Sign in to follow this  
Baron von Lector

(NES) Tecmo Bowl 2017

Tecmo Bowl 2017

Amidst the sea of Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 releases, here's a ROM release for the original of the series, Tecmo Bowl 2017. 

This game contains all 32 NFL teams (expanded from 12).  There is also a feature that allows you to choose your CPU opponent, as opposed to originally letting the CPU choose, in Exhibition mode.

Rosters are based 99% off of depth charts provided by NFL.com and CBSSports.com, with a few exceptions taking into consideration suspensions (Tom Brady, Le'veon Bell) and other factors.  Statistics and ratings are based on those provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com.

A special thanks goes out to TheFes75 and TecmoTurd for their assistance.

In keeping with tradition, the original Tecmo Bowl (and Tecmo Super Bowl) were notorious for their "beasts," like Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, QB Eagles, Mike Singletary, Jerry Rice, and more.  Well, Tecmo Bowl 2017 is no exception.  Some of the "beasts" (based on career bodies of work and current work) included in this ROM are:

RB - Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham

DB - Darrelle Revis

DE/LB - James Harrison, JJ Watt, Ndamukong Suh

KR - Devin Hester

Growing up, I preferred this version of Tecmo Bowl to Tecmo Super Bowl, despite the lack of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the game.  To this day, I prefer Tecmo Bowl to Tecmo Super Bowl for the sheer sit-down-and-play factor.

If there's anything glaring that I missed, please bring it to my attention.  Enjoy! 

What do you mean?  He's right here:

When I was selecting the DBs, to go alongside Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor stuck out.  When I looked at his numbers, 4 Pro Bowls looked impressive.  Then again, if I had dug further, I would have seen Earl Thomas' FIVE Pro Bowls and two All-Pro selections.

Keep 'em coming!

EARLTHOMAS.png

ok?  I don't see him on the rom I downloaded.  I would look for ALL PRO over Pro Bowl.  Pro Bowl takes in about 50% of the league (well not quite, but it's overrated).  All Pro takes one or two guys at most at each position.  And Earl Thomas has been 1st team All Pro the last 4 seasons. 

I'm not criticizing, just was wondering.

3 minutes ago, buck said:

ok?  I don't see him on the rom I downloaded.  I would look for ALL PRO over Pro Bowl.  Pro Bowl takes in about 50% of the league (well not quite, but it's overrated).  All Pro takes one or two guys at most at each position.  And Earl Thomas has been 1st team All Pro the last 4 seasons. 

I'm not criticizing, just was wondering.

He wasn't on the original ROM.  I slipped him in quickly and re-uploaded.  He's on the new version. 

His performance wasn't the reason for omission, it was an oversight.  When selecting two Seattle DBs, after Richard Sherman (no-brainer), I think I went with Kam Chancellor because, well, it was an oversight.  His name stuck out, I checked his stats, and plugged him in.

7 hours ago, chrittycren said:

This rom is awesome, and the replay value is beyond awesome! I noticed that the when choosing the playbook for the Rams, the team name is still STL instead of L. A. Small, but noticeable.

Oops!  I thought I had removed all instances of STL.  On my to-do list for Monday morning.  Thanks!

I uploaded an updated version of this game.  Relatively small.

I fixed the playbook instance where it read "STL" instead of "L.A".  While making this LA change, I also changed the Rams' uniforms from the "old" St. Louis colors to the classic blue and gold (white and blue on the road).  This affects both on-the-field gameplay and cutscenes.

Also replaced Shaun Hill with Sam Bradford as the MIN QB.

Huge oversight on my part.  When working on another project (using this one as my base) I noticed that San Francisco and Seattle's road uniforms made them look like ghosts, complete with pasty white skin and black uniforms.  Some numbers were mistakenly swapped around.  This problem has been fixed.

A new version has been uploaded.

2 hours ago, Baron von Lector said:

Huge oversight on my part.  When working on another project (using this one as my base) I noticed that San Francisco and Seattle's road uniforms made them look like ghosts, complete with pasty white skin and black uniforms.  Some numbers were mistakenly swapped around.  This problem has been fixed.

A new version has been uploaded.

I have actually seen this before even when all hex code is entered correctly.  I have even changed the hex code only to have it happen again. Weird???

Also Aaron Lynch should be the 49'ers top OLB.  He is their best pass rusher, but he is on suspension for the first 4 games.  Right now you have Tank Carradine there.  Carradine is probably listed on the Depth Chart ahead of Lynch because of Lynch's suspension.

16 hours ago, TheFes75 said:

I have actually seen this before even when all hex code is entered correctly.  I have even changed the hex code only to have it happen again. Weird???

Also Aaron Lynch should be the 49'ers top OLB.  He is their best pass rusher, but he is on suspension for the first 4 games.  Right now you have Tank Carradine there.  Carradine is probably listed on the Depth Chart ahead of Lynch because of Lynch's suspension.

So far I've been lucky.  Seattle and SF's uniform colors are still correct.

In regards to Aaron Lynch, when setting the rosters I tried to keep in mind the suspensions (i.e. Tom Brady, Le'veon Bell, Vontaze Burfict, etc).  I must've overlooked Lynch.  Fear not.  He's been added in the latest updated version that I uploaded this morning.

LYNCH.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By chunter
      Will Koei Tecmo ever release a new version of this game for PC, Xbox or playstation?  Or is that impossible because Madden has a monopoly on the NFL license?
      One can always dream...maybe they can release a new updated game, with updated graphics and mechanics and just have an easy way to update rosters and plug in pics for the helmets?  So, people could easily put in the new NFL roster without having Koei Tecmo pay for it or deal with it?
    • By chunter
      I absolutely love this version!  Old legends plus new great players, incredible concept!  There was some serious love put into this edition.  This is the greatest version of the game I've ever played.  All my friends I've shown this to, love it.  But the first thing they ask when we play it is "Where's Bo Jackson"?
      I don't understand why he's left out.  He was the great player in the original Tecmo Bowl.  Is he a hidden player maybe?  
    • By drummer4god

View File NFL Tecmo Super Bowl 2K13
      Drummer's Tecmo Super Bowl 2K13

From Drummer:
      "This ROM is intented for MAN vs CPU / MAN vs MAN / and COA mode
      Thanks to the following people in no particular order:
      Bad_Al - TSB Tool Supreme Editor
      CX_ROM - 32-team ROM
      Jstout - various error fixes in the ROM, gameplay hacks, helmet graphics, Goodyear logo, NFLPA logo, Super Bowl Trophy on leaders screen, stats logo
      Elway - graphics (NFL Network logo, start screen, and NFL shield logo)
      Knobbe - for this wonderful Website so the Tecmo players, and Tecmo people have somewhere to keep this game alive!
      Xplozv - stats screen after each quarter
      Bruddog - for quickness for intercept hack
      To my many fans known and unknown, thanks for playing the ROM!"

GRAPHICS
      Cinema screen changed to Kapernick, Peterson, and Ray Lewis
      Menu screen is blue, text is white, and season schedule screen is grey to commemorate the world champion Giants
      Official 2012 NFL schedule
      Rookies are on teams if they are a projected starters (if player is a rookie you will see word "ROOKIE" on a shadowed face)
      2013 year implemented into menu screens
      Football has laces
      Multiple changes to in-game text ("BOUNTY!" injury screen among others)
      NFLPA Logo
      Background menu text changed from red to white
      KISS now plays Super Bowl halftime show
      Scrolling cinema text now reads "DRUMMER'S NFL 2K13"
      New ESPN logo
      New STATS INC logo
      Screen between quarters where txt was "TECMO SPORTS NEWS" now reads "NFL GAME STATS"
      Goodyear logo on blimp at halftime
      KR/PR position moved back to fix safeties in endzone on returns
      Team SIM ratings have been tweaked
      Player SIM ratings tweaked
      Team playbooks/formations tweaked
      Team jearsey colors tweaked

HACKS
      Dedicated punt and kickoff returner (players use their max speed for the return)
      Adjustable Quarter Length
      More accurate FGs
      Ability to change playbook in-game
      Ability to change quarter length
      Punt coverage boost decreased
      Dedicated fumble and interception returner (players use their max speed for the return)
      Stats screen after each quarter
      Juiced
      4-3/3-4 defense hack
      PC/PA hack
      HP hack (tweaked)
      Ultra Logic hack (cpu plays better defense)
      Quickness for interceptions (self explainatory)
      Kickoff length hack for deeper kickoffs
      Also tweaked interceptions by man controlled players. (you should get more now with a good defender)
      New opening cinema, tweaked player and team SIM code
      Buffalo Bills helmet now is white, fixed Ravens to Super Bowl Offensive Line
      Submitter drummer4god Submitted 01/15/2013 Category NFL By Year  
    • By Knobbe

Tecmo Super Bowl is the greatest sports video game of all time. Now, 25 years after TSB made 8-Bit legends of Bo Jackson and Lawrence Taylor, TecmoBowl.org proudly announces the release of Tecmo Super Bowl 2017. This site's 10th yearly iteration updates Tecmo's NES classic with up-to-date rosters, graphics, schedules and play books for all 32 NFL squads.  Additionally, you can now check the defensive conditions of your players.

Playable on multiple platforms and operating systems via NES emulation software, Tecmo Super Bowl 2016 brings Nintendo's bone-crunching classic to today's computers and handheld devices.

Will offenses fear Von Miller like they feared Lawrence Taylor? Who is the more deadly play-caller: Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino? Will Todd Gurley live up to the hype? Loaded into an NES Emulator, Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 will make legends for the next 25 years.

Tecmo Super Bowl 2017

Table of Contents
      A. How This Works
      B. How To Play - PC/Mac
      C. How to Play Online - Windows
      D. Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 Notes
      E. Known Issues
      F. Credits

A. How This Works
      If you're new to emulation:
      ROM = Game or Cartridge (.nes file) Emulator = NES System  
      B. How To Play - PC/Mac
      Download Nestopia for your platform and also the .nes ROM -  Windows | Mac  Open Nestopia. From Nestopia, File > Open and find your .nes ROM. C. How to Play Online - Windows
      Setup for online play using our guide - http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53066-guide-get-started-playing-tsb-online-for-dummies/. We then recommend starting out at the TPC - http://www.tecmoplayers.com.

Most TPC players use the original Tecmo Super Bowl ROM, but you might be able to find some people playing TSB 2016. Remember that the versions of the game must be exactly the same or you will not be able to connect.

If you’re looking for an online league, we recommend TecmoBowl.org's Online Tecmo Leagues.

D. Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 notes
      Check Defense condition - In the same location as the time out menu there is now a "CHECK DEF" option which lets you scroll left and right through your players 4-3 Defenses - Several teams employ 4-3 defenses.  The "RT" (Right Tackle) will show up as the LILB on the rosters. 32-Team ROM Rosters current as of 9/7/16 Adjustable quarter length Playbook editing in-game Player 2 attributes now display correctly Halftime stats Pass Control determines if a pass will be completed. Passing Accuracy determines if the ball will be on target. E. Known Issues
      CPU can lock up under certain circumstances, most commonly a player 2 FG make. A hard reset (or open/close) of the emulator should clear the issue F. Credits
      Graphics - Keithisgood | @keithisgood Rosters/Attributes/Sim - Buck 4-3 Defense - Jstout Roster QA - Nathan from tundrabowl.com | @retronathan Promo - davefmurray | @davefmurray QA/Rom Merge/Project Coordinator - Knobbe | @tecmogodfather Thanks to:
      Jstout, Bruddog, Cxrom, Bad-Al & Buck for the hacking knowledge and tools. Members of TecmoBowl.org for helping beta test and for making this all worthwhile.  

Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 by TecmoBowl.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
      Based on a work at http://tecmobowl.org/.

Other 2017 Versions to try:
      @Tecmonster: http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/502-tecmonsters-tecmo-super-bowl-2017/
      @qbvikings: http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/500-qbvikings-tecmo-super-bowl-2016-2017/
      @fatcheerleader NCAA: http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/68903-nes-tsb-ncaa-2016/
      @Fernando 49 TSB III SNES: http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69008-snes-tsb3-nfl-2016/
      @cowboyschamps TSB I SNES: http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/503-2016-2017-rosters/

• By TheFes75

View File TB32 49ers Playoff Teams
      All,
      Welcome to TB32 49ers Playoff teams!
      This was just a pet project of mine.  I'm a big 49'ers fan and since my Niners have not been to the playoffs in 3 years and may not get there again this year, I have put together this ROM with all of the 49'ers playoff teams since 1970.  
      This ROM provides
      All 24 49'ers playoff teams since 1970.  All of the opponents the 49'ers lost to in the championship game or Superbowl since 1983. (83 Washington, 90 NY, 92 Dallas, 93 Dallas, 97 Green Bay, 11 NY, 12 Baltimore and 13 Seattle). The 70's teams that took Dallas to the brink only to lose in the Championship game and watch Dallas go on to win a Superbowl The Team of the 80's! Young's 49'ers (Could he best Montana or was Joe Cool that damn good?) Replays of heartbreaking Championship games! Replay that Super Bowl against Baltimore!  
      Any how this was just a fun project that I put together. Even if you are not a 49'ers fan check it out maybe it will open you up to some history you didn't know about.

If you see anything that needs fixing let me know!

Submitter TheFes75 Submitted 09/08/2016 Category Tecmo Bowl - NES