Green Bay, WI - 01/28/2017 - Tundra Bowl IV presented by Game Trade

RetroNathan

Currently, this is our tournament map of player locations that are participating/registered for Tundra Bowl IV. We had one player from Missouri that had to back out due to extenuating circumstances, and one from Minnesota that has not yet paid. All told, currently we have seven different states represented, and a new TUNDRA BOWL RECORD with 55 participants registered so far, with three days yet until the tournament! Thank you for spreading the word about our tournament - it is because of many amazing players in the Tecmo Community that this tournament has grown to the heights that it has, and I am both humbled and grateful for that. I'm looking forward to Friday and Saturday, and for this to be the best Tundra Bowl yet!

Capture.JPG

On 1/24/2017 at 1:37 PM, trojan1979 said:

I don't think you and I played during the last Milwaukee tournament.  I'm sensing sarcasm here on the joy factor.

Just saying it gets old playing the same people at every tourney. I believe you're right. So, 3 out of the last 5.

Just now, Coconuts said:

Just saying it gets old playing the same people at every tourney. I believe you're right. So, 3 out of the last 5.

I'm ok playing wherever they put me, and yes I agree it's nice to play different people if possible.  Maybe your pull as the defending Milwaukee and Tundra Bowl champ would afford you some influence there.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

If we get a few more people, I'll shuffle it a little so you're playing someone else. The challenge is I'm not sure who has seen who head-to-head often, so as best as I try to accommodate talent levels and previous matchups, there will always be a couple that may be unavoidable. 

Gotta post on this, and ill be the first to admit that I even messaged nate in regards to seedings. So without sounding like a giant hypocrite, lets just look at some facts here. #1 no one who has a tournament ever looks at seeding and says lets make this totally unfair. A MASSIVE amount of thought goes into to this. #2 lets think of the amount of tournament crews who have had over 55 people to seed, pretty short list. #3 with the amount of complete tecmo murderers growing at a rapid rate its simply impossible to get this exactly right. Go back and look at the amazing road aaron toner took to the final simply amazing. But prioir to that he would tell you very average madison competitor. Anyone can catch fire and make a historic run. In order to win a tourney gotta be the best that day and beat everyone anyway. I get the gripes and understand the challenge in playing familiar faces. But lets give tremendous credit to the guys that host tournaments like this. The tundra crew has done a incredible job and they have produced what i see as a fair and intriguing set of groups for this wonderful tourney.

Edited by Ryan11p

I have updated the list (57 players so far) and the Groups for Saturday. There had to be a few changes with the new registrations, and a couple with seeding, so please take a look at our first page/top post for the new adjustments.

Also, the final format is now set. Regardless of the number of entries yet to be determined, after Group Play, the Tournament Bracket will feature 28 players. The Top 2 players from each group will move onto the double-elimination bracket portion, with wildcards filling any vacant bracket positions. In this format, the top 4 seeds overall (record and point differential) after Group Play will receive first-round byes.

For those that just miss out on the Tournament Bracket because of records/point differential, the next 8 players will enter into a single elimination Consolation Bracket. 

We are paying 9 total finishing positions: The Top 8 of the Tournament Bracket, and the winner of the Consolation Bracket. Looking forward to the tournament in just under 48 hours!

nice TV.  looks like a hell of a game.

24 minutes ago, trojan1979 said:

16389300_360532834329664_64015420_o.jpg?oh=6465802b01b28f25057a7806905c742f&oe=588F0B93

This gem of a passing attack happened between Kyle Nelson and Troy Evers tonight.  The game was much closer than the score indicates.

A bit of sideline reporting for everyone: I asked Regulator what inspired him to play with such passion today, and he said it was the trash talking Mort was laying down on What'sApp in the week leading up to the tournament. 

"I thought it was weird when he sent me the portrait of his family, but I understood he was looking to intimidate me, and I responded in kind," an effervescent Regulator said to no one in particular in between opponent beatdowns.

Edited by sonofpatbeach

8 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

What Mort did to Orenga tonight should be illegal.

Or what he did to me. I think we learned a lesson. Never challenge @mort1237 to a garbage game. How about @ImFlo just haming it.up with a.newb at.boehmers after the tourney. Flo to.newb in game ..."Suck a Dick" lol. Then i told the dudes wife they playing for 1,ooo lol.   Ty for ride to hotel @trojan1979 and set up after tourney at the bar. I had.bunch of tough games. Many spotted cows consumed. great times were had. Congrats to 1st to 4th @regulator088 @mort1237 @Ones11fahzu @RetroNathan . Great time, many spotted cows consumes ty for great tourney Nate. 

23 hours ago, red98sethuthut said:

Or what he did to me. I think we learned a lesson. Never challenge @mort1237 to a garbage game. How about @ImFlo just haming it.up with a.newb at.boehmers after the tourney. Flo to.newb in game ..."Suck a Dick" lol. Then i told the dudes wife they playing for 1,ooo lol.   Ty for ride to hotel @trojan1979 and set up after tourney at the bar. I had.bunch of tough games. Many spotted cows consumed. great times were had. Congrats to 1st to 4th @regulator088 @mort1237 @Ones11fahzu @RetroNathan . Great time, many spotted cows consumes ty for great tourney Nate. 

You forgot @ImFlo playing urinary target practice on the fence afterwards.  Seriously great times.  Well done @RetroNathan as always.

• DFM unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, LincolnHawk said:

Shit I didn't know there was a tournament in Green Bay. I'm totally down to sign up for this next year. 

Awesome brother, we'll be happy to have you. Touch base with me at Madison (HN17) if you want to know more about the tourney, or just want to drop by and chat. Looking forward to meeting you.