Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davefmurray

GUIDE: Get Your Tournament Results in the Tournament Database

14 posts in this topic

Tournament organizers, this thread is for you!

 

Getting your results listed in the tournament database is going to be a piece of cake. If you are an Excel guy, download this file: tecmo_results_example.xlsx. If Google Sheets is more your speed, make a copy of this guy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vPUUeCDvHcrSxp9LB9xQIVgOWMtKlOHfnYaN-4kR8qU/edit?usp=sharing

 

The sheets are self-explanatory AND have instructions on the sheet. Below are the same instructions, just in case.

 

Participants sheet:

Enter the player's info. All info is REQUIRED. - First, Last, Email, Username, Zip Code

See given examples in Row 1.

 

Results sheet:

Identify the round of play for the match-up, the player by first & last or username, the team by the TSB initials in-game and then enter the score in numeral-numeral format.

See given examples in Row 1.

 

Once completed, send your spreadsheet to tecmomadison@gmail.com. Once received, we'll get it entered into the database.

 

PLEASE NOTE: The site is going through an extensive overhaul. Your results will not be posted immediately. Heck, it is going to take a few months. I won't sugarcoat it. Once the overhaul is done, we'll get these and all future results posted with the quickness.

 

Questions? Post 'em below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool!  Where will this database be housed?  On tecmomadison.com?

 

Also, on the spreadsheet, how do you determine who was the winner of the matchup?  Should the scores for each player be in two separate columns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bad Moon Rison said:

Cool!  Where will this database be housed?  On tecmomadison.com?

 

Also, on the spreadsheet, how do you determine who was the winner of the matchup?  Should the scores for each player be in two separate columns?

 

Yes, tecmomadison.com

 

You don't need to determine. Use P1-P2 to coincide with the player names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try to block some time to get this information published from Iowa Tecmo 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:53 PM, Tecmo Milwaukee said:

I should have this done for you by next week. Will that work for you?

sooner the better :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still need to get the latest Tomczak Bowl results entered in for you. A couple of things though.

 

1) I don't have zip codes. I do have city names though and between that, nicknames, and emails I think you should be able to identify folks.

2) We didn't record who was player 1 or player 2 at all so I won't be able to properly designate that.

 

However now that I know what you are looking for in the future I'll make sure to record all that info when Tomczak 10 rolls around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2017 at 0:49 PM, Beef Juice said:

I still need to get the latest Tomczak Bowl results entered in for you. A couple of things though.

 

1) I don't have zip codes. I do have city names though and between that, nicknames, and emails I think you should be able to identify folks.

2) We didn't record who was player 1 or player 2 at all so I won't be able to properly designate that.

 

However now that I know what you are looking for in the future I'll make sure to record all that info when Tomczak 10 rolls around.

 

No problem for now. In 2017, all the info is required.

Edited by davefmurray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh is this database going to be viewable soon? I always liked looking at the old competitors results pages on TecmoMadison before a tourney to size up the dudes in my group and see what teams they've played and how they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please note that some people don't read threads so we're just going to send you the link to here if you ask and stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tournament Organizers:

 

Get familiar with the new formatting. We need all the info mentioned in the first post or we can't host your results. We posted the change warning in Aug '16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated the thread with changes because it is tournament season and the questions are surely coming. READ BEFORE YOU GET BUTT FURIOUS.

 

Also, all the old Madison results on our the new site! Currently working on formatting and will post the changes very soon. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 7:40 AM, davefmurray said:

Updated the thread with changes because it is tournament season and the questions are surely coming. READ BEFORE YOU GET BUTT FURIOUS.

 

Also, all the old Madison results on our the new site! Currently working on formatting and will post the changes very soon. :D

What is the link to these results?  Couldn't find the link on the main tecmomadision site.  If guessed the url \player\noonan but figured there would be a list/link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.