Most K points in a season/Kicking Stat Caps

MvG Sports

Gentlemen,

Have you done better than this, and are there any stat caps for kickers?

I finished 14-2 and will be uploading all of the games to YouTube sometime this week.  This was apart of my COMET Bowl challenge, where I start all offensive backups all the time with backup TE at KR/PR.  Stoyanovich did go 102 for 102, though 1 did get blocked by San Diego's Les Miller, but blocks don't count as misses on the statsheet apparently.

10stoyanovich.jpg

Holy crow! This is an excellent challenge idea. Must have been super challenging moving the chains with Mr. Jim Jenson. ;

Curious, do you remember how your TDs were scored? 

My math tells me you accrued 6-and-a-third FGs per game. Any recollection of what your single game record was for FGs?

5 hours ago, Green Majik said:

Holy crow! This is an excellent challenge idea. Must have been super challenging moving the chains with Mr. Jim Jenson. ;

Curious, do you remember how your TDs were scored? 

My math tells me you accrued 6-and-a-third FGs per game. Any recollection of what your single game record was for FGs?

I only scored/tried to score TDs out of necessity or at the ends of the halves, thus Scott Mitchell had 4 TD passes and 1 run for a TD...the other TD was defensive, off of a fumble I believe.

The most FGs in a game was 11, twice (though one of those may have been a 12 or a 13, but I don't think they were).  I will be posting the vids sometime this week after I wrap up the playoffs (which I won't be kicking FG only as there's no reason as playoff stats aren't tracked).

Edited by MvG Sports

Great vid. I was curious how close you were going to get before hitting your field goals -- whether you were going to spend time getting up close or kick it once you got just past the 50. 

I began a "most K points in a season" season with the Packers and the mediocre Mr. Jacke. I was finally able to get an 11-FG game in my 8th week, although it did take OT to do it. 

Jacke wk8.png

4 hours ago, Green Majik said:

I should have asked before: are onside kicks fair game in COMET Bowl scenarios? 

I tend to do a lot of onside kicks, not because I expect to recover them, but because it gives my opponent a short field ad thus saves time in the kickoff.

Sure...I only do them by mistake mostly, but I don't limit myself from doing them.  I still want to win as many games as possible by as much as possible, trying to get as many shutouts as possible, but you've got to do you.

That's great news. 

Then without further ado, here are my final "most kick points in a season" stats with Mr. Jacke(t), the hilarious disparity after twelve weeks, and my best game of 13 FGs:

JackeKfinal.pngK Jacke wk12.pngK Jacke12.png

Overall, this was an extremely fun challenge, although Tony Dilweg's occasional inability to hit an open receiver became frustrating. 

WOW, nice job, man!

It looks like we still haven't definitively found what the kicker stat caps are, but the new records are yours at 120 FGM, 138 FGA, and 366 PTS.

The Comet Bowl challenge is something I'm doing for 2016...I'm aiming to play a "COMET" season (again start all offensive backups all the time and use the backup TE as KR/PR) with all 28 teams as I normally exhaust a game in a calendar year for my Man v. Game challenges.

I was kind of getting bored with the challenge, thus I drummed up this "Kicker stat cap" side bar.  I guess eventually the ultimate goal would be to find the kicker stat caps, regardless of the roster(s)/playbook(s) played, but again I needed a challenge within the challenge to make this sexy again (and I'm not even sure it worked lol).  I have 12 COMET seasons to go.  I'll probably post my seasonal results for this at some point soon, just to get me going on this again lol.  Take care, man.

Wow, nice job again breaking your own record...still no definitive caps for any of the kicking stats I see.

Just an FYI, per tecmogeek.com, Nick Lowery is the best kicker in the game from both an accuracy and power standpoint.  I did my challenge with Miami/Pete Stoyanovich because he was the best kicker of what I had left for my COMET Bowl challenge...I had already used Kansas City when I decided to do this field goal bit.  Good luck though and again awesome job!

It's rare to do something nowadays with this game that hasn't been done before, so I'm glad at least we're riding the wave.

Trevor