davefmurray

Madison, WI - 04/08/17 - Tecmo Madison XIII: Return of the Mack

518 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, qb_browns said:

Billy Beane wishes he had the knowledge of bruddog. As do Paul DePodesta, JP Ricciardi, and David Forst. 

He wishes as i do Jeremy Giambi slid. He probably hates Justin Verlander too. 

Posted (edited)

I have one more strategy question. Is there a diagram somewhere that maybe bruddog made that shows where each wr and rb is lined up preplay? I know I should probably know this already and eventually I will, but sometimes if I want to throw to a particular receiver I'm not sure of which route they were on to start the play, thus not knowing exactly who I'm throwing to.  For example, does WR1 always lineup at the top of the screen in every formation? 

Edited by LincolnHawk

2 hours ago, LincolnHawk said:

I have one more strategy question. Is there a diagram somewhere that maybe bruddog made that shows where each wr and rb is lined up preplay? I know I should probably know this already and eventually I will, but sometimes if I want to throw to a particular receiver I'm not sure of which route they were on to start the play, thus not knowing exactly who I'm throwing to.  For example, does WR1 always lineup at the top of the screen in every formation? 

you're gonna need more help than a diagram.

As long as I know who is lining up where I'll be fine. I always thought WR1 was at the top of the screen but im not 100% sure of that. 

And by fine I mean I'll be ok to play. I have no delusions of grandeur like I'm sure a lot of tournament n00bs have that think they are going to kick ass in the tournament. Since I've become serious about playing I've gotten a lot better but I certainly have a long way to go. My goal this year is to win one game. Anything else is just house money. 

7 hours ago, LincolnHawk said:

The tecmo "bible" by Leif Powers has what you seek

http://tecmobowl.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=15044

19 minutes ago, LincolnHawk said:

This is awesome. Thanks! 

You can tell Leif so yourself. The Plaza Region, Group 12, B seed. 

23 minutes ago, qb_browns said:

You can tell Leif so yourself. The Plaza Region, Group 12, B seed. 

I heard only $10 for autos this year too!

54 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

I heard only $10 for autos this year too!

shit he scammed me for $20 to sign my Tecmo Cart at the NYC tourney- want a $10 Leif Powers gift card to use at a later date to make up the difference! 

On his Tecmo 101 site Mort has a pre snap diagram with labels for the r & s lineup. That's what I needed. 

5 hours ago, LincolnHawk said:

On his Tecmo 101 site Mort has a pre snap diagram with labels for the r & s lineup. That's what I needed. 

Since you're cramming, another thing to practice/discover is which plays are "blitz" proof with a hot route.  Offset Flare E (the offset I play in the 2nd play slot) has a built in hot route to the RB, so you can throw to him on picked play to at least avoid a sack. 

1 hour ago, qb_browns said:

Since you're cramming, another thing to practice/discover is which plays are "blitz" proof with a hot route.  Offset Flare E (the offset I play in the 2nd play slot) has a built in hot route to the RB, so you can throw to him on picked play to at least avoid a sack. 

This is key - some pass plays have 2 or even 3 call safe receivers. I try to put as many call safe receivers in my playbook as possible. If you are practing alone choose to play Man vs Coa and always have the Coa player pick the same play as you.  Then practice counting taps to call safe receivers to make sure you can get the pass off in time.

Note: If you have QB Eagles, a lot more pass plays can become "call safe" that aren't typically...

16 hours ago, The Ultimate Weapon said:

Note: If you have QB Eagles, a lot more pass plays can become "call safe" that aren't typically...

My "call safe" word with QB Eagles is paprika.

57 minutes ago, sonofpatbeach said:

My "call safe" word with QB Eagles is paprika.

From Wikipedia:

"In the United States, paprika is frequently sprinkled raw on foods as a garnish, but the flavor is more effectively pronounced by heating it in oil."

Tecmo translation - blitz QB eagles at your own peril

A few bros asked for more pics of the trophy. Here you go. Starting Lineup used for scale.

Photo Mar 19, 3 12 19 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 19, 3 12 13 PM.jpg

Your weekly reminder to unregister from the tournament - also, since we've received comments from people via other means about friends and relatives if you notice someone in a group that you know isn't coming, let us know too so we can reach out and confirm with them. 

Time to liven this forum up.  express my love for the upcoming tourny in childhood posters

Don't give me the Jets as  Kenny O is....

$(KGrHqZ,!hgE+WE89vWkBQEuZolHs!~~60_12.J

NBA Jam if you see Dave & I pick the Hornets.  Grandmama is going to make you cry

f0b91ea0fec691d2ac2ba93e4dcfe2b3.jpg

NHL 95, just take note that.....

gretzky-I-love-LA.jpg