Green Bay, WI - 01/28/2017 - Tundra Bowl IV presented by Game Trade

RetroNathan

The winners of our tournament qualifiers get entrance into Tundra Bowl IV for free! Congrats to the champions! A number of you have already registered, but I'm hoping to see ALL of you in January!

@regulator088 @noonan @joeygats @mort1237 @Ones11fahzu @thegamer1185 @stalltalk @Coconuts @OL' Dirty Tecmo

Edited by RetroNathan

We are a little over a month away from the fourth installation of Tundra Bowl, and we've got quite a few updates:

1.) IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT REGISTRATION AND SHIRTS - I have been informed by my shirt distributor that the absolute last date for placing an order will have to be Friday, January 13th. That means you only have just over TWO WEEKS to lock down your shirt size with a paid registration. 

***Of course, you can always register after that date, or pay at the door on game day (January 28), but your shirt size won't be guaranteed. 

If you, or your friends haven't yet registered, NOW IS THE TIME! The registration link can be found here, and make sure you complete your registration by paying through PayPal.

THE OFFICIAL UNVEILING OF OUR SHIRT DESIGN FOR TUNDRA BOWL IV...IS AFTER THIS POST!

2.) A lot of you have been asking about hotel information. I highly recommend the venue across the street from The Watering Hole - The AmericInn. Here is the WEBSITE with hotel info...but call them directly for booking: 920-434-9790...you will need to tell them you are staying for Tundra Bowl in order to get the $89 special event pricing. It's a nice hotel, and across from our venue to ensure you get some Friday night practice in.

For those looking for a cheaper option, there is the Motel 6, about five minutes away, and books for around $50. 

3.) For those that were interested in checking out Lambeau Tours and/or the Packers Hall of Fame, ticket prices are available on the respective linked pages.

4.) We will be having a huge advertising push in the next couple of weeks, so make sure you 'SHARE', 'LIKE', and 'RETWEET' any social media advertising you see for Tundra Bowl IV (Facebook, FB Event Page, Twitter). As the qualifier for Tecmo Madison, it's imperative that you spread the word, and register if you haven't already!

5.) Since we are running the same rules as Tecmo Madison, please familiarize yourself with the couple small tweaks they/we've made to the rules (FOUND HERE). These will also be posted to our website, customized for our tournament directors, and available at each station on game day. Long story short, here are the couple tweaks:

1. Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner can choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams) or defer the matchup choice to the coin-flip loser.

• If the winner chooses the matchup, the winner is given the P1 controller, and the loser chooses his choice of the two teams in the matchup.
  • If the winner defers the matchup choice, the winner is given the P2 controller,  the loser will then choose the matchup and the winner will select his choice of the two teams.

In summary, the winner of the coin toss either gets P1 and choice of matchup or P2 and choice of teams.

8. Controllers: Tournament competitors are allowed to bring their own controller to use in games.  Tournament organizers will also coordinate obtaining equipment for the competition for those that do not bring their own.  Tournament organizers will examine each controller and tag it as acceptable, only tagged controllers can be used.

• Competitor controllers must be original Nintendo OEM products and cannot be modified in any way.
  • Original NES controllers and NES dogbone controllers are allowed.
  • NES Max or NES Advantage are not allowed.
That's all of the updates for now - we are working on more giveaways and raffles for the tournament. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 
Edited by RetroNathan

• 2 weeks later...

Tundra Bowl is only 30 days away! To celebrate the tournament being less than a month from now, we have a HUGE announcement!

To all players that REGISTER AND PAY prior to January 13th, you will be entered for a phenomenal door prize: an AUTOGRAPHED ROGER CRAIG MINI HELMET!

Again, this giveaway is only for those that have registered AND paid prior to January 13th. If you haven't yet registered, register at our site here, and be entered into our door prize giveaway: 

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Spots are filling up, and we'd love to see you at Tundra Bowl IV!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by RetroNathan

We are just under three weeks away from Tundra Bowl IV! If you are on the fence, or know some buddies that are, sign up ASAP to secure a spot in the tournament, and guaranteed shirt size!

All people registered and paid by January 13th are entered to win our AUTOGRAPHED ROGER CRAIG MINI HELMET! Register for Tundra Bowl IV HERE!

Registered and Paid Participants get:

• an exclusive Tundra Bowl T-Shirt 
  • a pack of 1991 Pacific NFL Cards
  • a shot at the auto'd Roger Craig mini-helmet (for those registered by Jan. 13th)
  • a chance at a Vinny Testaverde Game Program (for winning a TBD Tecmo Challenge)
  • and....newly added...a shot at an official, full-sized Super Bowl XXV Pennant!

s-l1600.jpg

The top 8 places will receive CASH PRIZES! The winner of the tournament gets:

• A customized Tundra Bowl trophy (to be presented at Tecmo Madison)
  • FREE entry into Tecmo Madison XIII
  • One guaranteed streamed game at TMXIII, viewed by THOUSANDS of people worldwide
  • An automatic first-round bye at TMXIII
  • FREE entry into Tundra Bowl V

The winner of our Consolation Bracket will receive:

• A full-sized Super Bowl XXV Pennant and a cash prize

All currently registered and paid players are listed here: http://www.tundrabowl.com/tundra-bowl-iv.html

Hope to see you all on January 28th at The Watering Hole in Green Bay, WI!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by RetroNathan

We currently have 57 players registered, paid, and 100% complete on their entry into Tundra Bowl IV. We are further along in our registrations this year than we ever have been before at this time, and with our projections (based on registrations without payment, people paying at the door, walk-ins and people on the fence), we are looking to have close to 70-80 players for tournament day! While these are just projections, it is our hope we can reach that number this year through social media, word of mouth, and just an overall growing to our tournament. Each player will be guaranteed a minimum of 4 games in Tundra Bowl IV - and with our current participants and projections, we are looking at 10-15 groups this year. We are placing a #1 seeded, and #2 seeded player in each group to balance the level of talent, and come out with a phenomenal Tournament Bracket and Consolation Bracket. 

See top (page 1) post for the Number 1 and Number 2 seeds of each group.

Edited by RetroNathan

Looking to publish the first draft of Tundra Bowl groups by the end of this weekend. Obviously, these will be flexible depending on walk-in talent and late registrations, but gives you a solid idea of who you will be playing. Stay tuned.

Also, welcome our newest registrant and #1 seeded player, returning to Tundra Bowl this year after a short hiatus: Mr. @averagetsbplayer

Edited by RetroNathan

Updated the #1 seeds, and now, also posted current #2 seeds. All seeding is fluid as registrations and grouping will dictate. Initial groups will be posted by Sunday, with daily rollouts of certain groups happening shortly. Again, these may change as attendance dictates. Stay tuned.

Edited by RetroNathan

@RetroNathan thanks, glad to be coming.... The rust is being shaken off with thunder dome so I should be primed for the tourney. Ryan, Ones and I are riding up Friday night i believe so if anyone is around, I'm sure we'll be available for practice games. 

7 minutes ago, regulator088 said:

@RetroNathan thanks, glad to be coming.... The rust is being shaken off with thunder dome so I should be primed for the tourney. Ryan, Ones and I are riding up Friday night i believe so if anyone is around, I'm sure we'll be available for practice games. 

Watch out Green Bay, this one legged champion is rolling in:

reg_zpsba063e06-1.jpg

2 hours ago, RetroNathan said:

The first grouping to be released:

Louis B. @red98sethuthut
Matt B. @Heechy
Hank D. @hankthetank
Tom B. @allamerican1569
Jared M. @Tundrayeti311

Yes Heechy is in my group. For years i wanted an rematch for #OhNoIckey