TSB NCAA 2016

My TSB NCAA 2016 is for this upcoming year.  EA always being a year ahead is dumb.  This rom is complete and I don't see me making any updated versions in the near future.  My teams were ranked according to Phil Steele's Annual Magazine Pre-Season Poll.  I used bruddog's thread ranking the teams for MAN games and Phil Steele's Unit Rankings to compare and determine which NCAA team should get which Original TSB offense and defense.  I did all the names for every player and the depth charts (from early July) according to Ourlads site and for the gaps I used Phil Steele's Magazine again. 

RANK - NCAA (TSB OFF/DEF)
1.  Florida State (BUF/MIN)
2.  Alabama (RAM/CHI)
3.  Oklahoma (PHI/RAI)
4.  LSU (RAI/PIT)
5.  Clemson (SF/RAM)
6.  Ohio State (DEN/TB)
7.  Tennessee (DET/WAS)
8.  Washington (GB/NYG)
9.  Notre Dame (DEN/DAL)
10.  Stanford (SD/SF)
11.  Texas Christian (DAL/MIA)
12.  Michigan (CHI/KC)
13.  Michigan State (PIT/NYJ)
14.  Iowa (IND/DEN)
15.  UCLA (MIA/CIN)
16.  Boise State (WAS/SEA)
17.  Ole Miss (TB/HOU)
18.  Baylor (CIN/IND)
19.  Miami (KC/DAL)
20.  Houston (SEA/NE)
21.  Louisville (NYJ/ATL)
22.  Nebraska (TB/NO)
23.  Georgia (NYG/DET)
24.  Texas (CLE/RAM)
25.  Southern Cal (HOU/PHI)
26.  UNC (DAL/CLE)
27.  Auburn (MIN/PHX)
28.  Texas A&M (ATL/KC)
29.  Penn State (NO/GB)
30.  Florida (NE/SD)
31.  Wisconsin (PHX/BUF)
32.  Northwestern (WORST)

Schedule:
Week 1 Last year's Bowl Games
Week 2 Last year's National Championship (ALA-CLM)
Week 3  Biggest Non-Conference games of 2016 (Basically, Week 1 of this season.)
Week 4-6  Other Non-Conference games
Week 7-12  Same Conference, Other Divisions
Week 13-15  Divisional Games
Week 16  Rival Week
Week 17 Conference Championships - based on Phil Steele's Predictions (I added a Big12 Title Game because they should have one.)

Other Features:
NCAA Graphics
Phil Steele's Pre-Season Rankings are on each teams mini helmet (Thanks to Proads26)
Worst Possible TSB Roster - Northwestern Wildcats (Thanks to Bodom)
Pro Bowl = Army vs. Navy - Theme and Colors (Even Teams - TB Offense & KC Defense)

Notes:

I don't have the time or really care about skin color or faces, other than some of the starting QB/RB/WR/TE and a few star DEF players, so other players faces and skin color may be off.  The OL starting five is right for each team but are out of position as I forgot Ourlads order was different than TSB's.  Oh well.

Sorry to fans of Army, Navy, Oregon, Oklahoma State, South Florida, Pittsburgh, Air Force, Mississippi State, Cincinnati, Utah, Arizona State, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Western Michigan and BYU as they didn't make the cut.  Oregon seems to be the only team that you could argue should be in the game but Phil Steele projects that UCLA, USC, Washington and Stanford will all have better years this season and the PAC12 only gets 4 teams in my game.  Sorry ducks - maybe pick 1 uniform and stick with it.

Thank you for all you've done for me and the TSB community:  Knobbe, bodom, davefmurray, Maynard_G_Krebs, Jstout, Cxrom, BAD_AL, buck, bruddog, xplozv, Elway, TecmoTurd, drummer4god, Proads26, Brinky274, drunken_honkey, Hurricane55, Tecmo Psycho, philleyOphish, mort237, QBEagles, slim_jimmy7, Bad Moon Rison, BO FB Offtackle Left, MRTECMOSUPERBOWL, averagetsbplayer, TDO, meat, rewhawl, and everyone that lives in Wisconsin.

ZIPPED:
2 Versions:
TSB NCAA 2016 Vanilla - Original TSB style
TSB NCAA 2016 Juiced - 16-0 Every Week
Read Me

Edited by fatcheerleader

• DFM changed the title to (NES) TSB NCAA 2016
On 8/11/2016 at 9:43 PM, fatcheerleader said:

EA always being a year ahead is dumb.

but if the playoffs and the Super Bowl (or "national title" game, in the NCAA's case) for the 2016 regular season actually takes place in 2017, is it really an unreasonable leap to label it as a 2017 game?

In the case of TSB, especially since the game is called Tecmo SUPER BOWL, I figure it makes sense to use the actual year of the Super Bowl in the game title.

Well, I finished the player ratings about a week ago and have been in a holding pattern since then.  Now, I'm just waiting for the NFL teams to cut their rosters down to 53 players on September 3rd so that I can finish my own rosters.

Other than that critical step, the game is ready.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to slightly shorten the time span of MAN vs. COM and MAN vs. MAN grapples in order to increase the influence of HP on the game.  I've already turbocharged the rate that the moving grapples move to help accomplish the same goal, but I think I may want a little more.

• Knobbe featured and pinned this topic
On 9/10/2016 at 3:26 PM, Knobbe said:

No Oregon?

Your Huskers proved my point why Oregon shouldn't be included!  I guess Steele having FSUx #1 may have been off a bit.  I couldn't take my eyes off the Louisville show yesterday.  I dream of my Florida Gators beating up on FSUx like that.  Wow.  Next season, Jackson will be QB Eagles.  Hell, he should be Vick from Madden95 -- maybe more dominating than BO (sorry Tecmo Gods, please forgive me!).

• 1 month later...

Mega-fun rom, Fat.  Just-finished my first season through

... Other than liking the BADGERS generally, I never knew anything about this year's squad.  Then again - other than getting beat hard by cj BEATHARD (QB, Hawkeyes) - it only proves that age-old adage of, "If you sport a number of stellar names, Sport, you gonna win a number of stellar GAMES, Sport!"

names like:

(O)

Bart Houston

Austin Ramesh

Alec Ingold

Jazz Peavy

Kren Sanders

(D)

Vince Biegel

Leo Musso...

and Games like:

Overcoming a 0-26 deficit, to do this

TSB NCAA 2016 Juiced0-26>psu.png

followed, a couple weeks later, by blanking Big Blue

TSB NCAA 2016 JuicedshutoutBlue.png

And finishing the season 8-4, to start the playoffs by discarding of UCLA

TSB NCAA 2016 Juiced>ucla.png

before taking OSU to the OT woodshed (and luckily getting the ball first ;))

TSB NCAA 2016 JuicedOT>osu.png

Then, on 1st-and-84 - trailing 5 - with less than 30 ticks to go, Do you go ROLL OUT RIGHT???  TSB NCAA 2016 JuicedRollOutR.png

Yeah, but Bart hit Jazz perfectly in stride on the wideout deep route for the walk-off.

TSB NCAA 2016 Juiced>was!.png

Oh, but it didn't end there!  There is the matter of Championship Football to attend to

TSB NCAA 2016 JuicedChamps.png

[21 second-half points scored {Peavy, Wheelwright TD recepts; Clement TD run}, after giving up they 1st-half trey]

ALL JUICED!!!  NO RESETS!  DEFAULT PLAYBOOK...  #31 BADGERS OVER #1 FSU!!!!!!!

TSB NCAA 2016 JuicedBart.pngTSB NCAA 2016 JuicedClement.pngTSB NCAA 2016 JuicedRamesh.png

TSB NCAA 2016 JuicedWheelwright.pngTSB NCAA 2016 JuicedPeavy.pngTSB NCAA 2016 JuicedSheehy.png

TSB NCAA 2016 JuicedDietzen.pnghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4vi3bs3PdBo/TOhY07FO4qI/AAAAAAAAAHA/17UdhPo8Rqg/s400/Weird+Al.jpg

Edited by Bolt
Who's BAD?

• 2 weeks later...

Bolt, glad you enjoyed it.  I laugh at the fact that I used Phil Steele's Preseason rankings and he brags about how accurate he is every year.  Wow, even if he was the best this year he was still way off!   By my count, about 9 teams made the game that shouldn't have.  I think next year I may do it by units instead of matching offenses and defenses to make it a little more accurate.  

I just downloaded Baron's new college game and am excited to give it some time this weekend.  

21 hours ago, fatcheerleader said:

Bolt, glad you enjoyed it.  I laugh at the fact that I used Phil Steele's Preseason rankings and he brags about how accurate he is every year.  Wow, even if he was the best this year he was still way off!   By my count, about 9 teams made the game that shouldn't have.  I think next year I may do it by units instead of matching offenses and defenses to make it a little more accurate.  

I just downloaded Baron's new college game and am excited to give it some time this weekend.  

fats, you need to accept the fact that YOU are an expert with NCAA football.  I mean, you could write a magazine.  Quit using these hacks as a reference and use your own mind/gut.....just a suggestion.

2 hours ago, buck said:

fats, you need to accept the fact that YOU are an expert with NCAA football.  I mean, you could write a magazine.  Quit using these hacks as a reference and use your own mind/gut.....just a suggestion.

Aww shucks you're making me blush!  Maybe I will do that next year.  I do watch way too much college football and do actually try to watch every team in FBS throughout the year.  I even posted a hit list on my fridge every year and way back in the before time I even recorded every team on vcr tapes.   Then I would be able to watch all the players my NFL team drafted.  What the hell was I doing?!  Freaking psycho.  haha   That being said, I have 6 games scheduled on the dvr right now.  Idiot.

• DFM unpinned this topic