davefmurray

Madison, WI - 04/08/17 - Tecmo Madison XIII: Return of the Mack

624 posts in this topic

http://tecmomadison.com/top-12-finisher-sponsor-prizes-tecmo-xiii/

kt_logo_us.png

Koei Tecmo is hooking you up if you get into the Top 12! All Top 12 finishers will get a 6-pack of awesome, new Koei Tecmo releases for PS4!

• Attack on Titan
  • Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
  • Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey
  • Toukiden 2
  • Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Prizes will be distributed as a download code for use in the PS Store.

logo-300x98.png

LOGO-1-300x212.png

On 3/29/2017 at 10:38 AM, davefmurray said:

Beef, that has been the overall consensus. Should we just do it at the High Noon on the patio?

Sure. I can bring stuff and just have it on hand at the Hampton if people want to stop by and swap later too.

On 3/8/2017 at 2:23 PM, davefmurray said:

NBA Jam: TE Teams:
The Pain Train: @davefmurray & @segathonsov
Rice & Rony: @sonofpatbeach & @Leonardite
The Female Canine Backhand Servers: @arncoem & @duecethasa1nt
Super Duper Beef Juice: @Beef Juice & @Super Duper
The Drunk & Lazy: @averagetsbplayer & @Child_of_Destiny
Team FoxRod: @tecmoaz & @Knobbe
No Use For A Name: @Ryan11p & @kevincabarello
Vlade Daw Dee, We likes 2 Potty: @JimSocks13 & @Woodshed 
Your Mom Likes Our Jam: @Tecmo_Ninja & Levi 
Trick 'Em Dick 'Em: @Mort1237 & @red98sethuthut
Hangtime Is Better: Tecmo Magnus & Justin
TBD: Odell & Jebigred

Bogues Nation: Scott B. and Tony J

Anyone looking for a TE partner, hit up a brothe!!! (PM me)

13 minutes ago, Green Majik said:

Anyone looking for a TE partner, hit up a brothe!!! (PM me)

Help a brother out!! ^^

NBA Jam: TE Teams:

1. We Ain't Found Smits: @davefmurray & @segathonsov
  2. Rice & Rony: @sonofpatbeach & @Leonardite
  3. The Female Canine Backhand Servers: @arncoem & @duecethasa1nt
  4. Super Duper Beef Juice: @Beef Juice & @Super Duper
  5. The Drunk & Lazy: @averagetsbplayer & @Child_of_Destiny
  6. Team FoxRod: @tecmoaz & @Knobbe
  7. No Use For A Name: @Ryan11p & @kevincabarello
  8. Vlade Daw Dee, We likes 2 Potty: @JimSocks13 & @Woodshed 
  9. Mookie Loves You Long Time: RetroNathan & Levi 
  10. Trick 'Em Dick 'Em: @Mort1237 & @red98sethuthut
  11. Hangtime Is Better: Tecmo Magnus & Justin
  12. Zo's Grandmama: Odell & Jebigred
  13. Bogues Nation: Scott B. and Tony J
  14. Simply Sick: Mitch Dohm & Dustin Cooper
  15. Showtime: Matt & @Tom Stahnke
  16. Tenacious D: Dan Steward & JG Bradley
  17. TBD: Scott Stefanek & Dan Masciello
  18. Legalize Kemp: Tick and DT
  19. TBD: Danny Hoversten & Jeremy Pearson
  20. TBD: David Vincent Clemons & David Sawyer
  21. BJ On My Pippen: Justin Kehl & Bryan Peck

90% chance another buddy of mine will be coming along to the NBA jam stuff on Friday. He won't have a partner but if there is another walk in who doesn't have one can they just sign up on the spot that day? 

22 hours ago, LincolnHawk said:

90% chance another buddy of mine will be coming along to the NBA jam stuff on Friday. He won't have a partner but if there is another walk in who doesn't have one can they just sign up on the spot that day? 

No problem. Walkups are encouraged. Go up one post and there is someone looking for a partner!

22 hours ago, LincolnHawk said:

PM'd you!

Tecmo Madison & Flo Fan Club have joined forces to offer you awesome shirts for purchase this year! For the first time, you can preorder your shirt to have it guaranteed to be in the venue (or shipped to you if not coming!). Below you will find the 3 designs we're offering. Tournament participants will receive their free tournament shirt as usual which is a 4th separate design.

Shirt #1 - I'm Here For Beer And Tecmo, designed by Flo Fan Club -- Purchase here --> http://tecmomadison.com/product/im-here-for-beer-and-tecmo-shirt/

Beer&Tecmo.png

Shirt #2 - Return Of The Mack, designed by davefmurray -- Purchase here --> http://tecmomadison.com/product/return-of-the-mack-shirt/

return-of-the-mack.png

Shirt #3 - Bo Knows Touchdowns, designed by davefmurray -- Purchase here --> http://tecmomadison.com/product/bo-knows-touchdowns-shirt/

Bo-Knows-TDs.png

Tecmo XIII's Participant Shirt. (Not for sale)

tecmo-xiii-shirt.png

On 3/29/2017 at 9:52 PM, JimSocks13 said:

Count me in for the swap, I'm down for wherever 

Spoken by many a married lady in the 70s

Talking to Burning Mort Co-Founder @Leonardite

From: http://tecmomadison.com/talking-to-burning-mort-co-founder-leonardite/

Every fan of Tecmo Super Bowl has his own reason for loving the world’s best video game. Neil Roesler of Leonard, North Dakota gets his jollies from “the sheer calamity that ensues” when the defensive team guesses the offense’s play correctly.

14-226x300.jpg
Leonardite (left) w/ the Tecmo Godfather

Play-calling can never be taken lightly in competitive Tecmo. Roesler remembers playing a friend when an odd moment occurred. While first and goal, he picked a hail mary play that was blitzed on by his opponent.

“The gamesmanship is even worse with people you play against frequently,” says Roesler, alias Leonardite. “The over-thinking becomes absurd.”

But coming together with nerds of the same passion is what makes Tecmo so damn fun.

Roesler and his North Dakotan cronies, Joey S. (Dr. Frolf) and Barry A. (Bob Nelson), have traveled to Madison every year since Madison VII in 2011. Bryce M has joined them since Madison IX.

From the get-go, Roesler’s engagement with Tecmo culture has been spirited.

“The stories made at these tournaments have been absurd, rarely involve Tecmo, and should largely be confined to the dark web,” Roesler witticises.

But as human nature proves time and again, such is the stuff that fulfilling memories are made of. Buried in the guise of archaic video game simulation, many other Tecmo enthusiasts have found a rich community.

“The best part of Madison is the reunion with all the people we have met,” Roesler says.

“If everyone was a bunch of pricks buried in the stats and the results, I would have stopped going long ago. Instead, Madison is a can't miss annual event, and my personal Tecmo calendar keeps growing a little bigger each year when the right opportunities arise.”

North Dakota has become yet another significant marker on the Tecmo community map, thanks to Roesler and his Peace Garden State squad.

The first “Burning Mort” was held in Leonard, North Dakota, on July 16th of 2016. While attended by a modest twelve competitors, the highly documented event was, by all recordable accounts, a smashing success.
Roesler insists that Burning Mort isn’t a tournament at all, but instead a “Tecmo Experience.” Involving hours of gameplay that are interrupted by frat house tomfoolery such as keg stands, the weekend was a largely shirtless bonding experience by all involved.

During the months-longed build-up to Burning Mort, the event page on TecmoBowl.org produced many predictions as to what the heck this new "Tecmo Experience" would be. Fittingly, Roesler says that the closest speculation came by none other than the godfather of Tecmo.

“So it’s like the Ryder Cup on stupid,” offered Knobbe.

The Ryder Cup, of course, spins the solitary sport of golf into a cooperative adventure, while the Tecmo Ryder Cup does the same for the sport of Tecmo Super Bowl.

In his personal quest for Tecmo greatness, Leonardite has made headway during his last two Madison appearances, advancing past the first knock-out round in his last two efforts.

Look for Leonardite to garner a karmic boost from his recent contributions to the Tecmo Community via Burning Mort. A sweet sixteen birth is certainly within his reach.

But much more importantly, so are new Tecmo memories.

--

Neil is the author of the hilarious Tecmo Bowl meme site, Leonardite.com.

Written by @Green Majik

NBA Jam: TE Teams

1. We Ain't Found Smits: @davefmurray & @segathonsov
  2. Rice & Rony: @sonofpatbeach & @Leonardite
  3. The Female Canine Backhand Servers: @arncoem & @duecethasa1nt
  4. Super Duper Beef Juice: @Beef Juice & @Super Duper
  5. The Drunk & Lazy: @averagetsbplayer & @Child_of_Destiny
  6. Team FoxRod: @tecmoaz & @Knobbe
  7. No Use For A Name: @Ryan11p & @kevincabarello
  8. Vlade Daw Dee, We likes 2 Potty: @JimSocks13 & @Woodshed 
  9. Mookie Loves You Long Time: RetroNathan & Levi 
  10. Trick 'Em Dick 'Em: @Mort1237 & @red98sethuthut
  11. Hangtime Is Better: Tecmo Magnus & Justin
  12. Zo's Grandmama: Odell & Jebigred
  13. Bogues Nation: Scott B. and Tony J
  14. Simply Sick: Mitch Dohm & Dustin Cooper
  15. Showtime: Matt & @Tom Stahnke
  16. Tenacious D: Dan Steward & JG Bradley
  17. TBD: Scott Stefanek & Dan Masciello
  18. Legalize Kemp: Tick and DT
  19. TBD: Danny Hoversten & Jeremy Pearson
  20. TBD: David Vincent Clemons & David Sawyer
  21. BJ On My Pippen: Justin Kehl & Bryan Peck
  22. The Shirtless Banditos: Kyle & Diaz
  23. Stockton Bonds: Steve F & Chris F

Posted (edited)

Called off work for this Friday! Told them I have an appointment with @DrFrolf. I hope he provides a signed Doctor's excuse :?

Edited by JimSocks13

Anyone looking to save money on a hotel i'm in for 30 even if it means sleeping on the floor.  Text me 920-840-3082.

I didn't know Tecmo was associated with the Dead or Alive game series.  Considering the half time show panty shot scene, I'm not surprised by this new knowledge.

Anyone know what time the tournament streams will start this year?  Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread

2 hours ago, TheRook said:

Anyone know what time the tournament streams will start this year?  Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread

~12PM CST

The numbers of people I thought would be in Friday Night Retro according to Phil Simms 

As-a-Giant-1st-down.jpg

The actual numbers

Phil-Simms-drinks-tea-bag.gif

@segathonsov since Simms is out of work, if we move fast we can probably get him to call the games on Friday

On 3/16/2017 at 11:13 AM, arncoem said:

shit he scammed me for $20 to sign my Tecmo Cart at the NYC tourney- want a $10 Leif Powers gift card to use at a later date to make up the difference! 

It tells you how far away my brain is from sports culture that I had to read this three times to get it. You guys are going to win a lot of money for charity from me in 2 days. :-P

A musical offering for the Tecmo gods. May the sound of song appease our CC sins...

Oh ye mighty Tecmo Gods. Take this offering of sound as a sacrifice. May the fumbles be few, the JJs be plentyful, and may you stop me from ordering Reuben pizza at 2am the night before the tournament. P.S. Say hi to Rod Woodson for me. 

OH MY GAWD! ...bout time Tatupu got a shout in one of these... Nice work fellas