4. PockyCandy

PockyCandy

5. Baron von Lector

Baron von Lector

6. davefmurray

davefmurray

• Similar Content

• By Maynard_G_Krebs
      This thread is for all of your NFL 2017-2018 season discussion. 

There is no other way to start this thread. Everything else for Tom Brady is just gravy.

• By Baron von Lector

View File NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017
      This is NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017!

Using the original Tecmo Bowl (not Tecmo Super Bowl), this ROM consists of 32 NCAA football schools.  I used a few different criteria when determining which of the 120+ teams to use in this game, from historical reputation (i.e. Notre Dame, Alabama), TB.org community interest (i.e. Syracuse, Purdue), recent success (i.e. Boise St., Oregon), and the military academies. 

Using the original Tecmo Bowl's ratings as a template, the players were rated based on 2015 season statistics, 2016 partial season statistics, various Heisman watch websites, and other sources.

Rosters, ratings, home/away uniforms, cutscenes, and other small details were updated to ensure this is as authentic of an NCAA experience as this 8-bit simulation can provide.

Aside from teams selection (as I'm sure not everybody will agree with my selections), if there are any glaring errors, please bring them to my attention.

Enjoy!

Submitter Baron von Lector Submitted 10/11/2016 Category Tecmo Bowl - NES  
    • By Baron von Lector
      This is NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017!

Using the original Tecmo Bowl (not Tecmo Super Bowl), this ROM consists of 32 NCAA football schools.  I used a few different criteria when determining which of the 120+ teams to use in this game, from historical reputation (i.e. Notre Dame, Alabama), TB.org community interest (i.e. Syracuse, Purdue), recent success (i.e. Boise St., Oregon), and the military academies. 

Using the original Tecmo Bowl's ratings as a template, the players were rated based on 2015 season statistics, 2016 partial season statistics, various Heisman watch websites, and other sources.

Rosters, ratings, home/away uniforms, cutscenes, and other small details were updated to ensure this is as authentic of an NCAA experience as this 8-bit simulation can provide.

Aside from teams selection (as I'm sure not everybody will agree with my selections), if there are any glaring errors, please bring them to my attention.

Enjoy!

• By Baron von Lector

View File Tecmo Bowl 2017
      Amidst the sea of Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 releases, here's a ROM release for the original of the series, Tecmo Bowl 2017. 

This game contains all 32 NFL teams (expanded from 12).  There is also a feature that allows you to choose your CPU opponent, as opposed to originally letting the CPU choose, in Exhibition mode.

Rosters are based 99% off of depth charts provided by NFL.com and CBSSports.com, with a few exceptions taking into consideration suspensions (Tom Brady, Le'veon Bell) and other factors.  Statistics and ratings are based on those provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com.

A special thanks goes out to TheFes75 and TecmoTurd for their assistance.

In keeping with tradition, the original Tecmo Bowl (and Tecmo Super Bowl) were notorious for their "beasts," like Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, QB Eagles, Mike Singletary, Jerry Rice, and more.  Well, Tecmo Bowl 2017 is no exception.  Some of the "beasts" (based on career bodies of work and current work) included in this ROM are:
      RB - Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson
      WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham
      DB - Darrelle Revis
      DE/LB - James Harrison, JJ Watt, Ndamukong Suh
      KR - Devin Hester

Growing up, I preferred this version of Tecmo Bowl to Tecmo Super Bowl, despite the lack of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the game.  To this day, I prefer Tecmo Bowl to Tecmo Super Bowl for the sheer sit-down-and-play factor.

If there's anything glaring that I missed, please bring it to my attention.  Enjoy! 
      Submitter Baron von Lector Submitted 09/14/2016 Category Tecmo Bowl - NES  
    • By Baron von Lector
      Amidst the sea of Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 releases, here's a ROM release for the original of the series, Tecmo Bowl 2017. 

This game contains all 32 NFL teams (expanded from 12).  There is also a feature that allows you to choose your CPU opponent, as opposed to originally letting the CPU choose, in Exhibition mode.

Rosters are based 99% off of depth charts provided by NFL.com and CBSSports.com, with a few exceptions taking into consideration suspensions (Tom Brady, Le'veon Bell) and other factors.  Statistics and ratings are based on those provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com.

A special thanks goes out to TheFes75 and TecmoTurd for their assistance.

In keeping with tradition, the original Tecmo Bowl (and Tecmo Super Bowl) were notorious for their "beasts," like Bo Jackson, Christian Okoye, QB Eagles, Mike Singletary, Jerry Rice, and more.  Well, Tecmo Bowl 2017 is no exception.  Some of the "beasts" (based on career bodies of work and current work) included in this ROM are:
      RB - Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson
      WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham
      DB - Darrelle Revis
      DE/LB - James Harrison, JJ Watt, Ndamukong Suh
      KR - Devin Hester

Growing up, I preferred this version of Tecmo Bowl to Tecmo Super Bowl, despite the lack of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the game.  To this day, I prefer Tecmo Bowl to Tecmo Super Bowl for the sheer sit-down-and-play factor.

If there's anything glaring that I missed, please bring it to my attention.  Enjoy!