davefmurray

Madison, WI - 04/08/17 - Tecmo Madison XIII: Return of the Mack

1 hour ago, noonan said:

I've spent hours/days scouring trading card sites, contacting people for their cards I need, offering trades and money.  And after all that I still have these 44 cards missing.

I appreciate the conversation and banter, but warn everyone that going through their thousands of cards may not yield the result of these missing cards.

However... every card found is closer to Tecmo glory... I share that glory every tournament (I bring this binder everywhere).  So the challenge is issued.  One free drink for every card offered to me at Tecmo Madison.  You come up with 44 of my missing cards... then you will be one drunk MoFO.

I've got stuff from 86-88 that may help you out. I'm guessing the ones you have listed aren't in the Pro Set collections from the early 90s.

5 hours ago, noonan said:

I've spent hours/days scouring trading card sites, contacting people for their cards I need, offering trades and money.  And after all that I still have these 44 cards missing.

I appreciate the conversation and banter, but warn everyone that going through their thousands of cards may not yield the result of these missing cards.

However... every card found is closer to Tecmo glory... I share that glory every tournament (I bring this binder everywhere).  So the challenge is issued.  One free drink for every card offered to me at Tecmo Madison.  You come up with 44 of my missing cards... then you will be one drunk MoFO.

Looks like I'm drinking for free buddy!  I'll bring you some...I know I have some or can find them.  I'm sure a lot of these aren't even available.  Backup 1-2 year guys in the league probably don't have cards in those early sets because FB sets were rarely full teams.

2 minutes ago, Dotdon said:

Cool to hear, looks to be the biggest yet.  Question--I'm trying to process how the 292 thing will work.  That's uneven for 7/8 man groups...are we having play in games?  Maybe I missed the format/structure updates?

Patience, Padawan. :D

More details very soon.

b7439a90-c958-43e5-8131-a9cf6d840d10.png

We have hit our soft cap of 272 and are well on the way to 292! Only 11 spots remain. This will be the biggest Tecmo Madison yet!

1 - For those traveling in, we have two blocks of hotel rooms to choose from: Clarion Suites & Hampton Inn. Call either and let them know you want in the Tecmo Bowl Madison room block and you'll be given the discount rate. 

More info here: http://tecmomadison.com/tecmo-madison-xiii/hotel/

2 - Friday night the festivities will begin 5:00 PM at The Plaza Tavern downtown. We'll have registration open so you can get that out of the way and will also have a competition to play TSB against former Chicago Bear Donnell Woolford.

More info here: http://tecmomadison.com/tecmo-madison-xiii/schedule/

3 - Saturday is the big day at the High Noon Saloon downtown! Doors will open at 9:30 AM for registration and the tournament will start at 11:00 AM. We run on-time so please don't be late!

4 - Rule changes are reflected on our site. Please familiarize yourself with them here: http://tecmomadison.com/rules/. With the updated number of participants and expected strength of the field there may be a slight shift in format. We will send out any and all changes to you directly.

7778d6f5-9675-432e-b721-1018f4987ee6.png
daabe114-89f5-404f-b37a-55605d2bf81c.png

3 hours ago, davefmurray said:

2 - Friday night the festivities will begin 5:00 PM at The Plaza Tavern downtown. We'll have registration open so you can get that out of the way and will also have a competition to play TSB against former Chicago Bear Donnell Woolford.

More info here: http://tecmomadison.com/tecmo-madison-xiii/schedule/

Don't let Donnell pull the wool over your eyes, Grogan.  He averaged 4 interceptions a year, over his 9-year career.  That's pretty awesome.

Rainbow loopers aren't going to cut it

On 1/26/2017 at 1:24 PM, Dotdon said:

Cool to hear, looks to be the biggest yet.  Question--I'm trying to process how the 292 thing will work.  That's uneven for 7/8 man groups...are we having play in games?  Maybe I missed the format/structure updates?

In short, if we get to the full 292, it will create two uneven regions. The region with the greater number of groups will have a play in with the two lowest seeds having a play-off to get to the big bracket.

Things to consider: there is an 8% drop-out rate year over year. The chances of a full 292 are low.

On January 22, 2017 at 3:04 PM, noonan said:

Disclaimer... I do appreciate the help.  Any contributions of these missing football cards is appreciated.  Any contribution (paid for or offered free) become my possession.  This soon-to-be full catalog of every TSB player in football card form is something I've been working on for years.  The ownership of all contents is mine until such time where I will auction/sell/bequeath this binder to another.  Profit from this collection is not my intent, but I won't be deaf to offers.

For some of these missing cards, manufactured cards simply do not exist.  For those I plan to print my own card for the catalog.  Ex: Barry Helton, P, SF.  No card exists on the market.   That said, here are my missing cards.

Player Position Team
BARRY HELTON P 49ers
GLEN KOZLOWSKI WR Bears
ERIK WILHELM QB Bengals
KENDAL SMITH WR Bengals
MIKE BARBER WR Bengals
DARRELL HAMILTON OL Broncos
MARC MUNFORD LB Broncos
VERNON JOINES WR Browns
CHRIS PIKE DL Browns
JEFF CARLSON QB Bucs
JOHN HARVEY RB Bucs
CARL BAX OL Bucs
AL DEL GRECO K Cards
JOE CARAVELLO RB Chargers
LES MILLER DL Chargers
ALFREDO ROBERTS TE Chiefs
IVY JOE HUNTER RB Colts
TONY MARTIN WR Dolphins
REGGIE SINGLETARY OL Eagles
MICHAEL REID LB Falcons
CHARLES DIMRY DB Falcons
STACEY ROBINSON WR Giants
DOUG WELLSANDT TE Jets
BRETT MILLER OL Jets
TERRY GREER WR Lions
HARVEY SALEM OL Lions
KETIH FERGUSON DL Lions
VICTOR JONES RB Oilers
DOUG LLOYD RB Oilers
JAY PENNISON OL Oilers
PAUL FAIRCHILD OL Patriots
CHRIS GAMBOL OL Patriots
RICHARD HARVEY LB Patriots
ROD MCSWAIN S Patriots
RORY GRAVES OL Raiders
DERRICK FAISON WR Rams
KEITH ENGLISH P Rams
BRIAN SMITH DL Rams
BRIAN MITCHELL RB Redskins
JOE HOWARD WR Redskins
JIMMIE JOHNSON TE Redskins
RICK STROM QB Steelers
RICHARD BELL RB Steelers
BRIAN BLANKENSHIP OL Steelers

I will bring all my cards to madison, you can have them but you have to go through all 4000 of them.

25 minutes ago, noonan said:

Did I read correctly in the updated Tecmo Madision rules that DL can bypass lurching rules if the offense is in shotgun?  Meaning a DL can run through the line of scrimmage untouched to pursue ball carrier?

@madmanyo360 @davefmurray

Always been that way.

31 minutes ago, noonan said:

Did I read correctly in the updated Tecmo Madision rules that DL can bypass lurching rules if the offense is in shotgun?  Meaning a DL can run through the line of scrimmage untouched to pursue ball carrier?

@madmanyo360 @davefmurray

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Always been that way.

As Coco mentioned, that has always been the rule. It is just clearly stated so we don't have to answer the same lurching questions over and over. Adding clarification has proven to save us no time in answering the same questions. lol

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Also, I should have expected an Iowan to grossly misspell Madison. I bet they started early on common core math too.

I've had that problem the past 5 years... type in Madison, and the extra "i" always gets in there.

Congrats to Tundra Bowl IV winner, @regulator088, with another historic undefeated run! Those in his path at Madison, may you rest in peace.

Regulator's entry has been gifted and he will soon receive his $$$ to travel to Madison. Luckily for @Ryan11p & @Ones11fahzu, their gas money liability has been drastically reduced. Win win win.

nXxOjZrbnbRxS.gif

53 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Congrats to Tundra Bowl IV winner, @regulator088, with another historic undefeated run! Those in his path at Madison, may you rest in peace.

Regulator's entry has been gifted and he will soon receive his $$$ to travel to Madison. Luckily for @Ryan11p & @Ones11fahzu, their gas money liability has been drastically reduced. Win win win.

congrats.  what tournament venues are part of the gifted "entry" and "travel" to Madison tourney?

ok. so I had my lawyer read that and now I assume it (tundra bowl) is the only venue because of the "exclusive qualifying" language.  

for some reason (some other thread?) I was under the impression that there were other tournament venues that had similar "benefits", hence my question.  thanks for the mad help, scro'.

Edited by buck