERMAN. Richard Johnson gets washed up in a wake of Philly blockers and Sherman is GONE. Bobs and weaves for a 65 yard TD scamper. Oilers stunned. '91 Huskies wins a copy of Tecmo NBA Basketball for the NES as winner of the consolation bracket.

Portland Tecmo. Won't be the last one.

This sounds so ballsy and insane. I mean, wow.

Just to wrap up, thanks everyone for coming out. It was a lot of fun. I am definitely down to do it again next year. I absolutely love coming down to Portland. Congrats to Invader, Gripsmoke, and MAD MANYO for their respective finishes, as well as SuperSonics for winning the Outstanding Rookie Award and '91 Huskies for winning the consolation.

Special thanks for RPW44, xavalepdx. SuperSonics, and LT56 for coming out to their first major Tecmo Tournament. I know its tough doing battle with us vets, but I hope you were inspired to come back harder next time or in the case of SuperSonics, simply just not have QB Browns eat a wiener... haha. GG man. You guys all brought tons to the table. Hope to see you guys, all the vets who brought their typical ruckus, and all the other NW players who couldn't make it out this time real soon.

Manyo, you are in charge of the spring and summer and then I'm swoopin back in for PAC RIM SEPT 2. SAVE THE DATE.

D.T., you lucky muthaphukka........you survived me by the skin of your teeth.  It's time to get serious now and start concentratin' on matchups...I'v found to be on the next level of ELITE, you have to pay attention to those.....SO.....in sayin' that, you betta be ready because its' gonna be a whole nother story at the PNTC.......just remember...........EVERYBODY who's anybody round these parts has lost to the Tailback King.  Your next. 

• DFM unpinned this topic

That was a great tourney.  Had a lot of fun and the venue was perfect... if not for my yelling, swearing, crotch grabbing arrogance it would have remained classy.  Congrats to Vader.  Grip... I'm due.  Manyo pleasure to finally lock horns.  DT... work on your game... :)