Eric Dickerson Season

The Colts absolutely suck in TSB. Their defense is nonexistent, and their offense is average at best (all hail Albert Bentley). But what if the Colts had Eric Dickerson? Would the Hall-of-Famer make Indy's offense potent enough to offset their dumpster fire defense? Well, I"ve decided to see if this is the case. Using the magic known as the TSB editor, I've put Dickerson on the Colts in place of some scrub back that probably didn't even make the team in real life. Here's his stats:

dickerson_stats.jpg

Edited by PockyCandy

Week 1 VS Patriots:

This was a very easy win. On offense, the plan was simple: Run the ball down the Pats throats, and pass to Bentley and Dickerson when necessary. In this offense, the WRs and TE (lol) won't be catching a lot of passes, but when they do, it will be for huge chunks of yardage once of twice a game. This is because Jeff George is pretty much garbage, so I want to limit the amount of possibly intercepted passes to as few as possible. So I'll be running the Alex Smith "check-down and hand off to the backs" offense. And when you've got Dickerson and Bentley, that kind of plan can work. 

This game, the offense did whatever it wanted to the hapless men in pink. On defense, they were able to hold them to minimal effectiveness, except for a few pointless runs at the end of the game. And there was that one touchdown where Grogan launched a rainbow in Irving Fryar's vicinity, and Fryar channeled his inner Randy Moss, jumping into the air and snatching the ball right in front of my safety. Then he preceded to cut across the field and outrun said safety into the endzone. Playing teams like the Bills and Dolphins is going to be so much fun.

week1.jpg

1 hour ago, PockyCandy said:

The Colts absolutely suck in TSB. Their defense is nonexistent, and their offense is average at best (all hail Albert Bentley). But what if the Colts had Eric Dickerson? Would the Hall-of-Famer make Indy's offense potent enough to offset their dumpster fire defense? Well, I"ve decided to see if this is the case. Using the magic known as the TSB editor, I've put Dickerson on the Colts in place of some scrub back that probably didn't even make the team in real life. Here's his stats:

dickerson_stats.jpg

This should be very interesting and a good follow.  Just curious, would you say that you based his ratings off of his 1990 season/stats with IND?

RUSH: 166-677-4

REC: 18-92-0

4 minutes ago, MvG Sports said:

This should be very interesting and a good follow.  Just curious, would you say that you based his ratings off of his 1990 season/stats with IND?

RUSH: 166-677-4

REC: 18-92-0

I didn't do any research beforehand. I just threw together some ratings in my head that sounded nice and rolled with it.

That looks like a 38 MS kind of back.

Edited by PockyCandy

Week 2 VS Dolphins:

This game was far more lopsided than the final score indicated, as the Fins scored a couple of garbage time TDs to make it not a blowout. The offense did what it had to do, with the dynamic duo running all over the field and catching passes, and the line did a wonderful job of blocking. The receivers had a couple of frustrating drops though. The defense held Dan Marino and Co. down for most of the game. However, it's pretty frustrating when my DB is in perfect position to make a pick, and Marino somehow threads the ball through 2 guys for a big play. Tony Paige had a long run that seemed to take up half of the fourth quarter. 

week2.jpg

Week 3 VS Raiders:

This one was a fight all the way till the end. My line couldn't block Howie Long, as the future FOX analyst accounted for two safeties and 3 sacks overall. In fact, the blocking was so bad that my receivers were held catchless, as poor George didn't have enough time to throw downfield. In the end, this game was a battle of the runningbacks, and eventually a duel between Dickerson and Jackson. Dickerson won the war as he accounted for 4 total touchdowns (with Bentley chipping in a goal line score), but Jackson was stellar as he had a long TD run and an explosive TD reception. Jay Schroeder did next to nothing in this game. 

week3.jpg

That avitar doesn't look anything like him.......you shoulda' used Tim McDonalds...it looks just like him and it's the right head shape, plus he's frowning, like he's mad he's on a $#!tty team...............................................and use Johnny's stats.  Next time do it that way...it just works.

We had an in depth conversation about what ED's MS should've been had he been on the Colts TSB roster - not sure where that post is but final outcome was him being at 56MS. 

think 50MS w/ higher RS was legitimate too- like 50RS. 

63MS a little too quick for him at this stage of his career imo 

Edited by arncoem

14 hours ago, davefmurray said:

I have to disagree.

58f29c534a.png

Find a Colts picc from 1990 (not Rams) and put it next to Tim McDonalds...the Jerri Curl was gone by then, not that I thought it should have been, but it was.  Dickerson also never had a goatee.............Gary Anderson did, and that's who the picc reminds me of.

1 hour ago, PockyCandy said:

I have a question:

Who is the best defensive player on the Colts, or in other words, which player is the least terrible of the group?

#39 Mike Prior: 25/31/38 44,44

That is as good as it gets.  HP doesn't (really) matter, and all the other DBs have 31/38 INT, I think.

Otherwise, pick the guy who you don't think will get blocked for whatever given play.

On 8/31/2016 at 9:29 PM, PockyCandy said:

Week 3 VS Raiders:

This one was a fight all the way till the end. My line couldn't block Howie Long, as the future FOX analyst accounted for two safeties and 3 sacks overall. In fact, the blocking was so bad that my receivers were held catchless, as poor George didn't have enough time to throw downfield. In the end, this game was a battle of the runningbacks, and eventually a duel between Dickerson and Jackson. Dickerson won the war as he accounted for 4 total touchdowns (with Bentley chipping in a goal line score), but Jackson was stellar as he had a long TD run and an explosive TD reception. Jay Schroeder did next to nothing in this game. 

week3.jpg

I do better than that against the Raiders with the original Colts. Dude, the Raiders are easy. Just pick the Allen play to the top and blitz with the LCB. You can dive tackle Bo on the run down if you time it right, and the other two run plays are easy to stop. If it's a pass, go into coverage and pray. All the Colts defensive players are equally bad, so you have to play the opposing team's playbook rather than try to be the guy with the best attributes. Against other teams I end up using the RILB a lot because he always has a clear path to the QB.

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left

7 hours ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I do better than that against the Raiders with the original Colts. Dude, the Raiders are easy. Just pick the Allen play to the top and blitz with the LCB. You can dive tackle Bo on the run down if you time it right, and the other two run plays are easy to stop. If it's a pass, go into coverage and pray. All the Colts defensive players are equally bad, so you have to play the opposing team's playbook rather than try to be the guy with the best attributes. Against other teams I end up using the RILB a lot because he always has a clear path to the QB.

I'm not exactly great at this game. It's just something to do during my free time (and when I have energy, which hasn't been often). 

• 5 months later...

Are you still doing this season?

I think your attributes are about right, they are the same as Neal Anderson, but with better hitting power. Even with a weak 1990 season, Dickerson was still one of the best backs in the NFL. Plus Dickerson was only able to start 8 games in 1990. From 1983 through 1989 Dickerson stats were as follows:

season Att.  Yards TDs

1983 - 390 - 1808 - 18

1984 - 379 - 2105 - 14

1985  - 292 - 1234 - 12

1986 - 404 - 1821 - 11

1987 - 283 - 1288 -  6

1988 - 388 - 1659 - 14

1989 - 314 - 1311 -  7

As you can see Dickerson had tremendous stats for his first 7 years, this should be taken into account when rating him for Tecmo Bowl.