davefmurray

Madison, WI - 04/08/17 - Tecmo Madison XIII: Return of the Mack

624 posts in this topic

If you need a teaser: Additionally, Donnell Woolford — a Chicago Bear on the original Tecmo Super Bowl — will.... Read the article!

There's so much awesome that topping each awesome thing requires something more awesome. At some point we're going to have to announce that we're playing a Tecmo tournament in the game Tron-style in order to top the last bit of awesome. 

flynn_zps2lmsceh6.gif

19 hours ago, Lamefest said:

Not me. I'm going wherever you are so Tuggle's and I can try endlessly to microwave a frozen pizza near you. It's gonna work damn it! It just needs more time!

Holy shit, that was the funniest god damn thing I'd ever seen.

"Guys... don't eat that."

I'm so fired up about this. I'm gonna try to find my way over there from Seattle somehow... My only request to the Mighty Midwest Tecmo community is to locate and drag George aka "The People's Champ" back to this for another terrorization of the Greater Madison Area... I will respond by doing my best to get this forum's best shit talker, Rudy aka "Tailback King" to the party as well.

There has been one George EVER in Madison history from the data I have. His username is Gayge, which lines up with his persona. Do I dare reach out directly?
George    S        Schaumburg, IL     Gayge

Because some of you are HOUNDING ME! Here is the latest hotel info. Still waiting on group rate confirmations (will be cheaper than displayed here) from Hampton Inn & Double Tree. Managers are on "vacation" currently.

$43 Motel 6 4202 E Towne Blvd, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 241-3861
$65 Super 8 Madison East 4765 Hayes Rd, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 249-5300 <- TBorg Fav
$69 Red Roof Inn Madison 4830 Hayes Rd, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 241-1787
$127 Hampton Inn  440 W Johnson St, Madison, WI 53703 (608) 255-0360 <- Close by
$147 DoubleTree by Hilton  525 W Johnson St, Madison, WI 53703 (608) 251-5511 <- Close by

hey dave, is there a list online of how many players are registered and how many slots are left? also, will the tournament data from the old tecmo madison site be posted somewhere?

thanks man!

edit: one more thing.. thoughts on tecmo super bowl regular season record book? twin galaxies style, but for tecmo? in the early days of the internet i'd always look at tecmo super bowl record book websites. very cool concept

Edited by 8-bit

6 minutes ago, 8-bit said:

hey dave, is there a list online of how many players are registered and how many slots are left? also, will the tournament data from the old tecmo madison site be posted somewhere?

thanks man!

@8-bit

Dave can correct me if I'm wrong..which I might be...

There isn't a list of how many and who is registered....YET. I believe that info will be made available sometime in the next few weeks(me taking a guess)  I'm also pretty sure  Dave has said the old tourney data will be back at some point. 

Just now, 8-bit said:

thanks man!

Registration list is coming soon. We are near 70%ish full. All the old data will be migrated, yes, but eventually. We'll start publishing data for matchups, power rankings and etc soon.

10 minutes ago, 8-bit said:

edit: one more thing.. thoughts on tecmo super bowl regular season record book? twin galaxies style, but for tecmo? in the early days of the internet i'd always look at tecmo super bowl record book websites. very cool concept

Yea, cool idea but no way I have time to police that. Without videos and proof, it is just a crap shoot.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, davefmurray said:

Because some of you are HOUNDING ME! Here is the latest hotel info. Still waiting on group rate confirmations (will be cheaper than displayed here) from Hampton Inn & Double Tree. Managers are on "vacation" currently.

$43 Motel 6 4202 E Towne Blvd, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 241-3861
$65 Super 8 Madison East 4765 Hayes Rd, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 249-5300 <- TBorg Fav
$69 Red Roof Inn Madison 4830 Hayes Rd, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 241-1787
$127 Hampton Inn  440 W Johnson St, Madison, WI 53703 (608) 255-0360 <- Close by
$147 DoubleTree by Hilton  525 W Johnson St, Madison, WI 53703 (608) 251-5511 <- Close by

Who wants to get dirty with me at the Motel 6? I'm half-kidding. Glad to see the S8E back. 

Of all those registered, here are those that included their usernames, sorted alphabetically. There are 35% more that either did not include their usernames or are first timers.

8-bit
allamerican1569
Americanolineup
ARNCOEM
Ashman
ATL-RB#34
AverageTSBPlayer
Bag boy
Beef Juice
Bigmv54
Birdhas_uwl
Bob Nelson
Bob Nelson
Boknowstecmo
bruddog
Bshooter1
Chaffee
crestedchris or punkyqb
Curt
D.T.
DA GREAT RB#34
Dan S
Dentfordays
Ding
Dr. Frolf
DSNYDS
DYKES
Espi
fabulas fulcher
Fargo10
Flash80
Flo
FreakinRican
gabelikesbutts
Gingeman
Gridiron
Hardy Nickerson
holzy11
Hundtsters clan
I don't remember
jbarn54
jebigred
JimSocks13
jmoskwa99
johnny tecmo
justin
justinpeters51
Kevin Cabarello
Lamefest
Lane1138
Leonardite
Lovetecmo4ever
LuckyTool
Magnus
Majik Man
Mattrick Swayze/OL' Dirty Tecmo
mort1237
Nameless Loser
Neerrm
NMUFred
Noonan
Oklahoma.Bo
Prime Time
Proto Man
Qboilers
red98sethuthut
Regulator088
RetroNathan
Rockman
Rodney Peete QB Sneak
Ryan N
Ryan11p
Ryanr 33 fulcher/Ricor33
SammieSmith33
Sanchez
scline164/outlaws
SCONNIE
Scotty
Segathonsov
SirTed
Slaughterhouse
Smarty
sonofpatbeach
SuicideKing81
Super Duper
Sweetness
TecmoBo
tecmodell42
tecmopsycho
The Baz
The ManCandy
The Ultimate Weapon
the_shield
Thegamer1185
Thenicolino
Tick
Tilt
TimPapi
tundrayeti311
VogtCD11
Woodshed

4 hours ago, davefmurray said:

@Coconuts banking on your Tundra Bowl win to register? :D:D

No, someone moved the registration date up, so I have to wait until Friday to get paid. I'm a broke ass college student now.

I thought MADISON was retired???????????  I guess not.  Here's my Madison dilema...I know in my heart of hearts that if I go to Madison using PHX, (even with the greatest tecmobowl player in my backfield) I will get crunched by better teams with better offensive and defensive lines, and ousted out of the tourney pretty early......and on the other hand, if I go to Madison with the attitude that I'm just gonna roll people with TECMO SKILL and go by dice rolls and matchups, yes, I would fair better in the win department and maybe even get to..........sweet sixteen???..........great eight???.........final four???.....or be the fucc!n CHAMP!!!......who knows.  But I do know that if I abandon what has made me a great player, what's made this game fun after all these years, and the player I literally grew up idolizing, what kind of experience would that be at the biggest Tourney this game has ever seen???????...a WACK one.  That's the definition of a double edged sword no matter how I, or any one of you look at it.       

7 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

I thought MADISON was retired???????????  I guess not.  Here's my Madison dilema...I know in my heart of hearts that if I go to Madison using PHX, (even with the greatest tecmobowl player in my backfield) I will get crunched by better teams with better offensive and defensive lines, and ousted out of the tourney pretty early......and on the other hand, if I go to Madison with the attitude that I'm just gonna roll people with TECMO SKILL and go by dice rolls and matchups, yes, I would fair better in the win department and maybe even get to..........sweet sixteen???..........great eight???.........final four???.....or be the fucc!n CHAMP!!!......who knows.  But I do know that if I abandon what has made me a great player, what's made this game fun after all these years, and the player I literally grew up idolizing, what kind of experience would that be at the biggest Tourney this game has ever seen???????...a WACK one.  That's the definition of a double edged sword no matter how I, or any one of you look at it.       

To keep it real, or to not keep it real. That is the question. You can certainly keep it real and get out of group play and into the bracket. I think you can do both. Keep it real to progress through the early stages then flip the script to show your r3@l $k1llz in the bracket and knock everyone out. This sounds like an epic Tecmo journey and I would love to stream it.

59 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Lots of info dropped in the opening posts. Event info, rules changes, registration lists and more.

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/68918-madison-wi-040817-tecmo-madison-xiii-return-of-the-mack/?do=findComment&comment=474165

Sconnie lives!

Edited by Leonardite

With Sconnie in the tournament @Leonardite 's towel will actually make sense this year. 

As for @kingsoby1, he's probably still hiding in shame after losing to me (see the below pic for details) 8O